Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys 16th Region Tournament Bracket
I can not make a bracket on here so I am going to post it as a list.

Perry Central got a bye in the first round.
Oneida Baptist and Paintsville will play in the first round Monday at 6:30.

Corbin and Letcher Central will play in the first round also Monday at 8:30.
Johnson Central also got a bye.

The winner of OBI and P*ville will play PCC Tuesday at 6:30.
The winner of Corbin and LCC will play JC Tuesday at 8:30.

The championship game will be Thursday at 6:30.

All games will be held in Perry County at the Perry County park. They will be on the baseball field right next to Perry County Central High School. Admission will be $5 person. Children in kindergarten and under will get in free. People will be checking for tickets so do not try and get away without paying.

This should be a great tournament. Good luck to all competitors.

Someone make a new thread for the girls region tournament bracket!!!
Thanks for the info....see you there.
Perry VS Corbin in the final is my guess. GO DORES
dore20 Wrote:Perry VS Corbin in the final is my guess. GO DORES
Who wins it IYO?
The Guru Wrote:Who wins it IYO?

It would be a crazy game i will take Perry 3-2. But every team should watch out for Oneida. If there team chemistry is there they can go past every team on the bracket.
The bracket is posted on khsaa now! It will be a little more pretty than my list.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ment_84116
Should be a fun tournament to watch
Predictions on tonight's games

OBI 3 Paintsville 1
Corbin 6 Letcher Central 0
Go Cougars!
OB 3 Paintsville 2 was a real nail biter! Great Game by both teams!
I saw the first half to that game. Very good half. I was very impressed with Paintsville. I'm sure the second half was a thriller.
Who won the Corbin game?
Corbin 4 LCCHS 1 :Sad04:
frankie21 Wrote:Who won the Corbin game?

Corbin 4 Letcher Central 1

Corbin jumped out to a 4-0 lead about 15 minutes into the game. Letcher started playing better and Corbin kind of lost focus when their center mid went out after getting cleated along with playing a few of the subs who did not get to play in the district final. Letcher is a much improved team from the one I saw last year and really appear to be going in the right direction. I was impressed with their hustle and never say die attitude as well.

I hate to complain, but there is no reason to play a regional tournament on a field that is that small. There is not enough space to play the game the way it is supposed to be played and the result is very ugly soccer.

Corbin must play a lot better or they will not win this tourney.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin 4 Letcher Central 1

Corbin jumped out to a 4-0 lead about 15 minutes into the game. Letcher started playing better and Corbin kind of lost focus when their center mid went out after getting cleated along with playing a few of the subs who did not get to play in the district final. Letcher is a much improved team from the one I saw last year and really appear to be going in the right direction. I was impressed with their hustle and never say die attitude as well.

I hate to complain, but there is no reason to play a regional tournament on a field that is that small. There is not enough space to play the game the way it is supposed to be played and the result is very ugly soccer.

Corbin must play a lot better or they will not win this tourney.

Yes Letcher is much improved. And about the field, it is actually larger than the original soccer field that PCC plays on. But it doesn't matter because you have to play on what is given to you. Because Perry Central won their district they have the privelege of hosting the region tournament. Not a whole lot of teams in the 16th region have an actual soccer field anyways. Most teams play on a football field. If you want to complain maybe someone else needs to win district.
[quote=SEKYFAN]Corbin 4 Letcher Central 1

I totally agree . The Baseball field is NOT a soccer field. It is much too short. If you don't have the facilities(even a proper bathroom) you should not be able to host ANY touraments.
I was a little surprised to see that PCCHS has not joined the legions of schools in this area, who have artificial turf fields that share football & soccer with a track around... but I am sure they will have one very soon.

Good Luck to all teams advancing & congratulations to all those teams, who have closed out their season @ the 16th Region Tournament. You don't "luck into getting there".

I won't go into the overwhelming sense of pride I am feeling for our Paintsville team. After having had to be "put off" for a team their entire time in high school, our Seniors finally got their chance to shine.
I know they are however, disappointed in the outcome of last night's game, BUT... we accomplished alot in just one very short season. I am humbled by their efforts, hard work, and ability to remain focused on their goals... (given it's not very easy to do what they've managed to do in the first place, while having to do so, when many folks question why anyone would want to play soccer in the first place & some even go so far as to voice those thoughts to you...LOL)
Well Guys... you did it. You got your team, you learned alot, you had an amazing season(11-4-1), you won the Apple Cup, you placed 2nd in the district and advanced to regionals, you played your hearts out and left it all on the field... Not too shabby for a "first year team"! I love you guys... YOU made all this happen!

{I would also like to "Thank" Chuck McClure, our 1st year Principal, John Brown, our 1st year AD, and Coy Samons for supporting our team and attending games as often as their Fall schedule would allow, considering we had about (8) varsity sports and several middle school sports all going on @ the same time!}
I also would like to add... (and I apologize for dbl posting...LOL) that this season has been the VERY BEST! We have enjoyed both girls and boys soccer programs and have been overwhelmed by the Love and Support from everyone! Everything I said about the boys groups goes for the ladies as well... Good Luck to those advancing to the next round and Congratulations to all who have closed their seasons! We'll be right back out there to support next season, even though ours will have graduated this Spring, because that's just what Tigers do! I love you girls and I want to Thank you for such a wonderful season and all the support you and your families have extended to our boys team! GO BIG BLUE!!!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I also would like to add... (and I apologize for dbl posting...LOL) that this season has been the VERY BEST! We have enjoyed both girls and boys soccer programs and have been overwhelmed by the Love and Support from everyone! Everything I said about the boys groups goes for the ladies as well... Good Luck to those advancing to the next round and Congratulations to all who have closed their seasons! We'll be right back out there to support next season, even though ours will have graduated this Spring, because that's just what Tigers do! I love you girls and I want to Thank you for such a wonderful season and all the support you and your families have extended to our boys team! GO BIG BLUE!!!

You are a true supporter.:Thumbs: Congratulations on a great season!
If you win like PCC does then sure you do. Not everyone in eastern Kentucky has a soccer ONLY field. So get over it..and how many people actually have a bathroom at their soccer field, I'm sure it is not many. So complain as much as you like but they deserve to host the region because they earned it. If you want to dispute that then I guess you can take it up with the khsaa, seeing as though that is their rule that PCC gets to host it.

Confusederved:
Peace be with you frankie. Maybe you can direct your energies to helping PCCHS in getting an update. I'm gonna pray for PCCHS to get a facility for soccer that is equal to that of basketball! I have no idea what the situation might be over there, but I'm gonna pray for it anyway! Again.. Good Luck to all, who are advancing into play shortly!
SEKYFAN Wrote:You are a true supporter.:Thumbs: Congratulations on a great season!

Thank you... and please feel free to head over to my "WTG" thread!:Cheerlead
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Peace be with you frankie. Maybe you can direct your energies to helping PCCHS in getting an update. I'm gonna pray for PCCHS to get a facility for soccer that is equal to that of basketball! I have no idea what the situation might be over there, but I'm gonna pray for it anyway! Again.. Good Luck to all, who are advancing into play shortly!

Thank You. The school board I believe is attempting to accomplish the same thing that Hazard High School has accomplished with their new turf football/soccer field. If they do that will greatly improve the facilities, and that way I guess we won't have to listen to people complain on here. The only reason they have switched to the baseball field to play on is because of the lights. The other field had none.
I would also like to say this.... When school systems build buildings, they do so with Federal and State Money. When school systems build fields, that is different. When school systems pay teachers, that too, is different. While I realize it's important to have spectacular sporting facilities in this day and age, it all may be boiled down to what one can afford prioritized... now, from there, I'd like to say this... we played on the baseball field. It is owned by the city of Paintsville. It needs to be updated as a BASEBALL FIELD TO BEGIN WITH...LOL... but that didn't hamper us from gpoing to the All "A" State Finals last year... or bringing home various trophies/titles in years past... same thing goes for Basketball @ PHS... while they have earned a Dbl dink/ Triple Lindy kinda gym... I guess we'll get one, when we get one... it doesn't seem to inhibit the talent that has dribbled thru it over the years... Annnndddd we also took a first year soccer team to the Regional in girls and boys from that field... if PCCHS has been successful in soccer and has been moved from a dark field to a lighted one, that something, but like you advised, there is a plan in the works and everyone needs to get behind it! We finally got a lighted softball field 2 years too late for our daughter after working towards it for 15 years!!! That's progress! We prayed alot over that one too... prayer works!
Tuesday's predictions

Perry Central 3 OBI 2 OT
Corbin 2 Johnson Central 1
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Peace be with you frankie. Maybe you can direct your energies to helping PCCHS in getting an update. I'm gonna pray for PCCHS to get a facility for soccer that is equal to that of basketball! I have no idea what the situation might be over there, but I'm gonna pray for it anyway! Again.. Good Luck to all, who are advancing into play shortly!

I wish Perry could get a field. With 4 straight district titles and without a doubt being the best sports team in the school in recent times i dont understand why they dont get more support.
dore20 Wrote:I wish Perry could get a field. With 4 straight district titles and without a doubt being the best sports team in the school in recent times i dont understand why they dont get more support.

Very good point dore 20. Here is the problem that WE soccer supporters face. and that is politics. Guranteed one of our teams could win state and STILL not be recognized for their accomplishment. But Perry is in a DESPERATE need of a better field. For one the board needs to regulate it in size, then move to lighting and then move to the nicer things such as better types of grass and etc.
Perry is up 3-1 at the half against oneida
dore20 Wrote:Perry is up 3-1 at the half against oneida

good keep us updated Dore
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:good keep us updated Dore

Oneidas starting goalie left the game with a head injury at halftime btw and the score is now 4-1