Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appalachia Not Fond of Obama
This article kinda goes along the same lines as the "Too ignorant to vote" thread. While the views of this article are a direct link to how many voters feel about Obama in our area, quotes used in the article referring to blacks sure don't help the image of this area one bit.

It's an interesting read. Just think about how folks reading this thousands of miles away see this area with the quotes and such.

I found this link on drudgereport btw.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-...5182.story

Here's a question. How many other places besides the coal fields of Appalachia see Obama this way or raise these kind of questions? Is this a common theme in heartland "red" states?
Ignorant quotes like this sure don't help the image of the area:

Ben Bailey, 32, noted that Obama's middle name is Hussein, "and we know what that means."

Along with the guy who says that in the Bible it says you can't vote for a Black man.

As hard of a pill that it is to swallow, some of the stereotypes of this area are still deserved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well i will vote for a black man.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Ignorant quotes like this sure don't help the image of the area:

Ben Bailey, 32, noted that Obama's middle name is Hussein, "and we know what that means."

Along with the guy who says that in the Bible it says you can't vote for a Black man.

As hard of a pill that it is to swallow, some of the stereotypes of this area are still deserved.
People who make statements like that are the ones whose right to vote should be taken away.

If you're gonna practice racism and the like in the ballot box you don't deserve the privilege.
You could find people from anywhere in the country who would make the same statements.
Of course its not racism if black people vote for a black man because he is black? Major double standard going on these days.
Beetle01 Wrote:You could find people from anywhere in the country who would make the same statements.
All that means is there are idiots all over the country, and we know that's true!
Beetle01 Wrote:Of course its not racism if black people vote for a black man because he is black? Major double standard going on these days.
It is racism but a different kind.

One comes from hope and unity.

The other from hate and fear.
Oh geesh, please don't get me started on those people, haha.

DevilsWin Wrote:It is racism but a different kind.

So there's good racism and bad racism now? Funniest post I have seen in awhile.Smile
jetpilot Wrote:So there's good racism and bad racism now? Funniest post I have seen in awhile.Smile

Good racism is the kind that supports whoever or whatever DW supports. Bad racism is the kind he can use against his political opponents.
jetpilot Wrote:So there's good racism and bad racism now? Funniest post I have seen in awhile.Smile
I never said there was any good racism. Come on now?Smile
Beetle01 Wrote:Good racism is the kind that supports whoever or whatever DW supports. Bad racism is the kind he can use against his political opponents.
I'm glad you're starting to get it. LOLBig Grin

He never used the word "good" he said "different."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:He never used the word "good" he said "different."

My bad. A racism "from hope and unity" is still hilarious.
DevilsWin Wrote:It is racism but a different kind.

All racism comes from hate and fear. I work every day with racism. I know alot of people who would vote for Obama just because he is not white. Alot of them would vote for him because they think he is a muslim as well. Even though we all know he is not. Its all about perception. By the way the people i am talking about can not vote and will never vote again.
Matman Wrote:All racism comes from hate and fear. I work every day with racism. I know alot of people who would vote for Obama just because he is not white. Alot of them would vote for him because they think he is a muslim as well. Even though we all know he is not. Its all about perception. By the way the people i am talking about can not vote and will never vote again.
So how is life in Cell Block #9? LOL
DevilsWin Wrote:So how is life in Cell Block #9? LOL

You should og visit the prisoners DW, you all can discuss how great Obama is. Just don't get to close.

If we're lucky maybe Matman will accidentally get you locked in there Wink
Beetle01 Wrote:You should og visit the prisoners DW, you all can discuss how great Obama is. Just don't get to close.

If we're lucky maybe Matman will accidentally get you locked in there Wink
You mean, if you're lucky! LOL

Hey maybe Me and Obama can go for a visit and both get locked up!Big Grin