Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAA Region 4 District 8 Top Team
After 3 weeks who is the best team in this district? Ashland, Boyd, Lawrence, Johnson Central, Mason Co. or Greenup Co. Boyd is riding high after their win over Russell, but have 2 other wins over very weak opponents. Ashland bounced back from a dissapointing loss to Russell and pounded a very good Portsmouth West team 42-8, and easily handled Raceland in week 1 44-7. I dont know JC's record, but I know they are a solid team. Here are my rankings.

1. Ashland - Should have beaten Russell, 2 big wins over worthy opponents.
2. Boyd - Big win over Russell, but and easy schedule still makes me wonder.
3. Johnson Central - Blume is a beast.
4. Lawrence Co. - Potential to be a good team.
5. Mason Co. - ??
6. Greenup Co. - Lost to single A Raceland.
I like Matney's Eagles if they can shore up their defense. They can score with anyone, but they haven't shown they can stop anyone.

But, with the Ashland and Boyd Co. games on the road, will it be too much for the Eagles to win the disrtict???????
sportwhiz Wrote:I like Matney's Eagles if they can shore up their defense. They can score with anyone, but they haven't shown they can stop anyone.

But, with the Ashland and Boyd Co. games on the road, will it be too much for the Eagles to win the disrtict???????

I knew JC had to come to Ashland, but I didnt know they had to come to BC too. That could be tough for them to overcome.
Right now I just don't know but I'll have a better ideal after this Friday. Right now I would give the edge as little as it might be to BC.
Johnson Central would be my top pick as of right now
I've got JC up there but still going with Boyd at this time. The golden eagles will have a chance to prove me wrong tomorrow night and I'm afraid that they just might do that.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:Johnson Central would be my top pick as of right now

Wow, JC? Have they played any good competition so far? I dont know much about their schedule.