Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Tennis
No one really talks about Tennis hardly so if anyone knows anything.....

Who has been the best recently? This year?
salman jeelani, shikha sachdeava, and other people
^Brennan Alderman is right up there with Salman if not above him...
The Ville Wrote:^Brennan Alderman is right up there with Salman if not above him...

o yes. how could ive forogtten
Well for 2009, you have Nathan Martin from Lawrence Co. as the easy favorite to win the boys singles with Zach Hughes 2nd. I'd then say Alderman for 3rd. After that there are a few good players that will contend for 4th.

Girls should favor Kelsey Hughes as the girls singles.

Hard to say who will win the team championship this year. Morgan Co. would seem to be strong on the boys side.
lcc will be better. I heard that they got two lady transfers from JBS who won region last year. As for the boys, my top 3 will be 1)LEE 2)Hazard 3)LCC. Depends on who all comes out.
Yea Hayley Kincaide came to LCC from JBS I've played with her some and she owns me lol not that I'm any good or anything.......she should def. help LCC in the region.
The Ville Wrote:^Brennan Alderman is right up there with Salman if not above him...
Brennan Alderman is above Salman with 2 match victories this past summer. Alderman defeated Salman 6-1, 6-1 on June 7 at Berea and defeated Salman 6-0, 6-1 at Pikeville on Sept. 20. Actually, Salman Jeelani has never come close to beating Alderman in a tennis match. This is fact and not opinion. However, Salman is a good tennis player in his own right.
Well Brennan is a very good player but who is the guy going around and following him and telling about all his wins. But Salman does kind of have an upper hand on Brennan since he has a Regional Title and has gone to state more than Brennan. Also I dont think Brennan made State last year. This is fact not opinion.
Do any of you know anything about tennis??????????????? Singles and doubles are two entirely different games. Absolutely Martin will be #1 without question. Probably Hughes or Alderman #2. If we are talking about singles. If we are discussing doubles then there are a myriad of possible combinations that could be strong. Doubles traditionally involves the 3,4,5, and 6 players from a given team. So in no way can a comparison be made between the ability levels of the players in the different events. Sometimes going to the state tournament doesn't mean you are a better player it just means you played weaker competition. Don't wonder about who i am just look at the name and you will know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cya on the courts if you really wanna play!!!!!!

"It's all still just a ballgame.....LOL"
Well, you are still very wrong. Dont in anyway think Im putting singles or even Brennan Alderman or Zach Hughes down, they are the best players in our region. Playing Doubles still requires a lot skill, and if you knew anything about tennis, you would know that. For the fact being MR. Blackcat if you play doubles it doesnt mean ur the number 3, 4, 5, or 6 number on the team. Sometimes youve got to put ur pride away and play as a team and not as a single player. you got to do whats best for ur team. Oh yeah there's no "I" in team and from what ive heard Prestonsburg never ever has a team or better yet even a single player worth mentioning. I could understand if someone from Morgan or Lawrence could have said something like this, they actually have talent, but Prestonsburg, HAH, you guys are a joke!
I really didn't want to get involved in this discussion but lets just take a walk down memory lane. Do you remember Jeremy Clark? He was a Blackcat and 5 time singles regional champion. How about Brent Music? 2 time regional singles champion. What about Bobby Hamilton also a regional singles champion from Prestonsburg. What about Russell Music jr and Mark McGuire also regional champions from Prestonsburg. And these people won when Prestonsburg was still in the region with all of the Ashland Teams. Not the weak region that you guys are in now. Prestonsburg has also had several players go on to play at the next level. Clark-Louisville 9th in NCAA doubles senior year, Hamilton- EKU 2 time OVC honorable mention, B.Music-UK #4 seed, M. McGuire Translylvania.several girls have also played at the next level from Prestonsburg. How many have played at the next level from your school?????? If you will read Blackcat#1's previous post he was not bashing doubles but what he said was true. Traditionally but not always the weaker players participate in doubles at the tournament level. I know the entire history of Prestonsburg tennis because I am one of those regional champions discussed above and I have coached the program for 22 years now. The program may be down right now but it has been a powerhouse in the past. We have the regional champion team trophies to prove it. You are right about one thing though, there is no I in team. But there is an I in win and the two have to go together. You can't have a successful team without winning...............................

Call me if you want to play. I can come to Bob Amos most any time. My number is in the phone book....Smile I would enjoy that very much. I'm just coming off an injury so you might have a shot!!!!!!
15thregiontennis Wrote:Well Brennan is a very good player but who is the guy going around and following him and telling about all his wins. But Salman does kind of have an upper hand on Brennan since he has a Regional Title and has gone to state more than Brennan. Also I dont think Brennan made State last year. This is fact not opinion.
Salman you know who I am and I am like Coach H all you have to do is pick up the phone and call and I will let you know who the guy is following him. Give it a try. I don't go behind B and tell about his wins unless jokers like you try to act arrogant. I guess I was wrong by stating the facts about his wins against you. I should have let him do it or ignore your childishness completely. As far as bashing P'burg that is classless. I have many friends from P'burg and Bobby Hamilton is one of them and arguably one of the best tennis coaches along with Chad Williams and others in 15th. As far as making any more posts regarding your original post I won't. I will just wait til season starts and watch B kick your butt on the courts.
15thregiontennis Wrote:Well Brennan is a very good player but who is the guy going around and following him and telling about all his wins. But Salman does kind of have an upper hand on Brennan since he has a Regional Title and has gone to state more than Brennan. Also I dont think Brennan made State last year. This is fact not opinion.

You apparently know nothing about tennis except what is going on in Pike Co. In case you don't know, let me enlighten you, there is absolutely no possible way that Salman or Brennan will beat Nathan Martin from Lawrence Co. in singles. In fact, there is no way they could either one beat Zach Hughes from Paintsville either. So get over it. Whether Salman will win doubles I don't know. Depends on if he plays doubles in region. He might as well because the singles are already wrapped up this year because of Martin and Hughes and the way the seeding and team totals work.

As for the Brennan and Salman matchup, Brennan is the better player by far in singles. Neither player has a singles title in regional play so no Salman does not have an upper hand as you suggest. Salman may be a great doubles player, but were talking singles here.

As for P-burg, those type of comments are harsh. They are down right now, but have had much success in the past. And in singles, there is an "I" that is important because it can get you to state, even when your team may not be able to do so.

If you don't want to believe me, just sit back and watch this year and we'll see who ends up going to state in singles!
I would actually like to apologize to the players and coaches from prestonsburg who's feelings I may have hurt but as a former player I didn't like the way blackcat said doubles was very weak. Yes but I know p-burg tennis history u may have had some of the states greatest tennis players cme from there. But about this year nathan martin and Hughes should take singles by storm. Yet again I would like to apologize.
EKY Sportster Wrote:You apparently know nothing about tennis except what is going on in Pike Co. In case you don't know, let me enlighten you, there is absolutely no possible way that Salman or Brennan will beat Nathan Martin from Lawrence Co. in singles. In fact, there is no way they could either one beat Zach Hughes from Paintsville either. So get over it. Whether Salman will win doubles I don't know. Depends on if he plays doubles in region. He might as well because the singles are already wrapped up this year because of Martin and Hughes and the way the seeding and team totals work.

As for the Brennan and Salman matchup, Brennan is the better player by far in singles. Neither player has a singles title in regional play so no Salman does not have an upper hand as you suggest. Salman may be a great doubles player, but were talking singles here.

As for P-burg, those type of comments are harsh. They are down right now, but have had much success in the past. And in singles, there is an "I" that is important because it can get you to state, even when your team may not be able to do so.

If you don't want to believe me, just sit back and watch this year and we'll see who ends up going to state in singles!
You sound pretty confident about that. Talk is cheap. By the way, how is the soccer going this year at Paintsville. Have you been hitting any tennis at Archer Park lately? How about on a Sunday afternoon?
EKY Sportster Wrote:You apparently know nothing about tennis except what is going on in Pike Co. In case you don't know, let me enlighten you, there is absolutely no possible way that Salman or Brennan will beat Nathan Martin from Lawrence Co. in singles. In fact, there is no way they could either one beat Zach Hughes from Paintsville either. So get over it. Whether Salman will win doubles I don't know. Depends on if he plays doubles in region. He might as well because the singles are already wrapped up this year because of Martin and Hughes and the way the seeding and team totals work.

In fact, let me enlighten you that anything can happen in the game of tennis. i do agree that nobody will upset martin but hughes is another story. morgan county, johnson central, and pikeville have great players that could and will contend for the number 2 spot in the regional tournament. And yes, lets all just sit back and see who ends up going to state this year! Remember, we're talking singles. Smile
anonymous1 Wrote:In fact, let me enlighten you that anything can happen in the game of tennis. i do agree that nobody will upset martin but hughes is another story. morgan county, johnson central, and pikeville have great players that could and will contend for the number 2 spot in the regional tournament. And yes, lets all just sit back and see who ends up going to state this year! Remember, we're talking singles. Smile
I agree. Johnson Central's tennis team will be really good. Cody Marcum, Heath Ward, and Jared Fyffe Caudil are very good players and they are class acts. Morgan County has some very good players in Parker May and others who could very easily be a one or two seed on that team. Again those kids are great people too. Pikeville has Brennan Alderman who is a class act and they have Salman Jeelani. With Martin, Queen, Hughes, Alderman, Jeelani, Marcum, Ward, Fyffe Caudill, and May this region may be stronger than the Ashland region. Tanner Queen is a new addition to the Lawrence County team. Is he going to get to play this year? If so, Lawrence it would look like they would be favorites to win the region.
This region will be stronger than the Ashland region with or without queen although it would add some extra competition to the already competitive 15th. it is shaping up to look like a very good year.
tennisfan Wrote:I agree. Johnson Central's tennis team will be really good. Cody Marcum, Heath Ward, and Jared Fyffe Caudil are very good players and they are class acts. Morgan County has some very good players in Parker May and others who could very easily be a one or two seed on that team. Again those kids are great people too. Pikeville has Brennan Alderman who is a class act and they have Salman Jeelani. With Martin, Queen, Hughes, Alderman, Jeelani, Marcum, Ward, Fyffe Caudill, and May this region may be stronger than the Ashland region. Tanner Queen is a new addition to the Lawrence County team. Is he going to get to play this year? If so, Lawrence it would look like they would be favorites to win the region.

The 15th Region is for sure stronger than the 16th Region this year, and probably was last year. As Coach H said, there has been some tremendous talent come out of the 15th!!!!! If you live and play in the 15th and want to be a good tennis player, you must be dedicated to the game. If you are dedicated you will succeed on the court!!!!!!!
Well Coach H, this is Salman. Im not an idiot who thinks Im awesome at tennis by any means or even good. I just play. I didnt write anything about Brennan and why would I. I think ur crazy if u think I would do that. as for tennis this year Brennan seems like he can take Zack. And dont You think 15th region tennis is me cause I found out this was a website last week and I wouldnt brag on myself.
Kelsey Hughes
Any other ones coming out this year at LCC that will be new?
Sjellani55 (salmon)

Nowhere In My Post Do I Mention You Or Even Your School. The Person I Am Addressing Said He Was A Past Member Of His Team Which Will Explicitly Rule You Out Since You Are A Current Team Member Of The Pikeville High Tennis Team....my Post was addressing Him. Yes I Guess I Am A Little Crazy........but Rest Assured If I Thought It Was You I Would Have Mentioned You By Name As Others Have Done In Their Posts. I have no problem with anyone. Everybody has a right to their own opinion. That is a founding belief this great country.

Now on to more important issues: I Believe This Will Be One Of The Best Seasons ever for Tennis in The 15th Region. There Are Many Strong Players From Jchs, Lawrence, Paintsville, Pikeville. Morgan And Maybe A Suprise Here And There. So Folks Sit Back Relax And Enjoy The Competition This Year It Should Be A Blast. By The Way For Those Interested The Prestonsburg Team Has A New Coach. I Have Stepped Down To Pursue Other Ventures. 22 Years Is A Long Time To Coach And I Guess I'm Just Tired. Now I Will Have Some Time To Play More And Maybe Get To Go And See Some Other Teams Play....good Luck To All This Season
Big Grin Smile Wink
coach h Im sorry I meant to witw that to livestronger but not to you.
Sorry coach h I accidently wrote your name rather than livestronger
I think Craig Cooley and Jackson Osbourne will do much better than people expect in doubles..Thier going to state..
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:I think Craig Cooley and Jackson Osbourne will do much better than people expect in doubles..Thier going to state..

HAHAHA:thatsfunn
Johnson Central is a top dog in going to state as a team, even to Morgan County... The eagles had only a 6th seed senior and lost it as a team to the cougars just by a point I believe... Great regional champs dubs. team coming back and last years 5th ranked singles player in the region.
Mr. Mister ur quite rite..i believe that JC has a very good chance this yr...and plus their top 5 seeds are still young..good choice Mr. Mister....:Thumbs: