Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs SEC
UK will be 4-0 going into Tuscaloosa. All-time versus Alabama, UK is 2-33-1! That's right...2 WINS in 37 GAMES! Maybe if this game was in Lexington, I would pick UK to win, but playing at home, I'll give the edge to Bama. UK will win games against Arkansas (MUCH weaker than last year, and we won 42-29), South Carolina (Spurrier is losing his touch), Vanderbilt (in overtime), Mississippi State (UK always plays well in Starkville), and Tennessee (it's about "expletive after expletive" time!!!!). Georgia, although at home, will be a loss, but UK will hang tough, and I don't see us winning at the Swamp, not this year.

That's a 5-3 record, and a 9-3 mark overall. UK's defense will remain it's strength, but as shown against MTSU, the offense is improving, and the receivers WILL get better the next 2 weeks, and Hartline will develop a lot of confidence and continue to lead this offense.

But with all that said...that's just me.....

GO CATS!
I think that UK will struggle in the SEC this year. It's hard to compete in any league when trying replace the talent that you had the year before. And we all know that UK has lost a lot of key players on both sides of the ball.
I believe UK can play with any team in the SEC. They may not win every game, but I seriously don't expect to see the Cats lose big to anyone. They can play with Georgia, they can play with Bama, and they can play with Tennessee.
Technically they play with every team.. I haven't seen them forfeit yet. But UK can not beat very many teams in the SEC. They just aren't a good enough football team. I like that UK fans have faith in their team, but you all are too encouraged by beating BAD teams. UK hasn't played teams with the kind of speed that the SEC has. You'll argue that MTSU has speed, well if they were fast enough and good enough to play in the SEC I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be playing at MTSU.
launchpad4 Wrote:You'll argue that MTSU has speed, well if they were fast enough and good enough to play in the SEC I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be playing at MTSU.
You can't go by that statement. Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, TO none of these guys played in the SEC but are arguably the best three WR's ever. Brett Favre wasn't from the SEC. Talent can come from other places besides the SEC.
launchpad4 Wrote:Technically they play with every team.. I haven't seen them forfeit yet. But UK can not beat very many teams in the SEC. They just aren't a good enough football team. I like that UK fans have faith in their team, but you all are too encouraged by beating BAD teams. UK hasn't played teams with the kind of speed that the SEC has. You'll argue that MTSU has speed, well if they were fast enough and good enough to play in the SEC I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be playing at MTSU.

UK has improved massively, and while beating bad teams?? Louisville hsowed its not as bad as thought. MTSU crushed Maryland who whooped Cal a top 25 team. MTSU had some real speed, Gee is as fast on the field as anyone in the SEC, including locke, harvin, or halliday(holliday?? LSU WR)

We suffered some injuries that may hamper us for a couple games but I still think we have a shot.

WKU-W
Bama-L
USC-W
Arky-W
Fla-L
MSU-W
GA-W I'm calling it, GA's O is not very good and we have a definte shot @ winning this game @ home. Depends on injuries but I think we have a shot.
Vandy-W but could be an easy loss, I think D wins this one for us
Tenn- L but we win next yr @ home.

I don't think many would be shocked by just 3 losses or 5. However I think 6 losses would equal a let down on the season. I know we lost some awesome talent, but just like Brooks said this is the most talented team he's had. Not to mention when he came to UK he had 1 player who run under 4.5. Now we have almost 20. That type of speed mixed with great coaching will give us a chance in every game, except FLA I think they are just too much but I wouldn't be shocked to come out of the swamp with a dead gator on the shoulder.
I believe they can win against Georgia Tennessee and Alabama. I think they will beat georgia cause georgia has to play florida and lsu before they play kentucky and those 2 games alone will be very physical for Georgia. Uk should only loose to flordia and maybe south caroliona. that is if they bring thier A game and play smash-mouth football.
Amun-Ra Wrote:You can't go by that statement. Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, TO none of these guys played in the SEC but are arguably the best three WR's ever. Brett Favre wasn't from the SEC. Talent can come from other places besides the SEC.

Research a little before you post! Randy Moss was at Notre Dame and Florida State before he was at Marshall, So he isn't a good example at all. Plus you mention individual players. Florida, Georgia, Alabama plays 11 on each side of the ball. Not one.
I wish the best of lucks to the Cats and I hope they go far.:thumpsup:
launchpad4 Wrote:Research a little before you post! Randy Moss was at Notre Dame and Florida State before he was at Marshall, So he isn't a good example at all. Plus you mention individual players. Florida, Georgia, Alabama plays 11 on each side of the ball. Not one.
Well I am so sorry that I screwed up with the Moss example, but you got my drift. Really, a team plays 11 players in football? Really? My example was that just because a player is at a Mid-Major school doesn't mean they can't play. Maybe those players were looked at by bigger schools but because of grades or character issues, they were passed on. I just think you shouldn't generalize smaller school's talent like that.
UK is really not that good right now, but they have the potential to win seven games, maybe eight with an upset.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

launchpad4 Wrote:Research a little before you post! Randy Moss was at Notre Dame and Florida State before he was at Marshall, So he isn't a good example at all. Plus you mention individual players. Florida, Georgia, Alabama plays 11 on each side of the ball. Not one.
He still never played a down at either Florida State or Notre Dame. Moss is a good example because of the avenue he took to end up at Marshall.

More examples.

Walter Payton
Howie Long
Roger Staubach
Ladanian Tomlinson
Kurt Warner

we could go on and it would be quite a list.
FBALL Wrote:He still never played a down at either Florida State or Notre Dame. Moss is a good example because of the avenue he took to end up at Marshall.

More examples.

Walter Payton
Howie Long
Roger Staubach
Ladanian Tomlinson
Kurt Warner

we could go on and it would be quite a list.
Yeah Moss is a great example of the path a lot of these kids take that end up at the smaller D1 schools. I watch pretty much every UK home game, and I will say this MTSU was SEC fast, but not SEC depth wise, but they were a good team.
I think UK's biggest problem is the WR's can't run a route right. I think Hartline is improving and maybe the best bet will be to get Cobb back at WR when healthy, because we can use him their more as long as Hartline keeps improving.
We are in an off week and got Western this coming week. In order for the Cats to go to Alabama and pull the upset they must be much better than what they were against MTSU. But it's def. not out of the realm of possiblity.
Kentucky can play with some of these teams, but still has to improve to get to that level, but I believe they will. This offense will do the small things better each week.
UK can def. pull an upset but they can also be shocked by teams like Vady and Mississippi State. It will be a fun year of conference play, but I think the Cats will go bowling and going into the season I would have been happy with that.
What thrills me the most is I think this will be the weakest team the Cats will have for a few years.
I think that if UK plays to the best of their potential they can pull off some upsets just like they did last year in overtime against LSU.
Ga-w
Tenn-w
Bama-l
Next week against Alabama will show what kind of team UK has this season. It is probably the most important game, IMO. If Kentucky comes out in Tuscaloosa with 90,000+ fans screaming and yelling, and shows they can compete with a Top 10 team after losing what they lost, it will be HUGE. They've had 2 weeks to straighten things out since Middle Tennessee, and Hartline will continue to improve and gain some more confidence against WKU. The receiving corp has been narrowed down which should provide some stability and continuity in the offense. The defense will have to prove that they are one of the best in the SEC. They've done very well so far (if not better than most expectations), but Alabama is good...REALLY GOOD! It will be a test!

Like I said, they don't have to win in Alabama (it wouldn't hurt though if they did). If they come out, play hard, play smart, and limit mistakes, it will be a big confidence boost going into the remainder of the SEC schedule (with the only real test I see is @ Florida, with Georgia being at home). First they've got the Hilltoppers! After we beat them, we can start looking to the SEC, but my opinion is, the game on October 4 in Tuscalossa, Alabama will tell us whether we are going to go bowling for a 3rd straight year.
They have to get past Western first. Take it one game at a time.
UK is better then u think
Belfry Wins Wrote:Yeah Moss is a great example of the path a lot of these kids take that end up at the smaller D1 schools. I watch pretty much every UK home game, and I will say this MTSU was SEC fast, but not SEC depth wise, but they were a good team.
I think UK's biggest problem is the WR's can't run a route right. I think Hartline is improving and maybe the best bet will be to get Cobb back at WR when healthy, because we can use him their more as long as Hartline keeps improving.
We are in an off week and got Western this coming week. In order for the Cats to go to Alabama and pull the upset they must be much better than what they were against MTSU. But it's def. not out of the realm of possiblity.
Kentucky can play with some of these teams, but still has to improve to get to that level, but I believe they will. This offense will do the small things better each week.
UK can def. pull an upset but they can also be shocked by teams like Vady and Mississippi State. It will be a fun year of conference play, but I think the Cats will go bowling and going into the season I would have been happy with that.
What thrills me the most is I think this will be the weakest team the Cats will have for a few years.

if Moss is such a great example then you have other examples of players that ere kicked off of two of the best programs before going on to dominate the NFL.
NFL PLAYERS BY SCHOOL Alabama 21 Arkansas 12 Auburn 32 Florida 31 Georgia 35 Kentucky 6 LSU 33 Ole Miss 17 Miss. State 17 South Carolina 19 Tennessee 36 Vanderbilt 5

TOTALS 264

I guess Peyton Manning from Tenn. wasn't mentioned?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
The Southeastern Conference had 263 players on the 2007 National Football League opening day active rosters, which led all conferences.

The Atlantic Coast Conference was second with 238 players, followed by the Big Ten with 234 players, Pac-10 with 183 players, Big 12 with 176 players and the Big East with 84 players.
Among SEC schools, Georgia was first with 37 former players on NFL rosters, followed by Tennessee with 36, LSU with 33, Florida with 31 and Auburn with 30. Alabama had 21 players on NFL rosters, while South Carolina had 19, Ole Miss and Mississippi State had 17 each, Arkansas had 12, Kentucky six and Vanderbilt with five.
The SEC had five of its schools with 30-or-more-players on NFL rosters. No other conference had two.
Nationally, Miami (Fla.) leads with 46 former players on NFL rosters, followed by Ohio State with 44, Florida State with 41, Tennessee with 36 and Georgia with 35. The lists do not include players who were not on opening day rosters and since been activated.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but UK is not going to beat Alabama, they maybe able to beat South Carolina. They should beat Vandy, and Miss. St. Then they will get it handed to em by Florida and Georgia. Sorry but we dont have Woodson this year, so no Big upset like LSU. Then Florida and Tennessee will beat us, but UT is down big time, so we have a good shot at that game.
The College One Wrote:I believe they can win against Georgia Tennessee and Alabama. I think they will beat georgia cause georgia has to play florida and lsu before they play kentucky and those 2 games alone will be very physical for Georgia. Uk should only loose to flordia and maybe south caroliona. that is if they bring thier A game and play smash-mouth football.

Are you serious...only two losses??? I wouldnt bet the farm on it.

Ok Moss never went to ND, they revoked his scholarship before he went there, then he got redshirted at FSU, then busted for pot. He never went to ND and never played at FSU. Looks like your the one who needs to do the research.