Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What team do you think needs alot of work?
I know Magoffin for one, but any other teams that are struggling in the mountains or surrounding areas. I would even like to hear about the middle schools, since this is the feeder program of the high school teams. :thanks:
Pike Central need to do a lot of work.. Granted the past two teams they have played were tough, but PC needs to stay in the game for the whole game.. If i'm not mistaken, PC has only allowed about 21 pts, in the first quarter all year.. but the second quarter is where they start to fall..
as bad as i hate to say it, my beloved pirates need to work on fundamentals, namely hangin on to the **** ball!! but they also need to improve defensivley, without a consistent breakaway threat, thier defense could be the difference in some big games this season.
Prestonsburg without a doubt. Started off 0-3 and it's not likely that they will win this weekend either. This team needs some real help.
I agree BCF4L, they have the players and talent, but I guess there just in some kind of slump.
Exactly. There's no doubt in my mind that they have the talent, I just don't know if their whole heart is into it or not. They do not seem to determined like teams in the past. Football used to be everything to kids at Prestonsburg, but it seems like that has slacked off this year.
One thing that would help pburg out this season is to stop running the ball out of the shotgun. Their backs arent near as talented as they were in the past, which is obvious considering the line they had from last year is only missing one player. Any team whose linebackers cheat up a few steps, they will beat pburgs back's to the line of scrimmage easil. A prime example is Brenton Hamilton, he hasnt moved the ball that well this season, because he's not quick enough to run out of that set. So, prestonsburg needs to stop running out of that set if they wanna move the ball on the ground.
They also need to stop running the same play over and over. I noticed that if a play works then they go right back to it. You gotta mix it up and that's just something that Prestonsburg doesn't do.
Yeah, i hate their play calling. I still wouldnt be surprised if Pburg had a season like they did in 2000. Started off bad, but came on strong later in the year and won the region. The talent is there to win that region.
I hate to say much in a thread like this because I don't want to offend anyone. But I'm going to say Betsy Layne. They're considering entering a district Paintsville, Pikeville and Hazard. They need to work a lot before they make that move.
Prestonsburg, Breathitt, and even Belfry needs a few things worked on.
AC will need some work but by the end of the season Coach Jeremy Hall Will Have him a winning record
BelfryPride Wrote:Prestonsburg, Breathitt, and even Belfry needs a few things worked on.

Belfry has the heart of champions and that means alot.
Pike Central- The biggest problem here is that the administration still doesn't give the football program the support it needs... by now PC should have fielded at least one quality team.

Betsy Layne- They have been one of the worst teams in the entire state the past few years and for a AA school in a football rich county, the lack of numbers they have is sad.

Perry Central- This team is similar to Pike Central in that they have accomplished zilch since the school was formed and that the amdinistration seems to want to remain a basketball school more than anything.

Those all are just strugglign programs in general, not just this year.
I think Pike Central is on their way to a good deal.. The new principle has an interest in football i do believe, and wants to see them be a quality football team.. But i agree that in the past the administration didn't give a crap about the football team
Prestonsburg, without a doubt needs some help. The line play shouldn't be as bad as it is, considering only one starter was lost... however that one starter was a great one, and a leader too.
Sheldon Clark needs to play with more emotion.Along with some other teams such as belfry and russell. Ive watched all these teams and i still believe they lack composure in my opinion
GUPETTO Wrote:Sheldon Clark needs to play with more emotion.Along with some other teams such as belfry and russell. Ive watched all these teams and i still believe they lack composure in my opinion

I think SC will be district runner up this year. They may even give Belfry a run for thier money this yearConfusedhh:
Lynn Camp needs to work on some defense
and Williamsburg could work on a decent schedule...
Pikeville's offense is horrible. Getting better, but unable to compete on the statewide level.
Shelby Valley, they have three of the best running backs in the mountains but cannot score!
snoop Wrote:Shelby Valley, they have three of the best running backs in the mountains but cannot score!
Maybe it's because they really aren't "three of the best in the mountains".
I know of at least three other mountain teams that they wouldn't be in the backfield.
I love to hear people rooting for their teams, just wish we, here in Magoffin could get more people, especially parents involved, but we are working on it, so who knows we may even have a full house tonight. Magoffin vs the Champs, that are Belfry tonight 7:30 p.m. Good luck to all the teams playing tonight.
snoop Wrote:Shelby Valley, they have three of the best running backs in the mountains but cannot score!

If they were they could score. A team needs a good o-line to score constanly though
Fishing Wrote:I think SC will be district runner up this year. They may even give Belfry a run for thier money this yearConfusedhh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Rolleyes
ttt
ER needs more time to built a strong program and start the players out younger. Give them time and slowly but surely things will fall into play.

Prestonsburg was hyped to be one of the teams to watch this year and yet they are 0-4....Don't know what the problems are but apparently there are some.
eingram003 Wrote:Belfry has the heart of champions and that means alot.
:thumb:
Good luck to all the teams the rest of the season.
CBS Sports Wrote:Pikeville's offense is horrible. Getting better, but unable to compete on the statewide level.

I believe Pikeville has a really good offense. They are all very fast.