Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Patrick Patterson recently said about him and the NBA
I got this off the transcript for the UK mens BBALL media day. They asked Patterson what he thought about going to the NBA, and he said..

"The NBA is always there, but right now we are just focused as a team for what we have ahead and that’s the NCAA Championship. I want to put the idea in the back of my head until the end of the season. Right now, the entire season is all I am worried about."

Sounds to me he might consider after this season. What do you all think?
I think he will stay until he gets him a ring.
Junior season then he is gone.
I think it depends on how much the team improves. If they fall short and he sees that the recruiting and the team only gets better, he'll stay.
Im going to say...this is the last year for PP in the blue and white.Sad
I am with Amun-Ra, he will forgo his Senior year and head to the association.
I think he simply wants to focus on the season and nothing else.
Like I said when he signed. He cut a gentlemans deal with Billy G to give BG 3 years to turn it around and win a National title.

If we make it to the final 4 this year he'll be back win or loose.

If we have a poor showing and he's getting 1st round NBA offers things could spin out of control.
DevilsWin Wrote:Like I said when he signed. He cut a gentlemans deal with Billy G to give BG 3 years to turn it around and win a National title.

If we make it to the final 4 this year he'll be back win or loose.

If we have a poor showing and he's getting 1st round NBA offers things could spin out of control.
i agree very well put
Patterson is nothing like OJ. He really went to collage for school. he doesnt play for him self like OJ did. I think Patterson is alot better than OJ. and i really think he will play till his senior year
If he has a good year, this will be his last year at UK.
schs_06 Wrote:Patterson is nothing like OJ. He really went to collage for school. he doesnt play for him self like OJ did. I think Patterson is alot better than OJ. and i really think he will play till his senior year

This thread is about UK and Patterson, so I don't see how O.J. came up in this convo. Since you got it started tho, how can you compare 2 players that play 2 completly different positions???
I think Patterson will stay, you know how high his mom is on getting a degree. Plus, if we have a good year and he realizes that UK has Nat. Championship potential then he'll stay, IMO.
i say hes here another 2 years atleast, he may consider the draft his senior year tho
I want to see the tandem of patterson and orton down low so he better not leave
It has nothing to do with wins or losses or rings this year or in the future for PP, its all about if he stays healthy. If he has good solid year and stays healthy he is gone and if he struggles through injuries he will stay for another year. I know his mom has always said she wants him to get an education but I guarantee you when it comes down to millions or getting an education, the education will be put on back burner. PP with a solid year can be a top 5 pick and you have to go when your stock is high, this isnt going to be a great year for big men entering the draft.
I really think this Kentucky team is going to be much improved from last years team, and if they make a run in the tournament which I think they will, he will be back. He wants a National Championship, and if he gets a glimpse of it, knowing the talent we have coming next year, he will come back for one more chance.
I see him leaving after his junior season.
I agree... I see him leaving after his junior season... He might say he wont leave until he gets outta school but everyone says that... Hes young he will want all that money soon
He is gone after this seasons, if he dont get hurt again. He would have left last season. If he wouldn't have got hurt.
I believe it depends on how the team finishes up the season. If we play like we did last season then I say he is gone. If we win 25-30 games and come up short, say we goto the final four, then I say he stays to come back and win the national championship his junior season. JMO
it just all depends. I think that he will wait and see the next two years and what this team acomplished.
The way times are getting to be with the economy and such anyone would be smart to stay for a good degree.
Overrated Wrote:The way times are getting to be with the economy and such anyone would be smart to stay for a good degree.

He can still get his degree in the NBA. There has been alot of player done that. Shaquille O'Neal, Chris Paul, Vince Carter. Just to name a few. All got there Degree and went to the pros early.
cj2561 Wrote:He can still get his degree in the NBA. There has been alot of player done that. Shaquille O'Neal, Chris Paul, Vince Carter. Just to name a few. All got there Degree and went to the pros early.
It happens in other sports too. I know Emmitt Smith eventually went back to Florida and finished his degree after he was in the NFL for a few years.
But my thing is...what if something happens really early in your career and you can't play again. I think it'd be better to go ahead and already have your degree instead of having to go through rehab or whatever and then goign back. That's why I think college athletes (mainly basketball and football) should stay a minimum of 2 years, that way they will have earned (or should have earned) their Associate's Degree. At least that is better than nothing.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It happens in other sports too. I know Emmitt Smith eventually went back to Florida and finished his degree after he was in the NFL for a few years.
But my thing is...what if something happens really early in your career and you can't play again. I think it'd be better to go ahead and already have your degree instead of having to go through rehab or whatever and then goign back. That's why I think college athletes (mainly basketball and football) should stay a minimum of 2 years, that way they will have earned (or should have earned) their Associate's Degree. At least that is better than nothing.

They need to make the NBA like the NFL (they have to be a JR. or 21 years old before you can either the draft.) There isn't a high school kid that is ready for the pros. If it wasn't for LeBron James being close to home. He would have know what to do with all of that money, and might be like 20% of them (in trouble). But i think the NBA made a new rule now, that they have to go to college at less 2 years, if i read it right, it might be going to make that a rule. Something like that.
cj2561 Wrote:They need to make the NBA like the NFL (they have to be a JR. or 21 years old before you can either the draft.) There isn't a high school kid that is ready for the pros. If it wasn't for LeBron James being close to home. He would have know what to do with all of that money, and might be like 20% of them (in trouble). But i think the NBA made a new rule now, that they have to go to college at less 2 years, if i read it right, it might be going to make that a rule. Something like that.
I really like how it is with baseball. In baseball, you have two choices: 1.) go pro straight out of high school, or 2.) go to college. Here is the thing I like though...if you go to college, you have to stay at least 3 years and cannot even be considered for the draft until then. However, if they think they are good enough, let them go straight out of high school. But I think if they go to school, it should be for a lot longer than just one year. That's almost a waste of time, money, and a scholarship if you ask me.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I really like how it is with baseball. In baseball, you have two choices: 1.) go pro straight out of high school, or 2.) go to college. Here is the thing I like though...if you go to college, you have to stay at least 3 years and cannot even be considered for the draft until then. However, if they think they are good enough, let them go straight out of high school. But I think if they go to school, it should be for a lot longer than just one year. That's almost a waste of time, money, and a scholarship if you ask me.

In baseball, most of the high school player don't go to the MLB. They go to the A, AA, or AAA teams and work there way up. I know a few people that went to a AA team out of high school. All of them got kick out for drugs. One of them made it up to the AAA team.
cj2561 Wrote:In baseball, most of the high school player don't go to the MLB. They go to the A, AA, or AAA teams and work there way up. I know a few people that went to a AA team out of high school. All of them got kick out for drugs. One of them made it up to the AAA team.
Well yeah. I didn't mean straight to the MLB, but they have the choice to either drafted into a team's farm system, or go to school. And if they go to school, they have to stay at least 3 years.