Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you for?
Out of the following issues what are you for?

Higher or lower taxes?

Big government or Small government?

Nationalized healthcare or opening up of the market accross state lines?

Nationalized oil and gas or expanding the market for competition?

More social programs or increasing self reliance?

Withdrawing from defensive and occupational positions or staying the course and fulfilling our obligation to our fallen servicemen, 9/11 victims, and world security?

Decreased military size and weapon development or Increase military size and weapons research and development?
These choices all suck!
The less the taxes the better, although I recognize taxes are a necessary evil.
Small Govt.
Open markets in health care
Expanding the oil market, keeping these oil companies from buying each other up.
Some social programs are good, but we go way overboard currently.
Heavily increase military pay, funding, and r&d.
VA hosptials should be state of the art research institutions, the finest doctors, the finest clinics, simply the finest. Once the troops get home, all the hoopla and hoorahs go silent, and it's only the individual soldiers and their families left to consider their personal collateral damage.
thecavemaster Wrote:VA hosptials should be state of the art research institutions, the finest doctors, the finest clinics, simply the finest. Once the troops get home, all the hoopla and hoorahs go silent, and it's only the individual soldiers and their families left to consider their personal collateral damage.

As a veteran, I would prefer they dismantle the VA and gives us all medical cards so we could see whomever we want rather than having to travel 40 or 50 miles to the nearest VA medical center.
lawrencefan Wrote:As a veteran, I would prefer they dismantle the VA and gives us all medical cards so we could see whomever we want rather than having to travel 40 or 50 miles to the nearest VA medical center.

That's a pretty good idea right there...hadn't thought of that. I'm for whatever assures our veterans the absolute best medical care.
thecavemaster Wrote:That's a pretty good idea right there...hadn't thought of that. I'm for whatever assures our veterans the absolute best medical care.
I'm a veteran and goto the VA and by and large I get great care. Much better than the care I've seen my grandparents getting in private Hospitals.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm a veteran and goto the VA and by and large I get great care. Much better than the care I've seen my grandparents getting in private Hospitals.

That's good to hear. I have very limited experience with VA hospitals, just visited a few people there.