Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central Track
Anyone know how good they are looking this year? I know they have some good runners. Tyler Newsome and Colton Combs are two very good runners. Anyone know how they will be?
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
who's kcc
TheONLY1 Wrote:who's kcc

I hope your joking:confused: ....But, if you're not they're Knott County Central HS...
TheONLY1 Wrote:who's kcc

Wow.:eek:
i know that we had a bunch of people go to state.
weston smith
logan bartrum
michael conway
ethan bailey
and like 3 others that i can't remember...
Well KCC loses a great coach in Jeff Musgrave. He graduated from Alice Lloyd College and went on to UK. Right now they do not have a coach, but KCC has pretty much been this way for a while. But with the leadership on the team they should get it put together, with or without a dedicated coach. Mr. Charles Jones (XC Coach) does not want to coach track and Mr. Richard Spencer is doing evening classes and cannot. A new coach will fill in soon.

But as I said, a couple of runners on this team are very dedicated to the program. Tyler has captained since he been a freshmen at Allen Central and Colton has really stepped up and started to push himself as well as others. Everyone on that team stands up and cheers the other teammate on. They are defiantly the loudest team at the meets. Emmanuel Alcantar is a great 800 meter runner. He had a short season due to illness but ran a 2:45 800m in his first meet as an 8th grader.

Every season KCC has outstanding numbers out on the track. We have at least 25 out but it shrinks to 10 or less by seasons end. But the leadership on this team is going to push you and if your not willing to go with it, that's your problem. Weston Smith should make a great time in the mile and 2 mile. We should have a lot of freshmen out this year.

For KCC's numbers, they compete very well. They placed second at a P-Burg meet last year with Tyler Newsome scoring 38 points I believe and Weston Smith scoring 25. If they could get some more guys out this team would do extremely well. Jeremy Marden takes care of our needs basically. We have him as a manager. And he is more than that, always pushing others and giving pep talks.

The girls team is always limited and they go back and forth. Cannot keep some of them in practice. If they could get more out to run they would be fine.

The realignment changed this year and KCC's boys team should do very great. With everyone returning and improved they should be fine. Last year Charles Duncan started improving on sprints. Tyler worked with him alone and pushed him and he started improving. Colton will be doing sprints with these two and all three are getting stronger. Emanuel could fill in and make a descent 4X100 team.

KCC needs to find some guys to specialize in the field events. Colton and Weston tried to take on some jumping last year and started improving. Colt and Tyler also tried javelin and Tyler started throwing close to 90. We are talking to one guy that could throw descent if we got him to come out.

The 100 will be filled with Tyler, Colt and Charles. And a possible 4X100 team includes Tyler, Colt, Emmanuel and Charles.

The 200 will be run with Tyler, Colt and Charles.

The 400 will feature Emmanuel, Tyler and Colton. A 4X400 is also possible with Weston Smith's presence.

Tyler also runs the 800 and does quite well winning it 4 times last year. Emmanuel Alcantar can get it down under 2:30 possible under 2:25 if he pushes himself hard.

Weston Smith will run the mile and 2 mile. As far as the boys that have ran cross country , they have never came out for track and I am not even 30% sure they will. Weston does very well at these races.

The names mentioned are the guys that stuck dedicated last season. With a team that small they competed very well. A few however did miss some meets. Only 6 were attended last year and with Weston and Tyler adding major points they did well. If we could get some runners in the school on the team we could be a threat to the new region. However I do predict Weston Smith and Tyler Newsome will make state no doubt. I'm not sure of how competitive the events are but I say there is a shot for others to make it.

Good Luck KCC!
ladypatriot55 Wrote:i know that we had a bunch of people go to state.
weston smith
logan bartrum
michael conway
ethan bailey
and like 3 others that i can't remember...

that was cross country? or last year track?
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Spartan4Life Wrote:that was cross country? or last year track?

That was 2008 Cross Country. It's also very easy to make state in cross country. Cross country involves more team and track this year you will have to place 1st to go to state and then at large runners will make it in as well.
I got a chance to speak with the combs kid at the knott county sportsplex. He was working and while doing that he was also running and lifting weights, he getting a lot stronger and looks very fast, hes also a good kid, he looks tough and seems to be pushing his self very hard, I love the way he speaks by saying we, when i asked who we was he said me and god, Extremely good kid. Cant wait to watch him run
Speedy321 Wrote:I got a chance to speak with the combs kid at the knott county sportsplex. He was working and while doing that he was also running and lifting weights, he getting a lot stronger and looks very fast, hes also a good kid, he looks tough and seems to be pushing his self very hard, I love the way he speaks by saying we, when i asked who we was he said me and god, Extremely good kid. Cant wait to watch him run

Colton is a very good worker. Last year, he couldn't make up his mind, on what he wanted to do. He settled on sprints and will continue this season there. I really wish he would train for the 800, he has perfect size. I know it is only track but I think KCC, with the few athletes they have, they could perform. Colt will need to step up and show some leadership skills and help lead this team, sometimes it's more than just racing hard.
The only runners that can compete in regionals are Tyler Newsome and Weston Smith. Weston is a great miler and two miler. Tyler had shin splints all last year and still competed at meets and won. Last year at regionals, I wasn't there but I checked up on it, and it seems like Tyler slowed down a bit. Weston should have went to state. If Weston stays dedicated and Tyler stays healthy (shin splints and tendinitis) both of these boys should go to state.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:Wow.:eek:

Yea I mean thats embarressing I don't know about the powerhouse knott county central lol. Oh wait thats one of the teams thats like in the weakest region right. Yea I think I'm right lol. If your teams was in the Region that Lawrence County was in you wouldn't have anyone going to state like the dawgs do everyyear. The dawgs don't only go to state but they bring back medals too Wink.
All I know is that Weston's really fast...
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea I mean thats embarressing I don't know about the powerhouse knott county central lol. Oh wait thats one of the teams thats like in the weakest region right. Yea I think I'm right lol. If your teams was in the Region that Lawrence County was in you wouldn't have anyone going to state like the dawgs do everyyear. The dawgs don't only go to state but they bring back medals too Wink.

seriously, just shut up. the dawgs and their metals have nothing to do with kcc's track team.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:seriously, just shut up. the dawgs and their metals have nothing to do with kcc's track team.

Well when I ask someone who kcc is don't be a smart***. I never ran against kcc what was there boys times last year in the 4*1, 4*2 an $*4.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Well when I ask someone who kcc is don't be a smart***. I never ran against kcc what was there boys times last year in the 4*1, 4*2 an $*4.

The last time KCC ran the 4X100 was 2 years ago with, in this order of legs, Dale Fletcher, Scott Mosley, Tyler Newsome and Michael Lindon. That was their first and only time that year it was ran because all runner except Tyler left the team. They ran it in 48.2. Which is fast considering they never practiced handoffs or anything before the race. When a team is last place before the 3rd leg and finishes in second that is great. This was at Pikeville, so the talent was all there.

How big is Lawrence's team. We had less than 8 on our team. Anyway, Lawrence places 10th out of 13. You guys have a time of high 46 though. Which is pretty good. Here at KCC we have problems of getting athletes out. THe atheletes we do have work hard and compete well. Almost everyone on our team was plagued with injuries last year, and they still ran which wasn't very smart, they had gotten slower times and still had won events. Weston Smith probably could have ran the mile in around 5 or even lower. Tyler could have had a shot in 100 to make state. Both of these boys had shin splints and so did Colton Combs and he could have done well. Before you dis a team get all of your facts straight. Be a good athlete. As far as I see no one from Lawrence made state...So lets all just lie about it. I went and won 1st with a 9.52 in the 100m!
Theshinningknight Wrote:The only runners that can compete in regionals are Tyler Newsome and Weston Smith. Weston is a great miler and two miler. Tyler had shin splints all last year and still competed at meets and won. Last year at regionals, I wasn't there but I checked up on it, and it seems like Tyler slowed down a bit. Weston should have went to state. If Weston stays dedicated and Tyler stays healthy (shin splints and tendinitis) both of these boys should go to state.

Everyone on this team has potential!
lololol Wrote:All I know is that Weston's really fast...

Weston is fast and he works very hard. I havn't caught up with him in a while. I hope he is still working hard.
Therunner Wrote:Everyone on this team has potential!

Listen I don't where your getting your information at but a a high 46 was not the best we ran in the 4*1. I went to state my sophomore, junior, an senior years in track. My junior year we ran a 43.8 in the 4*1 placing 5th at state. We got 3rd that year in state in the 4*2 running a 1.32.9. Then we got 6th in the 4*4 and our season best in that event that year was a 3.33. Last year we went to state in the 4*1, 4*2 and I went in the long jump. We didn't make the finals in the 4*1 but atleast we went. In the 4*2 we were in third going into that last handoff and one of my buddies dropped the stick. Oh yea an btw i placed 4th in long jump and I was named all-state. So you need to get yours stats straight before you come talking trash to me, an come dude a 48 in the 4*1 thats like a middle school time.
I think KCC has a bright future.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Listen I don't where your getting your information at but a a high 46 was not the best we ran in the 4*1. I went to state my sophomore, junior, an senior years in track. My junior year we ran a 43.8 in the 4*1 placing 5th at state. We got 3rd that year in state in the 4*2 running a 1.32.9. Then we got 6th in the 4*4 and our season best in that event that year was a 3.33. Last year we went to state in the 4*1, 4*2 and I went in the long jump. We didn't make the finals in the 4*1 but atleast we went. In the 4*2 we were in third going into that last handoff and one of my buddies dropped the stick. Oh yea an btw i placed 4th in long jump and I was named all-state. So you need to get yours stats straight before you come talking trash to me, an come dude a 48 in the 4*1 thats like a middle school time.

Calm down dude. I checked up last year on the stats. Lawrence county relay teams didn't go to state. What year did you run? If it was before our time, do you have anything better to do than dis high school athletes that are trying hard in what they do, like a job or something??? Our 4X100 two years ago was with Michael and Tyler both running in the 11's. Scott and Dale weren't fit for sprints. We ran against quality teams like Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Belfry and Pike Central and we came up big.It may not be state time but we did our best and that what counts. Some Kentuckians just blow my mind by the way they act some times....:boosign:
Mosley21 Wrote:I think KCC has a bright future.

They do have a bright future even though they are losing a great leader and runner in Tyler. I'm buds with Emmanuel and he told me he was getting alot stronger and faster. Hes grown up alot and did well in as an 8th grader. I think he also ran in 7th but i'm not sure. I think he will be very fast once he matures. Colton is also growing up as well. I seen KCC practice last year and it looked like they had a lot of young runners out there. Some of them looked as young as 6th grade. Many of them quit however. As long as a leader is there they will excel and continue to grow.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea I mean thats embarressing I don't know about the powerhouse knott county central lol. Oh wait thats one of the teams thats like in the weakest region right. Yea I think I'm right lol. If your teams was in the Region that Lawrence County was in you wouldn't have anyone going to state like the dawgs do everyyear. The dawgs don't only go to state but they bring back medals too Wink.

Do you even know what they did in the early 90s??? Look it up.
Therunner Wrote:Calm down dude. I checked up last year on the stats. Lawrence county relay teams didn't go to state. What year did you run? If it was before our time, do you have anything better to do than dis high school athletes that are trying hard in what they do, like a job or something??? Our 4X100 two years ago was with Michael and Tyler both running in the 11's. Scott and Dale weren't fit for sprints. We ran against quality teams like Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Belfry and Pike Central and we came up big.It may not be state time but we did our best and that what counts. Some Kentuckians just blow my mind by the way they act some times....:boosign:

Yes Sir!
Therunner Wrote:Calm down dude. I checked up last year on the stats. Lawrence county relay teams didn't go to state. What year did you run? If it was before our time, do you have anything better to do than dis high school athletes that are trying hard in what they do, like a job or something??? Our 4X100 two years ago was with Michael and Tyler both running in the 11's. Scott and Dale weren't fit for sprints. We ran against quality teams like Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Belfry and Pike Central and we came up big.It may not be state time but we did our best and that what counts. Some Kentuckians just blow my mind by the way they act some times....:boosign:

No i ran last and I assure you that I ran at Louisvilles track in the state track meet. Those aren't even quality teams. We ran against teams like Fort thomas highland, lloyd memorial, an Russell in our region. Dude go to kytrackx.com an look it up cuz i swear to you we went. We kille pike central last year at state lol they were like last.
Theshinningknight Wrote:Do you even know what they did in the early 90s??? Look it up.

Well no I don't know how they were in the early 90's because I was like 4.
I looked it up...

Section 1
1 Russell 47.61
1) Fullen, William 10 2) Hogg, Andrew 11
3) Stapleton, Steven 10 4) Ferguson, Jacob 12
5) Couchot, Carter 10 6) McKenzie, Collin 10
7) Virgin, Zach 12 8) Thacker, Rodney 11

2 Lewis County 48.13
1) Britt, JT 12 2) Buckler, Nick 11
3) Rigdon, Lathan 10 4) Enix, Jesse 12
5) Fite, Cody 09 6) Carver, Kyle 10

3 Greenup County 50.51
1) Baker, Kenton 11 2) Linthicum, Dustin 08
3) Ryerson, Earl 09 4) Gilliam, Travis 10
5) Troxler, Jett 09

4 Pendleton County 50.57
1) Owens, Aaron 11 2) Plummer, Matt 10
3) Greene, Clinton 09 4) Taylor, Shawn 10
5) Chesser, Robbie 12 6) King, Kurtis 10
7) Edwards, Jeff 10 8) Young, Anthony 09

Section 2
1 Lloyd Memorial 44.80 10
1) Herthel, Roger 11 2) Kramer, Jacob 11
3) Walker, Seydrick 11 4) Craddock, Josh 12
5) Walker, Patrick 10 6) Addington, Jordan 12
7) Johnson, Charles 10 8) Williams, Keland 08

2 Bourbon County 45.30 8
1) Denninghoff, Thomas 12 2) Purcell, Dustin 11
3) Barnes, Taylor 10 4) Massie, Jordan 12
5) Witt, Chris 09 6) Ritchey, Chase 09

3 Highlands 45.51 6
1) Bardo, Will 09 2) Cecil, Clay 12
3) Collinsworth, Austin 10 4) Theiss, Jake 12
5) Buten, Nick 10 6) Hogue, David 10
7) Lehmkuhl, Drew 11 8) Crothers, Jake 12

4 Mason County 46.04 4
1) Breckenridge, Terrance 11 2) Jackson, Akeem 10
3) Reed, Daniel 12 4) Lang, Bradley 10
5) Harris, Josh 08 6) Jones, Malcolm 10
7) Stahl, Weston 11 8) Adkins, Seth 10

5 Lawrence County 46.47 2
1) Cantrell, Tim 12 2) Fitzpatrick, Mark 11
3) Marcum, Matt 10 4) Thomas, Richard 11
5) O'Brian, Turner 09 6) Hinton, Tyler 12
7) Scarberry, Brian 12 8) James, Hunter 09

6 Rowan County 46.61 1
1) Manning, Blake 11 2) Stevens, Alex 10
3) Cross, Darrell 09 4) Colvin, Ryan 11
5) Spencer, Tyler 12 6) Sergent, Jon 11
7) Young, Eddie 12 8) McCormick, Jay 12

7 Newport 46.68
1) Carter, Brandon 09 2) Kim, Daniel 11
3) McDay, Quin 09 4) Hawkins, Branden 10
5) Housley, Branden 11

8 Fleming County 47.34
1) Cannon, Caleb 11 2) Caswell, Cody 11
3) Rudd, Derek 11 4) Gray, Josh 10
5) Duncan, Devin 10 6) Wallingford, Jacob 12
7) Dugan, Preston 10 8) Jones, Cody 10

http://www.khsaa.org/track/2008/regions/...egion5.pdf

This was last years regionals. I wish I was still running...
[quote=Theshinningknight]I looked it up...

Section 1
1 Russell 47.61
1) Fullen, William 10 2) Hogg, Andrew 11
3) Stapleton, Steven 10 4) Ferguson, Jacob 12
5) Couchot, Carter 10 6) McKenzie, Collin 10
7) Virgin, Zach 12 8) Thacker, Rodney 11

2 Lewis County 48.13
1) Britt, JT 12 2) Buckler, Nick 11
3) Rigdon, Lathan 10 4) Enix, Jesse 12
5) Fite, Cody 09 6) Carver, Kyle 10

3 Greenup County 50.51
1) Baker, Kenton 11 2) Linthicum, Dustin 08
3) Ryerson, Earl 09 4) Gilliam, Travis 10
5) Troxler, Jett 09

4 Pendleton County 50.57
1) Owens, Aaron 11 2) Plummer, Matt 10
3) Greene, Clinton 09 4) Taylor, Shawn 10
5) Chesser, Robbie 12 6) King, Kurtis 10
7) Edwards, Jeff 10 8) Young, Anthony 09

Section 2
1 Lloyd Memorial 44.80 10
1) Herthel, Roger 11 2) Kramer, Jacob 11
3) Walker, Seydrick 11 4) Craddock, Josh 12
5) Walker, Patrick 10 6) Addington, Jordan 12
7) Johnson, Charles 10 8) Williams, Keland 08

2 Bourbon County 45.

The top 6 teams from are region went to state in that event.
6 teams from our region went to state in that event and that wasn't our best time of the year.
TheONLY1 Wrote:6 teams from our region went to state in that event and that wasn't our best time of the year.

Top 2 go only.