Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US team wins back the Ryder Cup
That was some great golf. If you didn't watch you really missed out.

The Kentucky boys really came through at Valhalla.
I am so glad that they brought the cup home. Congrats USA.
And they did it without Tiger. Amazing!!!
Who are the KY boys and what counties are they from...if anyone knows. I'm guessing Boo Weekley is one of them..?
vundy33 Wrote:Who are the KY boys and what counties are they from...if anyone knows. I'm guessing Boo Weekley is one of them..?

Kenny Perry is from Franklin, KY, which is in Simpson Co. J.C. Holmes is from Campbellsville, which is in Taylor Co. Kentucky boys came up huge today in front of a great Kentucky gallery. Truly awesome event.
bluegrassballa Wrote:And they did it without Tiger. Amazing!!!

This just shows that the U.S. doesn't need Tiger anymore to defeat the Europeans.
I wouldn't say Perry played that well, Furyk really had to carry him during the four ball. He played alright on Sunday, but really made some long, clutch puts. Mickelson played terrible the entire weekend. Kim, Mahan, Weekley, Holmes, and Furyk won this one for us.
I attended all 3 days of this event and all I have to say is it was AMAZING!!!

The KY boys really helped get the fans going (as well as our now adopted son Boo). Just having these guys out there had the fans pumped up and you could tell that they US players were have more fun and enjoying the moment better than they have in past couple of cups.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Kenny Perry is from Franklin, KY, which is in Simpson Co. J.C. Holmes is from Campbellsville, which is in Taylor Co. Kentucky boys came up huge today in front of a great Kentucky gallery. Truly awesome event.

oops of course I meant J.B.!
Lets not forget about the Los Angeles native Anothony Kim. He's a terrific player and has an attitude to go with it. He really set the tone Sunday in the first match I thought.

I loved it when on hole 6 I believe Garcia put it in some thick thick grass and was using some weird stance to try and get a drop, he was over there hassling the official about it.

I think the Kentucky crowd really payed off. I heard it was really loud. I had tickets I should have went, but I really wanted my first Ryder Cup to be over in Europe. Don't know why but that's where I want to see my first one. Go overseas and support the USofA. I guess kind of as motivation to make sure I take a European trip someday and not put it off and then end up never going.
blackcat Wrote:I wouldn't say Perry played that well, Furyk really had to carry him during the four ball. He played alright on Sunday, but really made some long, clutch puts. Mickelson played terrible the entire weekend. Kim, Mahan, Weekley, Holmes, and Furyk won this one for us.

Phil and Kim made a great team on the first round, the match was halved.

Friday afternoon, they won 2-up. Mickelson had 5 birdies, Kim had 2.

Saturday morning, after going 4-up after 6, they lost when neither could make another birdie after that.

So I think your saying Phil played terrible all weekend is wrong. He contributed to two of those points.

Sunday, Phil lost on the 16th when he was 2 down.

http://www.rydercup.com/2008/usa/scoring...ds/13.html

The best thing to happen to this Ryder Cup was that Woods was MIA. He sucks the life out of people and it was electric at Valhalla. Another thing Azinger should have done was given Phil off on one of the rounds. Five 18 hole rounds in 3 days with the mental and physical toll is tough. I say let some of the younger guys handle it. Phil didn't show it, but I'm sure it played a factor on Sunday.

The biggest shame here is that I watched Sportscenter on Monday morning, all morning, to watch some highlights from the Ryder Cup. I got nothing, seems Lane Kiffen maybe being fired and the football games from the previous day were all more important than any mention that the Americans had won the Ryder Cup for the 1st time in a long time and they couldn't find nowhere to put it in there schedule. I bet though had Tiger Woods been there it would have been the lead in story. Tiger Woods help the Americans win the Ryder Cup. Well I'd rather see no highlights than for him to have been there. Like the paper said, hey they felt more like a team without him.
Beetle01 Wrote:Lets not forget about the Los Angeles native Anothony Kim. He's a terrific player and has an attitude to go with it. He really set the tone Sunday in the first match I thought.

I loved it when on hole 6 I believe Garcia put it in some thick thick grass and was using some weird stance to try and get a drop, he was over there hassling the official about it.

I think the Kentucky crowd really payed off. I heard it was really loud. I had tickets I should have went, but I really wanted my first Ryder Cup to be over in Europe. Don't know why but that's where I want to see my first one. Go overseas and support the USofA. I guess kind of as motivation to make sure I take a European trip someday and not put it off and then end up never going.

I have been many places in the United States and it is beautiful. I was born in Colorado, seen Maine, Arizona, Santa Barbra, many others, but if I could I would spend half the year in Europe. It is one of the most breath taking places you have ever been and you really have to be there long enough to see the culture of the people, Ireland, Switzerland, Vienna, Germany. My grandfather is Austrian and my grandmother German. My father was stationed in Germany when he met my mother. We lived there and I have been back to see the beauty of my heritage. My parents just celebrated they're 46th anniversary. Go to the next one, the way this world is going, it may be the last.
Boo Weekley is by far my favorite golfer. He is a wildman! Congrats to USA on winning the Ryder Cup for the first time since 1999.
usa