Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Belfry -48 Magoffin -15
Belfry had their JV in before the half.

Way to go Pirates !!!

Bring on the Pikeville Panthers !!!! :fight:
im proud of the hornets we tried our hardest out there and we scored on u all for the first time in 3 years
Congratulations Pirates
ttt
ttt
Congrats Pirates!
Congrats to the Pirates...Good luck to Magoffin County. There seems to be more interest in the Magoffin County Football Program than I can remember in a while....I think they can become a competitive team on a yearly basis with a lot of community support and good coaching. As far as Belfry, good luck the rest of the season...just not too much next week...then I hope you guys win every game. Looks like it is going to be another fall of rooting on the Panthers and Pirates deep into the playoffs.
yep jv and freshman came in about midway of the second qtr. not much inthe way of stats other than matt maynard, dustin may, and corey chapman all broke long runs and aaron chapman had a nice td catch. magoffin does have some good lookin athletes...good luck the rest of the way guys!
hey mr incredible we will be your favorite team the 30th Tongue
FATMAN Wrote:hey mr incredible we will be your favorite team the 30th Tongue

yes indeed you guys sure will be.......i will be the biggest magoffin fan in the state that night!! :thumb: :rock: :bow:
lol we need all the support we can get
Didn't expect it to be this close but I'm sure Belfry played the 2nd an 3rd string a lot. Show Pikeville how good you really are next week!
Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates.
Best of luck to Magoffin in the rest of the season.
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:yes indeed you guys sure will be.......i will be the biggest magoffin fan in the state that night!! :thumb: :rock: :bow:
:lol: Smile :dance:
Hey I have never seen so many players in my life, Belfry had enough to make three or four teams, lol.

My hand got tired after the game with all the handshakes, but man Belfry has some of the best sportsman I have ever seen. Good Luck Pirates.
Please don't take this as me trying to be rude or cute, but has the AD @ Magoffin thought about putting the Hornets in independent play.

Honestly, the district play isn't working out too well for them right now. They need to get some wins over equal teams in order to build their program back up to what it once was. A hiatus from district play would allow them to do so. Just my opinion though.
I totally agree HG, The Hornets need to look around for some teams they can compete with.
The Cheem Wrote:I totally agree HG, The Hornets need to look around for some teams they can compete with.

Doesn't seem like the worst idea, does it?
I dont think getting out of dist play is the answer. Last yr Mag defeated East Ridge and Pike Central and there is no talk of them playing leaving the Dist. Lets see how everything goes the rest of the season. You have to remember there are not many teams in 2A or in any other district that could play with Belfry or Prestonsburg the last 3 yrs.
eingram003 Wrote:My hand got tired after the game with all the handshakes

:thumb: and i was horse after saying good game and good luck
HappyGilmore Wrote:Please don't take this as me trying to be rude or cute, but has the AD @ Magoffin thought about putting the Hornets in independent play.

Honestly, the district play isn't working out too well for them right now. They need to get some wins over equal teams in order to build their program back up to what it once was. A hiatus from district play would allow them to do so. Just my opinion though.

I made that suggestion and I was blew off and was told what good would that do. This boys would do great if the school would give them the stuff they needed to get ready, to make a great team.
eingram003 Wrote:I made that suggestion and I was blew off and was told what good would that do. This boys would do great if the school would give them the stuff they needed to get ready, to make a great team.

How would they go about doing it though eingram? Would they have to submit a letter to KHSAA?
christv Wrote:How would they go about doing it though eingram? Would they have to submit a letter to KHSAA?

I don't know, but now that you asked, I think I'll find and let you know.
eingram003 Wrote:I don't know, but now that you asked, I think I'll find and let you know.

thanks man,, :thumb:
christv Wrote:thanks man,, :thumb:

No Prob. Big Grin