Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
36.54%
Ashland Tomcats
63.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Ashland Blazer - Sept. 5
I think it just comes down to the fact that Ashland offers them more money than they would make if they played some other team than Ashland. IF Swift tells them you can either play here every year, or we just won't play the game. Those 1A schools are not gonna turn down some nice incentives from a 5A school. Not to mention if they pull out a win, its good for the program.
How about Pikeville going there 2 years in a row to play in a hostile environment to try and get their kids used to playing under those circumstances. I know we would make more money if we played at home but it is about going on the road in a great football atmosphere and playing at a place with such a storied past. That is why we have gone there twice in a row. The money we get for going to Ashland is decent at best.
Believe me it is about the money. This is straight from the PHS administration. I am not saying they wanted it like this, but to get two spots filled in your schedule for two years with a quality opponent like Ashland, they decided to take a nice check.
panther- Wrote:I expect Harmon to break loose and have a big game on the ground.

running every play will only get them so far with ashland.
If...Then Wrote:I'm wanting the panthers to win 100% but IMO Pikeville just isnt as good without Tim, Ted, and Chaz Jackson as linebackers...Defense will lose this game

Pikeville: 14
Ashland: 28

GO PIKEVILLE
Dont you mean go Pike Central? LOL!
Does anyone know the series record?
PureRedDevil Wrote:Does anyone know the series record?

Ashland leads 5-1
Close but I think Pikeville will come up with the W.
Ashland will win 31-14

pikeville looked horrible against Corbin
PIRATE PRIDE Wrote:Ashland will win 31-14

pikeville looked horrible against Corbin

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but Pikeville did not look horrible against Corbin. They did have some glaring weaknesses such as too many missed tackles and real inconsistency on their offensive and defensive lines and they were real lacking in the passing game. However, they competed real hard and ran the ball well, but Blake is not an option style QB. They will get better and they need to grow up quick with Ashland, Lex. Cath., and the Big Red, on their schedule.
Ashland 28
Pikeville 20