Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawne Merriman Decides To Undergo Knee Surgery
Has to be tough for such a great player like Merriman. Also to add insult to injury he was fined $7,500 for a hit below the knee on Panthers QB Jake Delhomme in week 1. Wish Shawne a speedy recovery.
-STAT-, you know I'm a Charger fan (after Cleveland of course), but IMO, he should have taken the surgery to begin with. The risk was just too great for him to play, risking further injury, which is what ultimately happened. I hope all the luck that the procedure is successful and he will be back soon at 100% for San Diego.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:-STAT-, you know I'm a Charger fan (after Cleveland of course), but IMO, he should have taken the surgery to begin with. The risk was just too great for him to play, risking further injury, which is what ultimately happened. I hope all the luck that the procedure is successful and he will be back soon at 100% for San Diego.

Word is that he went successful knee surgery to repair two of the main ligaments in his knee. And you know Strikeoutking that Merriman is one of my favorite players, but I also agree with you he should have went with the surgery before hand. The guy wanted to play so bad he sought 4 opinions! I would have said lets do the surgery after the 1st. He will get back to 100% by next season and will be putting lights out once again.
Can't blame the guy for the fight and heart he has, but you got to know when to say when sometimes. haha
I love Shawne Merriman. My favorite player in the NFL. Hate to see him have to sit outthis season. He has alotta heart to even try and play. I hope we has a speedy recovery!!
Merriman actually tore the same ligaments in his knee that took me away from my collegiate career....it's a lot longer healing process than that off the ACL alone since the PCL/LCL tears aren't as common. I'd say though, with the NFL trainers he'll be back at the start of next season.