Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 55 - Paintsville 7
classy tiger Wrote:Cool

Let the administrations make their decision about the Apple Bowl and let it be.
Maybe there is more to it than we know about. You should support your school when you are playing the cross town rivalry but when you are not you should support each other! Everytime that Paintsville has been at Rupp, I see lots of JC fans ( I hope that they are supporting us) We do all need to support each other. And, yes, JC's athletic programs are making progress but I don't think that you can down Paintsville's athletic programs because they have always been strong whether it be young or old coaches. A RIVALRY IS GOOD but lets get on with the season!!!

Nobody downed Paintsvilles team. They are "downing" administrators decision to "maybe" ending the Apple Bowl.Big Grin
Well, things are tough right now for the Tigers, just as it once was for the Eagles. No doubt that JC has the upper hand. But why would anyone want to end the Apple Bowl! It is a county-wide tradition. It benefits JC in that they want to tie the series record and it benefits Paintsville financially. But who knows how it will come out in the future. If Matney doesn't stay at JC for several more years and when Paintsville gets their program back up to par, then things may swing the Tigers way. I think that I read that Ashland had lost 19 straight to Ironton in their very old rivalry that goes back several decades. But you don't see them stopping that series.. It is a money maker and has tradition. I hope that both JC and Paintsville keep it going regardless of the series record or the win streaks of either school. No it doesn't benefit either team in the playoff realm, but it provides the county with a great kick start to the Apple Festival just as it has for many years.

JMO, but I will say this - I think that the JC Admin wants to take the series lead at all costs and I think that the Paintsville Admin would rather see it go away because they only play it for the money now. No wonder they would rather bring in other teams and have two Apple Bowls. Because of this, the game has lost some of its luster. I look for the game to go on at least until JC takes the series lead and then I wouldn't be surprised to see both schools agree to cancel it. Unfortunate if that ever happens!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well, things are tough right now for the Tigers, just as it once was for the Eagles. No doubt that JC has the upper hand. But why would anyone want to end the Apple Bowl! It is a county-wide tradition. It benefits JC in that they want to tie the series record and it benefits Paintsville financially. But who knows how it will come out in the future. If Matney doesn't stay at JC for several more years and when Paintsville gets their program back up to par, then things may swing the Tigers way. I think that I read that Ashland had lost 19 straight to Ironton in their very old rivalry that goes back several decades. But you don't see them stopping that series.. It is a money maker and has tradition. I hope that both JC and Paintsville keep it going regardless of the series record or the win streaks of either school. No it doesn't benefit either team in the playoff realm, but it provides the county with a great kick start to the Apple Festival just as it has for many years.

JMO, but I will say this - I think that the JC Admin wants to take the series lead at all costs and I think that the Paintsville Admin would rather see it go away because they only play it for the money now. No wonder they would rather bring in other teams and have two Apple Bowls. Because of this, the game has lost some of its luster. I look for the game to go on at least until JC takes the series lead and then I wouldn't be surprised to see both schools agree to cancel it. Unfortunate if that ever happens!

Well Said