Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville (Predictions) -- POLL
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:belfry 21- pikeville-0

no chance lol

Hey hoping for a good game it could happen..... but if it is close i want belfry to pull it out :watch:
i say............
Pikeville-21
Belfry-14
I'm gonna take the panthers in a close one. I don't think there will be alot of scoring in this game

Pikeville-21
Belfry-7
There is no doubt in my mind that Pikeville has the defense to win this game(and if they win this game at Belfry, watch out) but what concerns me is the Pikeville offense. Add the struggles that the Pikeville offense has had so far this year to a good Pirate defense and it spells trouble for the Panthers. I am glad that the offense got a lot of work in a game situation last week at South Floyd in areas such as the passing game. Pikeville needs to win this game with Belfry winning the last 4 in the series and I expect Coach Jackson to throw everything he has up to this point at the Pirates. I really do believe that this will be a low scoring game but to pick a winner I may as well just flip a coin. Pike County is lucky to have two programs like Belfry and Pikeville that will field very good teams most years and get a chance to battle it out for the Real Pike County Bowl. I hope that both teams leave it all on the field and give the fans of Pike County a great game and come out of this game without any injuries, then I will sit back and root hard for both the Pirates and Panthers the rest of the season as they get ready to bring 2 Regional Titles back home to Pike County again in 05.
I think Pikeville takes this game, their defence is tough.
Yea blackcat Id have to say ur right.....as bad as I hate to say it....
football05 Wrote:Yea blackcat Id have to say ur right.....as bad as I hate to say it....

Whats that supposed to mean? Big Grin
this will be a great game.....ive got a feeling it will be closer than i would like, but with that said....Belfry 28
Pikeville 21
I think pikeville will win in a close one.
pikeville 35
belfry 28
PHSFAN Wrote:...and I expect Coach Jackson to throw everything he has up to this point at the Pirates.

I saw his teams play last year in Northern Kentucky and saw some of the weirdest stuff I've ever seen on a football field. Looked like something out of the 1950s--like stuff from "Knute Rockne All-American."

It looked like they were in shotgun but the running back took the snap???
Mis-direction baby.....the key to Coach J's success :thumb:
How good is Pikeville, any stats would be appericated.
With both Belfry and Pikeville...stats won't tell their story as both have faced outmanned competition.
Plus because of the Rivalry factor...Throw out the records.
Football24_7 Wrote:I saw his teams play last year in Northern Kentucky and saw some of the weirdest stuff I've ever seen on a football field. Looked like something out of the 1950s--like stuff from "Knute Rockne All-American."

It looked like they were in shotgun but the running back took the snap???

yeah, i would look out for that junk this week

pikeville 14
belfry 0
I dont think that this one will be decided on any "trick" plays...this will be line'em up SMASHMOUTH football at its best...Haywood will have his boys ready, and I am sure the Panthers are too....Friday cant get here fast enough! :fight:
I'm not sure if I've prediced yet or not....someone asked me what mine was going to be...so...

PHS -- 14
BHS -- 13

Belfry misses second extra point that puts them up 13-7 :thumb:
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:I dont think that this one will be decided on any "trick" plays...this will be line'em up SMASHMOUTH football at its best...Haywood will have his boys ready, and I am sure the Panthers are too....Friday cant get here fast enough! :fight:
Pikeville doesn't play smashmouth anymore.
There's a new sheriff in town and he doesn't have the horses to line up and come at you.
No chance does Pikeville have the horses to just come at you. They are way too small. So as you said they don't play smashmouth....gotta use their speed!!