Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Golf Dynasty
The Pikeville Golf Boys varsity won their 3rd KHSAA 11th Region Title, on 09/30/08. The Region was held at Raven Rock Golf Course at Jenkins,Ky. This is another threepeat for the Panthers. They also won their 3rd consecutive Touchstone Energy 15th Region All A title earlier this year.

Three of the Panthers have played on all 6 Regional title teams.
J.P. Newsome
Casey Castle
Mac Fain

How many players of any sport can say they have accomplished something like that? Congratulations, and good luck at state. :Clap:
Haven't you already posted a thread on this?
no. I have not.
Congrats, but what kind of competition do they have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And maybe I don't know enough about golf, but how is Pikeville competing in the 15th Region and the 11th Region?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fairwayking Wrote:no. I have not.

yes you did, the Pikeville 3-peats one

and I dont think so CE. If they do i haven't heard of it
Yes, I did post the Pikeville Threepeats post. That post was for the All A Regional. This post is about the Khsaa Regional.
In golf there are 12 Khsaa Regions. In the Touchstone Energy All A, there are 15 Regions.

This post is about winning the Khsaa 11th Region title three years in a row. This region has about 24 golf teams in it . To be honest about it, it is a 2 team race. Usually, Johnson Central or Pikeville wins it. Lately, its been the Panthers. Both of these teams play alot of tournaments down state thru the year and they hold their own against the best in the state. I know for a fact that right now Pikeville has 2 Ncaa D-1 prospects, and Johnson Central has one. These three playes are well known in the state golf circles as very good competitors.
fairwayking Wrote:Yes, I did post the Pikeville Threepeats post. That post was for the All A Regional. This post is about the Khsaa Regional.
In golf there are 12 Khsaa Regions. In the Touchstone Energy All A, there are 15 Regions.

This post is about winning the Khsaa 11th Region title three years in a row. This region has about 24 golf teams in it . To be honest about it, it is a 2 team race. Usually, Johnson Central or Pikeville wins it. Lately, its been the Panthers. Both of these teams play alot of tournaments down state thru the year and they hold their own against the best in the state. I know for a fact that right now Pikeville has 2 Ncaa D-1 prospects, and Johnson Central has one. These three playes are well known in the state golf circles as very good competitors.

Let me guess, Pikeville's are Casey Castle and Will Branham (Senior and Freshmen)
If...Then Wrote:Let me guess, Pikeville's are Casey Castle and Will Branham (Senior and Freshmen)
No. No. And No. J.P. Newsome would be the other, not Branham.
Impressive. Last i heard J.P was like 4 man

Congrats and good luck Casey and J.P
If...Then Wrote:Impressive. Last i heard J.P was like 4 man

Congrats and good luck Casey and J.P

He won region and finished 2nd at all a state ?
Panther Thunder Wrote:No. No. And No. J.P. Newsome would be the other, not Branham.

Branham will be one of the top 5 golfers in the state when he's a senior.
I really don't know about any of those golfers being a D-1 player on that level or playing at a big time golf program. Has any of them had a good showing at the state tournament or has any of them made the all-state team in their high school years? With a good showing this year at the state, should help them for the all state team. I'm not saying that their not good enough but alot of D-1 college coaches really look at how they perform on the junior tours, how they perform at the high school level and the competition they compete against. Such as: AJGA, Musselman Dunne and at the state level.
I hope all three takes their game to the next level but I don't see them going to a really big D-1 golf program.
Jp has played AJGA. But I don't know how well he has done in those tournaments.
Castle was the Pepsi Junior Golf Tour Gatorade Masters Division Player of the Year.
Whitaker from Johnson Central play AJGA Events. Again I really don't know how well he played.
Both Castle and Whitaker have offers from the same school, and are considering going there together.
Panther Thunder Wrote:He won region and finished 2nd at all a state ?

JP won the 11th region but did not finish 2nd at All A state.
pikeville finished 3rd in the All A state. Castle was had their best finish. He came in 6th.
Cudos to the Panther Golf team. Look for great play again next year
I agree. Young Will is on the way to a stellar career in golf. Great young student/athlete.
Guys im sorry to say but i think Paintsville will win regions next year.
No way paintsville wins the region next year...i no for a fact they didnt even have a chance in there own tourny..is it true a boy from Powell hit a HOLE IN ONE on the 12th??
Pikeville did great at golf this year!