Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking nominations for Defensive player of the week
QQ has put me in charge of this, for the time being. So let's here it. I have no idea who to nominate this week, I didn't have the opportunity to attend a game. So let's here it guys.
I don't have numbers(stats) but Will Lockhart, Pikeville's middle linebacker had several solo tackles and at least a couple of sacks.
He leads a defense that flies to the football and has only given up 7 points in the last 4 games.
CBS Sports Wrote:I don't have numbers(stats) but Will Lockhart, Pikeville's middle linebacker had several solo tackles and at least a couple of sacks.
He leads a defense that flies to the football and has only given up 7 points in the last 4 games.

PHSFAN probably has the exact stats.. Lockhart sounds like an excellent canidate.. If we can get some numbers
Yeah Lockhart done very well on defense and had a lot of tackles.
Michael Rowe from ER got Defensive Player of the fame at the Black/Gold Bowl...im going toward him.
How about this QQ, we'll wait until after Wednesday for the newspapers to come out so that people will have stats?? We'll take Wednesday up until Thursday and then we'll vote on a poll over the weekend?? That is if it's alright with you. This is your baby, I'm just helping.
MOJO Wrote:How about this QQ, we'll wait until after Wednesday for the newspapers to come out so that people will have stats?? We'll take Wednesday up until Thursday and then we'll vote on a poll over the weekend?? That is if it's alright with you. This is your baby, I'm just helping.

:thumb: good idea mojo.. :thanks:
Well it's Wednesday, and let's get some nominations with stats. Johnson Central's junior linebacker had a big game vs. Lawrence with 14 tackles.
Blake Johnson was the player from Johnson Central
Old School Wrote:Blake Johnson was the player from Johnson Central

Yeah that's who I was referring to just forgot to put his name in there somewhere.
The Cannoy Kid from ashland does he play defense?? that would be a kid to watch if so after hearing about the hit he laid against p-burg
Ac11Rebels Wrote:The Cannoy Kid from ashland does he play defense?? that would be a kid to watch if so after hearing about the hit he laid against p-burg

Need stats on him though.
Don't forget Will Lockhart
go panthers!!! Wrote:Don't forget Will Lockhart

Stats anyone?? QQ, wants stats.
The story wasn't on the News Express site so someone will have to get the stats from the paper.
Beef Wrote:The story wasn't on the News Express site so someone will have to get the stats from the paper.

I checked the BSN as well and Lockhart's stats weren't in there either.
Well I don't know what to do QQ, do we have an offensive player of the week as of yet??
MOJO Wrote:Well I don't know what to do QQ, do we have an offensive player of the week as of yet??

Ya..I do.. Whos our defensive player. Ill get em posted.. I have plenty of pics..
torQQue Wrote:Ya..I do.. Whos our defensive player. Ill get em posted.. I have plenty of pics..

I guess Blake Johnson of Johnson Central since he's the only one we have stats on with 14 tackles.
I don't disagree with the player of the week but this thread will not always be accurate if it is only based on defensive stats stated in a newspaper or received from a school as many schools have a student compiling preliminary defensive stats and most sports writers only take what the school gives them. Most teams do not calculate tackles, etc until after film review.
Also many schools in the mountains do not even keep defensive stats...I have been trying to get my hands on some for years.
This thread may need to be based on member submissions.
CBS Sports Wrote:I don't disagree with the player of the week but this thread will not always be accurate if it is only based on defensive stats stated in a newspaper or received from a school as many schools have a student compiling preliminary defensive stats and most sports writers only take what the school gives them. Most teams do not calculate tackles, etc until after film review.
Also many schools in the mountains do not even keep defensive stats...I have been trying to get my hands on some for years.
This thread may need to be based on member submissions.

Although I see where you're coming from and tend to agree, QQ wants defensive stats I do believe. I kept aggrivating him about getting a defensive player of the week each week. He finally told me to take it over, and all I want to do is get defensive players some recognition. But without stats, it's hard to prove who had the better week defensively.
We can give Non official beside their statsn mojo. .If someone has a rough estimate.. Im sorry im a week behind mojo. hopefully we can started on tonights players of the week no later than sunday.
torQQue Wrote:We can give Non official beside their statsn mojo. .If someone has a rough estimate.. Im sorry im a week behind mojo. hopefully we can started on tonights players of the week no later than sunday.

You're not a week behind. Heck we held off to get some defensive stats but like CBS defensive stats are hard to come by official or unofficial.
Whatever gets the defensive guys some recognition is good with me.
Just really hard to get accurate stats.
I love the idea.
CBS Sports Wrote:Whatever gets the defensive guys some recognition is good with me.
Just really hard to get accurate stats.
I love the idea.

I completely understand. Defensive stats are hard to come by, but since defense wins championships and yet the offensive guys get the pub, some defensive guys need some recognition.