Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama - 17 Kentucky 14
I think this will be a totally different Offense with Cobb coming back... Not only will it give them some uptempo mix at QB but also another receiver to free up Lyons more.
Well at least blackcat agrees with me. Locke is way better than Dixon and they really need Cobb back because he is better on his worst day than Hartline is at his best(although his best has yet to be seen). Brooks is an idiot because as I said before he put Seiber in to make the onside kick, that was a big time bonehead move. Just to let ya know tideshoss, im not much of a UK basketball fan either, not as long as Gillispie is there.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, from a fan on the winning side, Ill say this, and I dont mean to step on anybodys toes. For one, Kentucky played the 2nd ranked team in the country on the road, and came up 3 points short, and the fans are irate. You Kentucky fans need to realize where you are at, from where you came from. Get off of Brooks' and Hartlines back. You are 4-1, your defense is absolutely for real (even though you gave up 300 yards rushing), and a break here and there, youve defeated the second ranked team in the country...what is the problem with Kentucky fans?? Do you not realize that your team is 20-11 in your last 31 games (compared to 18-13 to your beloved basketball team)?? Do you forget the 3-8 and 2-9 teams, getting blown out by OHIO? Do you forget being everybodys homecoming or senior night game? Kentucky is a **** good football team, and Ill admit they are much better than I thought they were. Bama looked good running the ball, couldnt capitalize when we should have, the kicking game looked horrible (which was one of my worries before the season started), and we were very fortunate to win this game. Coach Brooks and a **** gutsy Kentucky football team is on the right track. The offense will come around, but the defense is already there. Kudos to my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide for winning a tough slugfest, and Kudos to the University of Kentucky, for giving my Tide everything they wanted. Some (and I emphasize SOME, because I know a million loyal UK fans) Kentucky fans need to remember how bad things USED to be, and how great things are now. If the media didnt have a fascination with the Pac 10, putting some unworthy teams in the top 25, UK would have been ranked all season, and in my honest humble opinion, should be ranked somewhere around 22nd or so....but again, congrats UK on a hard fought game. And congrats to my Tide. ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIDDEEEEE!!!!

I agree with a lot said there but Kentucky fans expect more out of there offense because most of us know that they are capable of doing better than what they are.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree with a lot said there but Kentucky fans expect more out of there offense because most of us know that they are capable of doing better than what they are.
No they aren't. They are doing about as well as could be expected. Inexperienced QB learning the ropes. Inexperienced recievers learning the ropes. Inexperienced running backs learning the ropes. The biggest let down has been with the line. They don't run block well, they don't pass block well. They are struggling to say the least. I don't think anybody really expected this offense, after losing so much talent to graduation, to do any more than what they have done. And if you are one of these people who think UK should be passing for 300 yards a game and running for another 150, you need to check back into planet earth.
FBALL Wrote:No they aren't. They are doing about as well as could be expected. Inexperienced QB learning the ropes. Inexperienced recievers learning the ropes. Inexperienced running backs learning the ropes. The biggest let down has been with the line. They don't run block well, they don't pass block well. They are struggling to say the least. I don't think anybody really expected this offense, after losing so much talent to graduation, to do any more than what they have done. And if you are one of these people who think UK should be passing for 300 yards a game and running for another 150, you need to check back into planet earth.

Your right about the passing but everyone expected us to be a smashmouth football team this year. Returning over 1000 yards of rushing from last season I see why people expected this of us. Our line & our backs were supposed to be the strong point of our offense and if you read all pre-season previews you would have seen that.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Your right about the passing but everyone expected us to be a smashmouth football team this year. Returning over 1000 yards of rushing from last season I see why people expected this of us. Our line & our backs were supposed to be the strong point of our offense and if you read all pre-season previews you would have seen that.

I read them. But you don't go from being a spread team to a smashmouth team just like that.

Dixon, Locke, Smith. None are power backs. Dixon is steady when he doesn't have fumblitis. Locke can be spectacular in the open field but he is not going to break many tackles. Smith has speed to get to the cornor but is not a tough between the tackles kind of guy. Allen can be a power back but doesn't really have that burst from the start to get past penetration from the defense.

This brings us to the line. Last season this group had Woodson get them in the best play possible at the line of scrimmage. I like Hartline but he's not ready to do that.
The experience at the skill positions made that easier to do last year not to mention the talent that sometimes made unbelievable plays.

The line got used to quick screens and slants and defenses being spread all over the field. To expect them to go to dominating a loaded box and defense focussed on stopping the run was pretty naive IMO.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, from a fan on the winning side, Ill say this, and I dont mean to step on anybodys toes. For one, Kentucky played the 2nd ranked team in the country on the road, and came up 3 points short, and the fans are irate. You Kentucky fans need to realize where you are at, from where you came from. Get off of Brooks' and Hartlines back. You are 4-1, your defense is absolutely for real (even though you gave up 300 yards rushing), and a break here and there, youve defeated the second ranked team in the country...what is the problem with Kentucky fans?? Do you not realize that your team is 20-11 in your last 31 games (compared to 18-13 to your beloved basketball team)?? Do you forget the 3-8 and 2-9 teams, getting blown out by OHIO? Do you forget being everybodys homecoming or senior night game? Kentucky is a **** good football team, and Ill admit they are much better than I thought they were. Bama looked good running the ball, couldnt capitalize when we should have, the kicking game looked horrible (which was one of my worries before the season started), and we were very fortunate to win this game. Coach Brooks and a **** gutsy Kentucky football team is on the right track. The offense will come around, but the defense is already there. Kudos to my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide for winning a tough slugfest, and Kudos to the University of Kentucky, for giving my Tide everything they wanted. Some (and I emphasize SOME, because I know a million loyal UK fans) Kentucky fans need to remember how bad things USED to be, and how great things are now. If the media didnt have a fascination with the Pac 10, putting some unworthy teams in the top 25, UK would have been ranked all season, and in my honest humble opinion, should be ranked somewhere around 22nd or so....but again, congrats UK on a hard fought game. And congrats to my Tide. ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIDDEEEEE!!!!

I remember that game, and back then u can get a ticket to any game u want to go to easy. and now that they are winning, you can;t find any tickets. If you are a true fan. no matter if your team is winning or losing you are for them.
Being a die hard UK fan, and remembering (not by choice) those 2 and 3-win seasons, thank you! It's nice to know that other people are taking notice of the hard work Rich Brooks and his staff have out in in rebuilding this program to where it is now, after everything it went through. I usually don't pull for anyone else in the SEC except UK, but I guess it couldn't hurt to pull for the Tide a time or 2. Big Grin

Thanks again for your comments! I really get upset when people are quick to judge based on what UK has done in the last 2 YEARS, when they were so bad for DECADES! UK fans are spoiled because of the recent success, and the national media think it was a fluke and Brooks & Co. can't keep it up!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:The UK offense is terrible under Hartline. I dont think the O-Line is as bad as some say, its Hartline that makes them look bad. He looks completely clueless sometimes and cant throw a football at all. Dixon should not be starting, it should be Locke and I have wondered the whole season why Boyd hasnt been playing. We need Cobb back badly, but I believe that even if he was back he wouldnt play as much as Hartline because Brooks is an idiot. Besides Locke, Lyons and Randall Cobb, the defense is the best part of this team. Thre were some bad no calls like the holding on the Coffee td, but it was Hartline and this putrid offense that lost this game. If I hear of anyone else saying that Hartline is doing a good job, im going to go off, hes horrible, they should send him back to Ohio where he came from and the same goes for Seiber, but that bonehead play at the end with him doing the onside kick is credited to only one person, Rich Brooks. I have said for a long time that he was a horrible coach. The man has a losing record for his career, doesnt that tell people anything, he doesnt know what the **** he is doing.

This is a horrible post. This man has made kentucky become a football school!
cougarman0803 Wrote:i also thought that bama was way over-rated just because of the georgia win.
Very True!
This was one of the best games I've seen UK play in awhile.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Spartan4Life Wrote:This was one of the best games I've seen UK play in awhile.
Just think when they start hitting on all cylinders. They will start to domninate the Eastern half of the SEC within this decade. Recruiting has already started to boost!!!

:Thumbs:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Nice post, TidesHoss. I can't believe that some of you think you know football. Blaming Hartline? I'll admit, I had my doubts, but he has improved every game. He has to have time to throw the ball. I have had season tickets for a while, and I remember when Woodson was a sophomore, he was not very good at all. He really struggled. This was Hartline's 5th start, on the road, in front of 92,000 people to the #2 team in the country. Give Woodson the receivers that Hartline has, and you would see an average quarterback. The fact is, the offense is young and inexperienced. Give them time and be glad that they can compete with the best in the country. I know I was encouraged by their effort and I will be there Saturday to cheer them on against SC. This is the best three year span of football we have had in a long time. Enjoy it and give them the credit they deserve. Would you rather have Mumme and his 79-20 losses? Not me. I was the biggest Brooks basher there was for a couple years, but I admit, he has turned this thing aroung. He apparently is a heckuva coach. Go Cats, hang a loss on the ole ball coach Saturday!!!!!!!!!
People, you can't heap all the blame on Hartline. I don't think there are many QB's in the country that would look good with the offensive line play UK has gotten. I mean, combine the injuries with inconsistent effort and you get a mess.

It doesn't matter whether UK runs or passes right now. If they run, there just isn't a hole. If they pass, Hartline gets pressured. And on that rare occasion when he gets time to throw, the receiver drops the ball.

Anyway, props to the defense. They have been as good as advertised and then some. They gave us a chance to beat the #2 team on their home turf, and they will keep us in every game this year. UK will NOT get blown out by anybody.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:People, you can't heap all the blame on Hartline. I don't think there are many QB's in the country that would look good with the offensive line play UK has gotten. I mean, combine the injuries with inconsistent effort and you get a mess.

It doesn't matter whether UK runs or passes right now. If they run, there just isn't a hole. If they pass, Hartline gets pressured. And on that rare occasion when he gets time to throw, the receiver drops the ball.

Anyway, props to the defense. They have been as good as advertised and then some. They gave us a chance to beat the #2 team on their home turf, and they will keep us in every game this year. UK will NOT get blown out by anybody.
According to most national media outlets, UKs defense will keep them in every game they play. This game against Bama, IMO, was the toughest game of the season. They showed they can play with the best, and with Georgia and Vandy at home, a below average Tennessee team, and a Florida team who has already lost home, this team could win a lot of games!
I almost got the score right, just a FG and a TD away...lol
I'd like to say i was at the game and the atomsphere was incredible. They was more UK fans than I expected. Some Bama fans are ignorant, they really are but not all of them. I was setting across from this guy wearing a U of Hawaii shirt and cap and he's talking all this crap about look at the scoreboard. This was at half time after we scored our 1st TD he shut up. Anyways.....Bama tried to give them the game but i guess you could say UK's offense was trying harder. Wondering how UK will finish in SEC?
Great game by the cats, even though we should have won it. But why arent we atleast ranked in the top 20 or so...