Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams in the 15th
Who do you all think is the top teams in the 15th?

1.Belfry
2.Allen Central
3.Betsy Layne
4.South Floyd
5.East Ridge
true_blue221 Wrote:Who do you all think is the top teams in the 15th?

1.Belfry
2.Allen Central
3.Betsy Layne
4.South Floyd
5.East Ridge

3 Floyd County teams in the top 5??????? I don't watch much volleyball, but is this a reliable post or a lil biased????
This is what I think is correct. I am from Pike County and I didn't even put who I support in the top 5. I just call them as I see them, and this looks like a correct top 5- so far. But who knows....later on in the season this might change.
Alright I didn't know. I was just asking! I know nothing about volleyball in the 15th.
From what I have seen at this point in the season....

1. Allen Central
2. Belfry
3. Betsy Layne
4. Pikeville
5. South Floyd
This is from what I have witness from the teams so far:

1. Allen Central
2. Betsy Layne
3. Belfry
4. Pikeville
true_blue221 Wrote:Who do you all think is the top teams in the 15th?

1.Belfry
2.Allen Central
3.Betsy Layne
4.South Floyd
5.East Ridge

I think this one looks accurate. I don't know much about South Floyd but I have heard good things.
oneandonly Wrote:I think this one looks accurate. I don't know much about South Floyd but I have heard good things.
How can you put Belfry in front of Allen Central, when Central has already beat them twice this year?
because I think Belfry is the better team out of the two honestly, and until they meet up in regular season play that is how it will stay.
I put Belfry in front because I think they are equal but Belfry has the advantage of expierienced players and paige thacker.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:3 Floyd County teams in the top 5??????? I don't watch much volleyball, but is this a reliable post or a lil biased????

All three are very deserving of a top five ranking! I haven't seen South Floyd play just score compare and knowing players that have returned.
Allen Central
Belfry
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
East Ridge

1. BELFRY!!!!!!
2.....?

the rest is hard to choose...

GO PAIGE,KATIE, BB, MEG!
1.Allen Central
2.Belfry
3.Betsy Layne
4.East Ridge
5.South Floyd
hold up...wheres pike central on that list..we whould be up there on the top 5...i know my team and we may not have showed it yet this year...but come tournment time well prove our point!!pike central vs. pikeville tonight 6!
Wanted to share some pics from volleyball action this season. It includes a lot of freshmen and JV games as well as varsity. Mostly South Floyd and their opponents.

www.myplays.us
Good Luck to all teams and just remember it will not count until the tournament.
There is no way that Pikeville ranks in the top 5 in the 15th period, much less having them on the list and not having East Ridge.

Allen Central
Belfry
East Ridge
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
East Ridge plays Betsy Layne in 4 days so hopefully that will be a chance for the Warriors to move up in their standings.

I think #3 is accurate for Betsy Layne. The will definitely be top contenders when it comes to Regionals. They will be a hard team to beat because they always play as a team and they have great chemistry together. They play East Ridge tonight which should be a good game with BLHS winning of course. Played South Floyd last night BLHS won varsity and JV. When they played Belfry they gave them a run for their money. So look out I think BLHS will be a force to be reckoned with come tournament time.
pocampo Wrote:Wanted to share some pics from volleyball action this season. It includes a lot of freshmen and JV games as well as varsity. Mostly South Floyd and their opponents.

http:\\www.myplays.us
My cousin is in a few pictures of the games against Allen Central! She's #3! Big Grin
cemtral_spiker6 Wrote:hold up...wheres pike central on that list..we whould be up there on the top 5...i know my team and we may not have showed it yet this year...but come tournment time well prove our point!!pike central vs. pikeville tonight 6!

okay no offense pike central, but they havent been playing too well AT ALL.....there is no chance they should even be thought of being in the top 5...IMO
thetribe Wrote:Allen Central
Belfry
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
East Ridge

I'm going to go out on a limb and flip this to:

Belfry
Allen Central
East Ridge
Betsy Layne
South Floyd

Belfry is once again a powerhouse in the region. They beat AC by a lot more than I would have expected.

Allen Central has still picked up a lot of wins this season, just couldn't do anything with Belfry a few days ago.

East Ridge may not be on top of their game every night but I have a lot of faith in the team again this year. They have lost some against teams that I honestly think that they are better than.

Betsy Layne beat East Ridge last week. They are a great team but I wasn't satisfied with how the Warriors performed in the game to say that they were outplayed. (Stupid, stupid mistakes got themselves beat in this one.) The Bobcats will have a good season and look like they have a lot of young talent on the team this year and will be around to play a few more seasons.

South Floyd continues to bring an impressive volleyball team every year. I haven't got to see them play yet but I've kept up with their scores.

come on give me break! betsy layne has beat east ridge twice this year and you still think ER is better than BLHS. How many games does BLHS have to win to get some credit. BLHS is a by far better team than East Ridge no way around it.
I do, I think that East Ridge is better than Betsy Layne. Playing a game like they did AT Betsy Layne was horrible, I give you that. But take East Ridge on their best night and Betsy Layne on theirs and see who wins. The scores being as close as they were should tell you that they can't run over top of us. I don't care if they play 5 more times and Betsy Layne wins all 5, they are still a better team.

thetribe Wrote:I do, I think that East Ridge is better than Betsy Layne. Playing a game like they did AT Betsy Layne was horrible, I give you that. But take East Ridge on their best night and Betsy Layne on theirs and see who wins. The scores being as close as they were should tell you that they can't run over top of us. I don't care if they play 5 more times and Betsy Layne wins all 5, they are still a better team.

betsy layne is the better team of the two, imo.
belfry is the top team in the region right now, and bl almost beat them, on one of their best nights this season.. i havent saw east ridge do that.
east ridge may not have played a great game when they played at bl, but neither did betsy layne.. if they played the best they could and so did er, the winner would definetly be betsy layne.. who is obviously the better team.
Betsy Layne is definitely the better team but I guess everybodys got their own opinion. All I can say is we will see come tournament time.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who sees betsy laynes potential. obviousley some people choose to close their eyes and not see a real team in action. BL is a great team and all the girls on the team are really close which gives them awesome chemistry together. On a good night bl can flat play ball and beat their opponent or make their opponent work for that win.
I think BL is a solid 3 team in the region. Belfry is the top team and Allen Central is the second best team. When those two play their best they are nobody else in the region that can beat them. If one of them has a bad night BL or JC has an outside shot. I think Betsy Layne is a bit better than Johnson Central and I believe they are a gap of seperation after those four teams and the rest of the region.