Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County Bobcats
45.16%
Prestonsburg Blackcats
54.84%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County vs. Prestonsburg - Sept. 5
This one is turning into quite the rivalry.
Im looking for this to be non-stop defense.

I've heard rumors of Craynon not playing but if he dont play I still think Prestonsburg can win if they play SMART.

So im looking for a defense game, so I take my Blackcats.

Prestonsburg-7
Breathitt-0
sportsfan1 Wrote:It wasn't the RBs that caused Breathitt problems. It was the line of JC. Their line is better than P-Burg's which is why they had success against Breathitt.

Excellent point, but it isn't being "better than P-burg's" line that made it work. The Central line is just good...period.

P-burg may have better players in the skill positions overall (than Central), but NO running offense (power and/or speed based) will work as designed without good line play.

Since we know what Central's exceptional o-line accomplished against the Breathitt defense, this game could serve as a good measuring stick on the progress of the young Blackcat line.
We will see Friday what happens! I hope all the Blackcats can play so no excuses are made!!!
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:Im looking for this to be non-stop defense.

I've heard rumors of Craynon not playing but if he dont play I still think Prestonsburg can win if they play SMART.

So im looking for a defense game, so I take my Blackcats.

Prestonsburg-7
Breathitt-0

I highly doubt Pburg is gonna shut out Breathitt. Breathitt will put points up on the board but the winner of this game will be the team whose defense plays better.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This one is turning into quite the rivalry.

I would say turned, these teams have a lot of history.
Im gonna say Breathit in a shoot out ..
Alright, allow me to put my 2 cents worth on this topic. Prestonsburg returns a more experienced team, especially on offense compared to Breathitt. Allen will be back this week and I expect him to be eager to get in the end zone. Combine Craynon's Speed and Agility with Setser's Power and they will overwhelm the defense of the Bobcats. No offense to JC, but these two are better than the backs they currently have there now. Prestonsburg's defense showed a little vulnerability at the beginning of the Paintsville game, but I would expect them to be fully prepared for this week. Breathitt will score, there is no doubt in my mind, but Prestonsburg has an all around better team. When Breathitt decides to load up front then Michael will throw it over top to Gearhart, which I know shouldn't be a problem. In the event that running it up the gut as JC did is no longer effective then the Blackcats have the speed to bounce it outside on end arounds or tosses to gain a good amount of yards.

Prestonsburg - 20
Breathitt Co. - 14
Since everyone keeps bringing up Breathitt and JC ill bring up the Paintsville and Pburg game since i wasnt at the Breathitt and JC game. Talking about defense, Pburgs defense really wasnt all that bad they had Paintsville shut out at halftime and the 20 points that were scored were scored with freshman and JV players in on defense. I know Paintsville doesnt have the offensive players as Breathitt but i just thought i would throw it out there that the D didnt really do all that bad. And like was said earlier the duo of Craynon and Setser are as good or better than any backs in the mountains and possibly the state IMO and if compared to JC they are better. With all that said i take the Blackcats in a shootout.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Since everyone keeps bringing up Breathitt and JC ill bring up the Paintsville and Pburg game since i wasnt at the Breathitt and JC game. Talking about defense, Pburgs defense really wasnt all that bad they had Paintsville shut out at halftime and the 20 points that were scored were scored with freshman and JV players in on defense. I know Paintsville doesnt have the offensive players as Breathitt but i just thought i would throw it out there that the D didnt really do all that bad. And like was said earlier the duo of Craynon and Setser are as good or better than any backs in the mountains and possibly the state IMO and if compared to JC they are better. With all that said i take the Blackcats in a shootout.

Its hard to compare P-bug's running back's to JCHS running back's fairly. We will not know for sure because JCHS play's in a tough 5 A division. Let's face the fact's. We are all bias, and think that we have the best backs. But have you watched JJ Jude, jk hall, run the ball? You are looking at 2 under class men. Yes JK Hall is back up Q back but they play him at running back, and he is a treat to go all the way when ever this kid has the ball in his hand. There is nobody that knows this better than me, I promise. JK Hall stay's healthy, your looking at a d1 player.
Control the line, control the game.......
Twitter: @tc_analytics

This could be game of the week. P'burg on top
BlueSky Wrote:This could be game of the week. P'burg on top
Go Bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:letsparty

Is it Friday yet?

GO BLACKCATS!
I am sure Holcomb will have his troops fired up after the loss to JC. I could be who wins up front. Breathitt has never been known for being real physical, even in the years they have run the ball well, it is a result from the field being spread. However, Channing Fugate is a load and can present some physical problems on his own. If pburg can have a healthy Craynon and win the line of scrimmage I like the Blackcats in a close one 20-14.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Is it Friday yet?

GO BLACKCATS!
I wish I could make the trip this weekend, but I have to work the Green County game for the station......

I also wish I could attend this game but I will be attending the Hazard game instead.
I think Breathitt should play that defense that they played against Corbin and Belfry in 2002 when they won the state in class AA. I believe they were in the 50.
I will take Pburg in a close one. It will be smash mouth football at its finest.
BCF4L Wrote:I also wish I could attend this game but I will be attending the Hazard game instead.

Hazard??
blackcat Wrote:Hazard??
Yeah, where I work at Appalachian Wireless, we sponsor different games throughout the year and I have to go to whichever game we are sponsoring. Last week it was the Breathitt Co. game, this week its Hazard. We also have the first Harlan home game, the Apple Bowl, and hopefully a Prestonsburg game will be thrown in there at some point.
I wish both teams the best and hope there are no injuries that will effect the rest of the season.........

P-burg by 1 td but wishing p-burg by 3 td's.
Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Please hurry for god sakes.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Please hurry for god sakes.
Breathitt by 40.......lol

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breathitt by 40.......lol

Smile... I bet the Cats win!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Smile... I bet the Cats win!
I will take that bet.....Only a little while to go....

Breathitt is rated 6th in 3A according to the Massey Power ratings
Prestonsburg is rated 16th in 2A according to the Massey Power ratings.
Breathitt is an 8 point favorite

I believe Prestonsburg is underrated and will give Breathitt a close game. I think Breathitt wins 20-8

P-burg 22 Breathitt 14
Really wish i could see this one. I will be at the Belfry and Lawrence County game, but i am sure gonna try to follow on the radio.