Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky-21 Arkansas-20
RavenBoy Wrote:that should tell ya that everyone is fed up with Hartline as QB.
Did Hartline steal your girlfriend or something?
OffTheHook Wrote:Funny, he completed the 2 TD passes that won the game for the CATS. Only thing that tells us is that everyone thought the game was over and now feel silly for leaving early and missing a great comeback by.........Harline.

Cobb made those plays happen. Heartline still sucks. Cobb is a better qb but if you put him there then no one can catch.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Then who will catch the ball?

I still hate Hartline and I still think that he shouldn't even be on the team...UK needs to put Alfonso Smith in the slot and see how he'll do. He can catch better than any reciever on the team except Dicky or maybe Cobb...Hartline just looks like he is scared to death out there.
Im with you two guys on this one, Hartline is still awful. The only reason they won the first two games is because they were playing teams worse off than them and they barely beat Middle Tennessee. When they start SEC play they suck, well besides Cobb and the defense. The play calling is a joke, I mean why wait till the end of the game to start taking shots downfield. I still say this team doesnt make a bowl game. It wouldnt matter if Tennessee was winless in the SEC, they would still beat UK, as will every other team left on the schedule. Our defense cant stop everybody and they cant handle the burden of keeping us in games long enough to make a comeback. It will get the best of them the longer this goes on. Rich Brooks is an idiot and so is Phillips, but dont believe me, I dont care, you all will see for yourselves soon enough.
Everyone on here that is still screaming for Cobb to be the quarterback just doesn't understand what it takes to win football games. A good QB can't help you win if there is no one to throw to. And that is exactly the way this UK team is with Cobb under center, there is absolutely NO ONE to throw to. Do you really want to rely on Gene McCaskill and Aaron Boyd to make the big plays downfield? Even if Cobb is a better QB than Hartline (which is debatable), the TEAM is severely weakened by taking Cobb out of the receiving corps. If Lyons was still around for him to throw to, you might could argue otherwise, but now Cobb is the only one who can make the big catches. Remember, Cobb ran the team for two series in the first half yesterday and didn't do any better than Hartline.

Bottom line: leave Cobb at receiver and watch as he grows into the next Keenan Burton, then ends up even better before his UK career is over. If you can't see the potential for him to be among the nation's best receivers, I don't know what else to tell you.

Anyway, awesome game to be at, I was so glad I didn't leave! Commonwealth was rocking there at the end, even though the place was only 1/4 full! I personally loved watching Petrino slam his hat to the ground in disgust as the final seconds ticked off! That made 3+ hours of freezing my butt off all worthwhile... Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was at the game and when heartline threw that INT in the 4th quarter everyone just got up and left..It made me sick seeing all the people leave with about 5 minutes left on the clock..Well when uk finally started playing people were running back into the stadium, knocking down sercurity guards and everything..It was funny to see

And yes I stayed until the last snap!!!
flash2 Wrote:I was at the game and when heartline threw that INT in the 4th quarter everyone just got up and left..It made me sick seeing all the people leave with about 5 minutes left on the clock..Well when uk finally started playing people were running back into the stadium, knocking down sercurity guards and everything..It was funny to see

And yes I stayed until the last snap!!!
Sounds like no one should show up and the CATS will win.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Few thigns to adress.
First I'm always at the home games and this was possibly the loudest I ever heard it. Great atmosphere for the ones who stayed.
Here is the things to remember with the qb situation. Cobb first is a freshman and hasn't learned the system well enough to control a game. Second he's been hurt which put him behind and even last week he wasn't capable of throwing down field with his ankle.
Hartline, he reminds me of somebody else as a soph. Try going back and watching tape of last years qb during his first year. He was horrid at times. Hartlien def. isn't a great qb, but in my opinion he gives us the best shot at winning with the situation at hand. I thik Cobb would be a an average qb but could tun into one of the best pass catchers in the league. The kid is special an all of the blame shouldn't be put on Hartline. He's made several passes which the wideouts have dropped, he's made a lot of bad passes also.
Here is one thing to think about. Look at all of the receievers that's been hurt through the season. A qb and a receiver has to be able to work together and pretty much know what the other is thinking, and UK's been to injured to do that. One of te touchdown pases was a roue which Cobb broke off of, Hartline reconizedthat and thumbs up to both.
As for anybody who discredits anybody on this coacing staff, I don't pay any attention to, because this staff has turned UK aroud and done it the right way. Proof is in the pudding, the old man and his staff knows what the are doin. I thought the hire was crazy, but was I ever wrong. No matter what happens the rest of the year, I'm so happy with our coaching staff.
As for the season I really think we will get in a bowl now. This defense is good, and the offense is going to continue to improve. The only game I say we don't relly have much of hope for is Florida, he Gator offense is the one which can give the d fits. The others we have a shot at. Georgia is a log shot but hey it's at home.
Hartline has become the scapegoat for all of UK's offensive troubles. He has been doomed because he is following one of the better QBs in UK history.

Seriously people, if Cobb is at QB then what will the offense be like? We will run the ball more (which hasn't been effective) and we will throw the ball less. There will be no one to throw to if Cobb is at QB.

Take this into consideration. If Cobb was at QB at the end of the Arkansas game, then who would have caught those passes to put UK in the lead?

With Cobb at QB, I could make the argument that UK would have never come back and won the game!

We are going to have to suck it up and realize that this isn't UK's year to win the SEC. Yes, we have a great defense and that is awesome, but our offense needs work. The good thing is that we have two really good QBs coming up in the future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I cant wait till that freshman qb comes in next year, i dont remember his name, the guy from indiana....Help with the name people lol
Morgan Newton..Yes Hartline has won 5 games, but he better enjoy this year is all I have to say. He is football's Sheraye Thomas IMO!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Morgan Newton..Yes Hartline has won 5 games, but he better enjoy this year is all I have to say. He is football's Sheraye Thomas IMO!

TY... If they had that kid this year id say the Cats might just be undefeated right now.
dore20 Wrote:TY... If they had that kid this year id say the Cats might just be undefeated right now.

Another kid to watch out for as well Dore is Ryan Mosalaki(sp.) who is a higher recruit according to ESPN's 150. Cool
FBALL Wrote:Did Hartline steal your girlfriend or something?

FBALL, just check any of his post anywhere. Hardly ever post anything pos. always neg.
Hartline doesn't call the plays. All he does is go out there and run the offense like it is called form the booth. If you want someone to complain about, start with Joker. Yes I have my doubts about Hartline but he is still learning the system aswell. If all he is allowed to do is make little dump passes and throw to the flats then what do you expect.

Cobb is an exceptioanal athlete. That's why he can play all over the field. But how do people think he makes a better QB? When have you seen him throw consistenly down field? All he does is throw dump passes or keep it, which he may get 2-3 yards.

Our offense would be doing much better if we could run the ball more effectively. Getting only 2 yards on 1st down and then trying the same play again on 2nd down doesn't work.

As for our two losses we didn't make plays to win. Alabama Hartline did make a huge mistake that def gave Bama the advantage. But we come up with that fumble on the 2 yard line Bama doesn't score. South Carolina blocks a field goal that seals the win for them. That done it. Well that and their third string QB shredding our defense in the second half.

UK will be alright if we can keep from getting hurt. That's been a major problem for us all year. Florida is going to be a tough game. If we can come through that not hurt worse, I see a win at Miss St. Then I think we split at home with Georgia and Vandy. Go into Tenn and that's anyone's game.

Keep playing hard Cats!
good win cats. keep it up guys were behind ya!!
corndog23 Wrote:Ummm...Did we lose??? I could have swore we won the game today...

Yes, UK won, but everything I said is true. The offense has been terrible all year. We have a predictable offense, and only when Joker thought the game was lost, did he have Hartline air it out. I can even tell a difference in the defense, they are tired of staying on the field all the time. My biggest complaint on Hartline: he is 6'5" and half his passes are high. The fact is he has thrown 5 picks the last 3 games. That doesn't happen nearly as much if the passes aren't so high, they get tipped and picked. My complaints were on the coaching staff. Fourth and two, and throw a 1/2 yd pass. Don't say this is the most talent you've seen and then say they can't get the job done. And if Cobb is the best receiver, fine, play Hartline, but throw to him, and not just 2 yd. passes. The bottom line is, and most people will agree, is the play calling sucks. Play three yards and a cloud of dust, and you won't compete with the best teams in the SEC. And you won't get the best recruits. Why do you think Brooks recruiting has gotten better? They have run a wide open offense in the past, and kids like that. You think the 2 QB's we've got coming would committ to UK with the offense we are running this year. Pro prospects want to put up numbers. And as a fan, if the ticket prices and the K Fund keeps going up, then give us our money's worth.