Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Overall 6th grade athlete
also hall from wcs
Shelby Valley had two outstanding 6th graders in #5 wingback Owen Caudill and #60 nose guard Justin Bowling they also had a 5th grader who was a standout on the 6th grade team #20 wingback Chandler Rowe.
austin hatfeild
keaton taylor
tj dotson
kj slone.... he hits ya like a ton of bricks
all from belfry cant wait to see them in action next year
kitty_cat Wrote:austin hatfeild
keaton taylor
tj dotson
kj slone.... he hits ya like a ton of bricks
all from belfry cant wait to see them in action next year

6th grade????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
yes 6th grade, this year
yea that Slone boy from Belfry is awesome on the football field he will put you in the dirt then offer a hand to help you up not only is he a good player he has great sportsmanship!!!
What number is he, I can not remember his name. I remember the tight end that changed positions and where ever he was at , that was where the ball was going. I can not remember his name but he is a good player. The QB and the RB were pretty good too, but the lineman stood out when we played the Belfry 6th grade at Shelby Valley. I know the weather was nasty and the one player from Belfry that stood out was the lineman, I think we voted for him as the player of the game......
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
yes they did kj slone #53 ,
Jones - Estill County
goal_line Wrote:Darling from Lewis Co

He sure can be a handful to bring down.
i go with jarrell big time
If you are talking just pure all around athlete you would have to have Kiser from Lawrence co. to the top of the list. Solid Quarterback, pitcher, and guard/forward. He is very talented kid. But to add a kid to the top athlete list just on football ability is overrated. Football is without a doubt the most team sport. I do not care how good a running back is or a quarterback is without a good line they will all look average. You have alot of kids that play there position very well it may just not be the high profile position that gets the headlines.
i go with jarrell i seen him play when thay played shelby valley he had over 100 rushing yard
frasure hall kendrick from wcs
fromthedawgpound Wrote:If you are talking just pure all around athlete you would have to have Kiser from Lawrence co. to the top of the list. Solid Quarterback, pitcher, and guard/forward. He is very talented kid. But to add a kid to the top athlete list just on football ability is overrated. Football is without a doubt the most team sport. I do not care how good a running back is or a quarterback is without a good line they will all look average. You have alot of kids that play there position very well it may just not be the high profile position that gets the headlines.

If you are saying KISER I am throwing out the MESSER kid from Russell......
jarrell will run them both over
No Way Chatlin Jarrell Is The Best In East Ky
pikeville31 Wrote:No Way Chatlin Jarrell Is The Best In East Ky

Is he from Pikeville ?
pikeville31 Wrote:i go with jarrell i seen him play when thay played shelby valley he had over 100 rushing yard

Dont think Pikeville had 100 yards as a team in this game . They got beat 14 to 0 .They had alot of Trouble moving the ball.
Owen Caudill from Shelby Valley, 6th grader and all over the field. He's #5, wingback, but played the field anytime and anywhere he was needed at the time!!! Great young athlete!!
The post was for an overall best athlete. There are many posts that have mentioned a players football stats and how great a football player they are. My understanding for "overall athlete" would be someone that does well in more than one sport. Do these kids also do well in other sports. There is one in particular that I know of for sure that is definately not anything other than a football player, I won't mention his name. What do you think?
I always find it amusing that most of you leave out adams middle school. While Jarrell from betsy layne is a good football player as well as the team, adams middle school b-team was undefeated in the county. This includes betsy layne. The marcum kid from adams was also the mvp of the year. How soon everyone forgets!
Caudill from SV is a very good football player and starts at guard for Virgie's 8th grade basketball team. Rowe from SV is a 5th grader and starts at PG for Virgie Middle also. Both scored 25 TD's this season. VMS basketball has a record of 17-4. SV beat BL and Adams 6th grade football teams.
Only in the last minutes of the game did sv beat adams...it would seem they weren't having the best game of the season. SV wouldn't come close even if there were 3 rematches. SV didn't have near the talent of the adams team.
Also, it was one the most poorly officiated games I have seen.
Talk about no respect. SV beat Adams14-12. Very good game but to say that Adams would beat SV easily is a joke. SV also beat BL at BL 6-0....the same score Adams beat BL in OT. I guess they had another bad game. Caudill score a TD on a 68 yard run and Rowe broke one with one mintue for 40 yards. I guess the refs blocked for themBig Grin