Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 Week 4
Week :thumb: 4
Glad to see JC in there.. They are better than 10. .This team man handled a good LC team that almost beat Belfry.
i agree JC should be higher
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:i agree JC should be higher

I do too. They are a top 5 mountain team without question. I dont even think Leslie Co could beat them.
Fishing Wrote:I do too. They are a top 5 mountain team without question. I dont even think Leslie Co could beat them.

Johnson Central would beat Leslie County by a few TDs IMO....The Eagles are a team to look out for it seems. I would love to see them win the Region this year and they would be probable underdogs against Bell, Boyd and/or Ashland but if the Eagles get hot at the right time and play a great game they can go a long way this year in the playoffs.
Fishing Wrote:Glad to see JC in there.. They are better than 10. .This team man handled a good LC team that almost beat Belfry.

LC didn't have their starting QB, and had to move athlete Jason Spradlin to that position.
Do Jc and Leslie play?
...When is Lynn Camp going to get some respect...
Camper Wrote:...When is Lynn Camp going to get some respect...

I agree my friend, I agree. I also question the respect for Paintsville but they seem to be terrible in everyone's eyes. I've said it a million times before Lynn Camp belongs in before a lot of other teams including Paintsville. I'm starting too look over this Top 10. I agree it is hard to put all classes into one poll but teams such as Hazard hasn't proven much to me. Miliam and company refuse to drop them, and a team like Leslie although questionable was #1 last week but dropped because they didn't beat Grant Co. convincingly enough.
Why is south laurel still in it? didn't they get blasted 36-0 last week by southwestern?
i thought when you lost you got bumped out.. or atleast thats the way it used to be
Camper Wrote:Why is south laurel still in it? didn't they get blasted 36-0 last week by southwestern?
i thought when you lost you got bumped out.. or atleast thats the way it used to be

Not sure but I personally feel that South Laurel is a good team and belong in, no offense to your opinion at all.
MOJO Wrote:LC didn't have their starting QB, and had to move athlete Jason Spradlin to that position.
So is that the excuse now by some of the tiger followers? I seem to recall that when Lawrence played at Belfry this year and did so without the services of Mr. Spradlin and nearly came out of there with a win. What I'm trying to say is Lawrence has a good football team and it showed against Belfry when they didn't have the services off their best player Jason Spradlin for that game.
Golden Eagle Wrote:So is that the excuse now by some of the tiger followers? I seem to recall that when Lawrence played at Belfry this year and did so without the services of Mr. Spradlin and nearly came out of there with a win. What I'm trying to say is Lawrence has a good football team and it showed against Belfry when they didn't have the services off their best player Jason Spradlin for that game.

No excuses, but think about GE. Remember last year Music goes down and JC had to move one of their best players to QB for the last couple of games. It made a big difference at NL, I'm not taking anything away from JC because this was a big win for them. Congrats Coach Matney and his Eagles.
MOJO Wrote:No excuses, but think about GE. Remember last year Music goes down and JC had to move one of their best players to QB for the last couple of games. It made a big difference at NL, I'm not taking anything away from JC because this was a big win for them. Congrats Coach Matney and his Eagles.
Yeah I see what you mean.
interesting that leslie county would drop from #1 after a win the week they play bell county.

either wymt is trying to save face by dropping leslie county (which is were they belong) or they are trying to give leslie county some kind of extra motivation by moving bell county ahead of them.

either way i smell a rat and there little tricks aren't going to work.

we will still come out as the underdog in our minds.
Leslie County just has'nt played tough competition yet.

Lynn Camp & Grant County are the only two teams Leslie has faced with .500 winning percentage or above so far. If Leslie can go into Jackson and beat Breathitt in a few weeks, then they may raise some eyebrows.
BelfryPride Wrote:Leslie County just has'nt played tough competition yet.

Lynn Camp & Grant County are the only two teams Leslie has faced with .500 winning percentage or above so far. If Leslie can go into Jackson and beat Breathitt in a few weeks, then they may raise some eyebrows.
but they was #1 just last week and as long as I've been watching wymt they've never dropped anyone after a win.

i just find it odd that they would drop them and move bell county ahead of them the week of the game.
WYMT was looking ahead to this week and they were in a pickle.

They knew Bell County was the best team in the mountains, but they couldn't put them in the #1 spot because of the 2 losses. (to 2 very very good teams) But how will it look this week when Bell thumps Leslie and they had Leslie ranked #1 and Bell #3 or 4?

So they drop Leslie, saying their wins weren't impressive, and put Bell ahead of them in the 2 hole. That way when Bell thumps Leslie this week they won't look bad having their #3 team beating their #1 like a red headed step child.
Bat Masterson Wrote:WYMT was looking ahead to this week and they were in a pickle.

They knew Bell County was the best team in the mountains, but they couldn't put them in the #1 spot because of the 2 losses. (to 2 very very good teams) But how will it look this week when Bell thumps Leslie and they had Leslie ranked #1 and Bell #3 or 4?

So they drop Leslie, saying their wins weren't impressive, and put Bell ahead of them in the 2 hole. That way when Bell thumps Leslie this week they won't look bad having their #3 team beating their #1 like a red headed step child.

Be a mess though If Leslie wins.. I hope they do. I hope QM has a tim couch type of game.
Beef Wrote:Do Jc and Leslie play?

I don't think they do Beef, unless it's a non-district game.
still yet they shouldn't drop a team after a loss, that wasn't the way it used to be you earned your rank and kept it until you lost
Camper Wrote:still yet they shouldn't drop a team after a loss, that wasn't the way it used to be you earned your rank and kept it until you lost
Belfry has not lost to a mountain team since Breathitt County in the regional finals back in 2002..... should they not be the #1 team by this logic?

IMO, Bell County, with their record aside, is a better team than Leslie County. I see no problem in dorpping the Eagles who looked lackluster against a not so formidable, traditional doormat, Grant County team.
Camper Wrote:...When is Lynn Camp going to get some respect...
It will take a convincing win over a team like Harlan and a win over Somerset would do it....Lynn Camp isn't in this poll because of the blowout by Leslie County.