Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS Volleyball 2008
Seems to me not their best season ever. Any comments. They seem to have lost several key regional games.
I watched LCC basicly dismantle them the other night in Johnson Co. it was there senior night and they played like they didn't give a **** whether they won or not it was pretty disapointing and a far cry from previous teams.
Yes it seems like they have lost their will to win.
Kyboy13 Wrote:I watched LCC basicly dismantle them the other night in Johnson Co. it was there senior night and they played like they didn't give a **** whether they won or not it was pretty disapointing and a far cry from previous teams.

There are some that still give it their all, but when they are busting their butts and no one seems to be there to back them up....then they just get disappointed. So what do you do. It takes a whole team to win a game!!! This team has loads of talent...I could go on and on!!
Yes, there are several excellent players on this team. And no they can not carry the whole team. I feel the best players are not used to the teams advantage. Too many subs of the key players. Subs with too little experience.
I also saw how they subbed in players at not the best times. The starters would get an advantage on the other team and they would take them out. A let down for the girls. I still feel they will win their district but not fair very well after that. Alot of talent but not used well.
sounds to me like there sould be a coching change........keep in mind I'm basing this on only two games and one was preseason.........It was weird i watched them warm up and thought wow this should be a good game, and the crowd seemed to be realy into the game then JC came out as flat as possible. The only place I can see to place the blame is on the coaching JMO.
the coach was red carded at belfry
Kyboy13 Wrote:sounds to me like there sould be a coching change........keep in mind I'm basing this on only two games and one was preseason.........It was weird i watched them warm up and thought wow this should be a good game, and the crowd seemed to be realy into the game then JC came out as flat as possible. The only place I can see to place the blame is on the coaching JMO.

I happen to agree with you 100%. Same staff since VB started in JC. Need some changes.
JCHS is losing 5 seniors this year. One has been sidelined due to injuries. But the other 4 are key players. I don't see them having a great season for a few years to come. Especially as the team is now.
Yes, losing Conley #10 and Trimble will be hard to replace.
Not sure, but hasn't JC had a lot of success with volleyball teams under these coaches? And I disagree, loads of young talent on JC's team.
This is taking nothing away from the players. But, outside of their district they have won 3 games and lost 14 games. Doesn't this say something. The girls are talented. Their rotation is stupid.
ATVrider Wrote:This is taking nothing away from the players. But, outside of their district they have won 3 games and lost 14 games. Doesn't this say something. The girls are talented. Their rotation is stupid.

This team has great talent. There is no reason that they have lost this many games. I have watched them play a couple of times and they are much better than they perform. Maybe there is trouble within....you know how dramatic girls can be. But, I see no reason that they haven't won more region games.
ambassador Wrote:Not sure, but hasn't JC had a lot of success with volleyball teams under these coaches? And I disagree, loads of young talent on JC's team.

You are right about the young talent... seems like the coach only sees the younger gals they have forgotten that the juniors and seniors are just as talented and have given many faithful years.
ambassador Wrote:Not sure, but hasn't JC had a lot of success with volleyball teams under these coaches? And I disagree, loads of young talent on JC's team.

I do agree there is some talent on JC's team. But not enough to fill all the positions. The coaches have had success but they don't seem to get any farther as the years progress.
ATVrider Wrote:I do agree there is some talent on JC's team. But not enough to fill all the positions. The coaches have had success but they don't seem to get any farther as the years progress.

So you are saying that JC doesn't have 6 talented players that could play as a team and win ballgames?? I find that hard to believe!!
The 3 seniors that JC is losing will be hard to replace.
ATVrider Wrote:This is taking nothing away from the players. But, outside of their district they have won 3 games and lost 14 games. Doesn't this say something. The girls are talented. Their rotation is stupid.

I believe that JC's rotation last night was what you were hoping for ATVrider.
AmazingFan Wrote:I believe that JC's rotation last night was what you were hoping for ATVrider.

So do you think JC would have been more successful with this rotation if they had used it all year?
I really enjoyed watching the team play last night. The first game they really clicked together. After the officials called the crowd down JC seemed to lose steam. They are a high energy team. They need the crowd. Hated to see JC lose. I will miss watching this group of seniors. Good luck girls in all you do.