Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 19 Jenkins 8 (Jenkins was driving for the win)
late in the fourth and was picked off offed and retured for 100 yd td by phelps.. :eek:
Congrats to Phelps...they are winning the close district games so far and wanting that 4th spot in the playoffs.
Phelps will get the 4th spot IMO
torQQue Wrote:late in the fourth and was picked off offed and retured for 100 yd td by phelps.. :eek:
tough break for jenkins but phelps is showin they really want that 4th spot :rock:
Congratulations coach Haggerman!! This is a class coach with a bunch of great kid"s
with big heart"s and determination...
theres nothing like home cooking
torQQue Wrote:late in the fourth and was picked off offed and retured for 100 yd td by phelps.. :eek:
Had to be 99yd return.
HS ---can't run it from the end zone and the goal line is the plane of the end zone.
If it was allowed to be run "100yd" then it was an official mistake and should have been spotted on the 20yd line.
I was pulling for Jenkins in this one, but congradulations to the hornets keep it up.
Congrats to Phelps and best of luck to Jenkins in the rest of the season.
Phelps might make the playoffs this year if they continue like this.
congrats Phelps!
CBS Sports Wrote:Had to be 99yd return.
HS ---can't run it from the end zone and the goal line is the plane of the end zone.
If it was allowed to be run "100yd" then it was an official mistake and should have been spotted on the 20yd line.

WHat if he doenst down it. Its only a touch back if they take knee, right. I was under the impression you could bring it out of the endzone on an INT.
I don't think so in high school.....I know that you can't bring a kickoff/punt out if you catch it in the endzone. So I doubt you can with a INT eaither.
Beef Wrote:I don't think so in high school.....I know that you can't bring a kickoff/punt out if you catch it in the endzone. So I doubt you can with a INT eaither.

You may be right. I was just quoting what I heard on Sports overtime. BM said it was 100 yd INT return. But if thats the rule then CBS is right.