• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your game scores and results HERE
7th Grade
Verity - 38
Boyd County - 0

8th Grade
Verity - 28
Boyd County -6
Good job New Harlan! I wanted to see this game, but really didn't know you were playing it last night. You all have an excellent program and are well coached. I read that Leslie had negative total yardage. Keep that defense rolling. Defense wins.
BMS 64

Pikeville 8
Morgan county beat Bath county 28 to 0 in the conference championship and are now participating in the state championship playoffs!
Belfry Middle School 6th grade team wins the Pike Co. Championship over a very good Shelby Valley team. Way o go Belfry. Our future looks very bright.

Belfry 42
Shelby Valley 28
What's Morgan Co.record ?
congrats morgan co.
Morgan County's final record was 16-1, with their only lose coming to Bluegrass Middle in the State Semi-finals. They lost the game 22 to 14 I believe and the only thing I really know was injuries seemed to have plagued them for most of the game and Joe Holbrook was able to score a touchdown in the game. They had an awe-inspiring season and hope that this will lead to further success for the high school program in the future.
5th-6th Consolation - N. Harlan 18 Cumberland 12
5th-6th Championship Stinnett 6 Evarts 0

7th-8th Cumberland beat Leslie
7th-8th Championship N.Harlan 43 Evarts 16
Congrats New Harlan on a great year..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Congrats New Harlan on a great year..

Thank you Deviloligist! Our kids have worked really hard this year. Our coach pushes them daily to be the best they can be. Their practices are tough and violent. They push each other to get better. The 7th graders on our team will be well prepared to compete next year. Our 8th graders are anxious to get to high school with the other 8th graders in our county and help make the Black Bear's of Harlan County a force to reckoned with.

The kids from Evarts are strong, fast, and athletic and I expected a much closer game. They just couldn't get anything going. They've had a great season this year and by the looks of the 5/6 grade team, things are only going to get better.

Cumberland's team is loaded with a very fast and athletic group of 7th graders and should make some noise next year.

Really proud of this outstanding group of kids for their hard work and dedication to pull off an undefeated season and a conference title.
I'll agree with Devilogist,

One heck of an impressive year from the Patriots. Undefeated season's do not come around very often for many teams and it should be recognized by everyone. This team was one of the most impressive teams I have seen in many years. Letcher County is very proud of one of our neighbors for doing so well. I know this much for sure, we will have some epic battles for the next 4 years at all levels between the two of us. Our 8th grade went 11-2 with one of the losses coming to the Patriots, our Fresh. team is undefeated right now with two very close games with the Bears, our JV has lost one game with at least one very close game with the Bears maybe two, and our varsity pulled a miracle against the Bears in the season opener so WOW, is there going to be any bigger rivalry for the next several years than the one between Letcher and Harlan County????? Congrats to Tucker Lewis, the toughest prospect I've seen in many years, this kid is big, strong, mean and has the heart of a lion. I think this kid would not allow New Harlan to lose a game, he's a leader that's just going to explode into a mountain star SOON.
Way to go New Harlan!!!! Sounds like the perfect end to a perfect season!!!!! It doesn't get any better than that!!!!! :Wave:
:letsparty
Good job New Harlan Patriots!! This years team is probably the best middle school team I have ever seen and thats saying alot. I did get to see one of those practices Mama Bear and folks you wouldn't believe how these kids work and the hitting.......you just wouldn't believe what hard work goes on up on that hill at practice. It's organized too. And thats what builds a quality team like this one. This was an exceptional team and their schedule and their record shows it. I too think that Cumberland is going to make some noise of their own next year and Evarts has got potential on the way too.
Daddycat27 Wrote:5th-6th Consolation - N. Harlan 18 Cumberland 12
5th-6th Championship Stinnett 6 Evarts 0

7th-8th Cumberland beat Leslie
7th-8th Championship N.Harlan 43 Evarts 16

I wish we could have played Stinnet and Evarts this year,,, I think this would have been 2 good games for us.

I am just thankful for the parents of my kids who were willing to travel and play.. I think that our boys learned more from traveling than playing teams around here.. it is good to get out of the POND every now and then....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Maybe we can get together next year. What a year for the Evarts Wildcats! In 2007 we were 0-11, this year we were 9-3 with quality wins against New Harlan, Stinnett, and Letcher. I am very proud of the boys. They really came together as a team. They were heartbroken after the 6-0 loss in the championship. I told them to hold there heads up high and be pround of what they accomplished. I had 3 very good running backs, a great QB, and 2 good ends. The line came a long way since July 21st. We are definatly on the right track. Props to the defense. They really carried us throughout the year. In 11 games we only gave up 42 pts. We lost our 1st game 6-0 to YES STINNETT! We proceded to win 9 out of the next 10 including the games mentioned above. Stinnett has the biggest 5th-6th that I saw this year with the exception of Knox co( we lost 40-20). I think those 2 teams had several "HOLD BACKS". Next year I hope to have a few of my own!!!!! The QB,TB,HB, both ends, and several linemen are considering their options. It was agreat year, but could have been a little better! Thanks to all the parents and fans that supported us throughout the year. C-A-T-S cats, cats,cats!