Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your game scores and results HERE
excyter21 Wrote:Betsy Layne 7/8 team defeated Allen 46-0 tonight.
5/6 won 48-0 and 2/3/4 team lost 6-0.

Yeah, heard they put the starters back in late in the game to keep Allen from scoring ! Rolleyes
I Rule The World Wrote:Leslie 7/8 beat Evarts last night 18-16. It was like Evarts brought some of their traditional "Home Field Advantage" calls over here with them. Seemed like ref threw a flag on Leslie every play. Evarts scored late on Leslie's lower 7th graders.

Leslie was a completely different team than last weekend at Corbin. Maybe that was a wake-up call. Next comes the big test, New Harlan rolls in there next Thursday.

Leslie looked good in the Grid.
I was at the game also. It was a great game to watch. Just wondering what kid of teams new harlan plays. I dont think they play in the big sandy conference.
They're injury prone. Injuries have killed them all year. I don't know what happend at Corbin last weekend. I'm looking forward to the game next Thurs.
We had one that injured his knee really really bad last night. I'm telling you , it's a scary thing. We are all just one play away from having to go the ER........... and yet I still let them play. :p
fleming co. 7th grade won two more this week 35-14 over bath co. & 14-0 over
bourbon co. 8th grade lost to bath co. 21-8 and beat bourbon co. 14-12
canoeman06 Wrote:Yeah, heard they put the starters back in late in the game to keep Allen from scoring ! Rolleyes

Not true. From what I seen the starters were out midway of 2nd quarter. They had B_Team players on the field with the 2nd string.
Anybody know how Powell 7th/8th grade did Thursday??
Lambert #1 Wrote:Patriot,
I came over tonight. Your right, one heck of a night of football. Man this was a war for sure. Total defense and it was like watching an old school single A high school game. You could feel the hits from the stands. Both teams are violent and physical and I could have watched this game for 4 more qtrs. If there is a better team in the mountains than either of these teams I have got to watch them.

I know the day after the High School game someone said Lets just get them together and play again, I feel the same way about this game. We are lucky that we get to watch such quality football at a middle school level.
Patriot,
I know Coach Howard took his team down and played Clark Co. and they were 45-1 over the last four season and he took a big chance that a lot of people thought he shouldn't take and that included me. However, he took his boys down there and proved us wrong and came away with a 50-6 win. I wish you all would take that bunch of yours down that way and open a few more eyes to the fact that old school football is not dead and you can still win with the old "3 yards in a cloud of dust" theory. I came over there that night thinking that Tucker Lewis was your best player and left knowing that you have a full team of Tucker Lewis's and you really don't have any holes to be found. Everybody wants to run the spread and throw the rock all over the field and I guess that's alright but for an old school guy like me there is nothing like lining it up and running the ball between the tackles and see who has the toughest/meanest players for 32 minutes. Howard, Haywood, Hilton and Larkey have done it for years and it still works
Our team is for sure not built around one player. Our coach uses all his resources and gets the best out of each player. Our line has to fight, scratch, and claw to get those holes open to run thru.
I was awfully proud of Tucker when I heard he had given his helment stickers to his O line. There's no "I" in team over here in Harlan County!

Our defense wins games! Cool
canoeman06 Wrote:Yeah, heard they put the starters back in late in the game to keep Allen from scoring ! Rolleyes

Funny thing is it has been told that Adams left they're starters in the entire game.:confused:
We need to go down there and play some lexington and louisville schools. I think we can take them.
Betsy Layne fell to Morgan County 28-14 in a hard fought game. Morgan County are a class act. From the coaches to the players. Congrats Cougars!
What grade????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
7/8th.
When do you play the 5/6th grade???
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Good job Morgan Co....good bunch of men top to bottom...Bobcats had a couple of turnovers that could have been big...and the D-fence just could not stop the ground attack. was a good game...good luck both teams.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:When do you play the 5/6th grade???

We dont. We were supposed to but due to some cancellations and teams not wanting to play certain teams. Johns Creek played them 5/6 and 3/4.
Anyone know how Pikeville 7th and8th or 5th and 6th are doing this year.
Big WIN for the LCC Cougars tonight. They played Perry County Central in a heck of a ballgame and came away with a 20-6 win and looked like the Cougars of old. I think they are back on track and it just took a little time to recover from losing a vital key to their team. Sergent was there tonight on the sidelines with his team-mates and it made a big difference just having their buddy there with them. Congrats Cougars and keep on rolling. They play Shelby Valley Saturday in the Coca-Cola Bowl and we would sure love to see them get another win.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Big WIN for the LCC Cougars tonight. They played Perry County Central in a heck of a ballgame and came away with a 20-6 win and looked like the Cougars of old. I think they are back on track and it just took a little time to recover from losing a vital key to their team. Sergent was there tonight on the sidelines with his team-mates and it made a big difference just having their buddy there with them. Congrats Cougars and keep on rolling. They play Shelby Valley Saturday in the Coca-Cola Bowl and we would sure love to see them get another win.

Congratz LCC on the win. keep your heads up.
Betsy Layne beat Allen Central tonight 40-0 to move to 4-1. Good job Bobcats.
Taken from the Harlan Daily Enterprise:
New Harlan 28

Stinnett 12

The Patriots improved their record to 4-1 on the season Thursday with a win at home in fifth- and sixth-grade action.

Hunter Lewis and Nick Cornett each 46-yard touchdown runs for New Harlan. Kelin Gist added a 42-yard touchdown run. Cornett scored on a pair of two-point conversion runs. He also connected with Steven Skidmore for an 8-yard TD pass.

“The backs ran exceptionally hard tonight,” New Harlan coach Hobie Boggs said. “I was real proud of my two blocking backs (Hunter Lewis and Bobby Huff). I thought my assistant coaches (Mark Middleton, Justin Peck and Dusty Alred) did a wonderful job as well.”

New Harlan returns to action Tuesday at home against Evarts.

This Stinnett team beat them last week in OT. They worked hard this past week at practice and played a great game. Good win for the lil guys!!! Stinnett has a really good team and they grow some BIG youngins'!
Mama Bear Wrote:Taken from the Harlan Daily Enterprise:
New Harlan 28

Stinnett 12

The Patriots improved their record to 4-1 on the season Thursday with a win at home in fifth- and sixth-grade action.

Hunter Lewis and Nick Cornett each 46-yard touchdown runs for New Harlan. Kelin Gist added a 42-yard touchdown run. Cornett scored on a pair of two-point conversion runs. He also connected with Steven Skidmore for an 8-yard TD pass.

“The backs ran exceptionally hard tonight,” New Harlan coach Hobie Boggs said. “I was real proud of my two blocking backs (Hunter Lewis and Bobby Huff). I thought my assistant coaches (Mark Middleton, Justin Peck and Dusty Alred) did a wonderful job as well.”

New Harlan returns to action Tuesday at home against Evarts.

This Stinnett team beat them last week in OT. They worked hard this past week at practice and played a great game. Good win for the lil guys!!! Stinnett has a really good team and they grow some BIG youngins'!

That is a very good 5/6 grade league. There are some really impressive teams in that league.
fleming co. 7th grade won another one 20-0 over lewis co. not sure how the 8
grade turned out
Clay Co. 36
Sebastian Middle School (SMS) 0
Congrats NHC 5/6th.... I keep looking down the road at our match up..... I think it may be a great game for everyone to watch... I will keep posting game results and scores for everyone down there to read and please keep up the info coming from down there.
I am currently working on putting a video on YOUTUBE from this years team.. I will inform everyone when it is finished.....
Would love to see a list of a consolidated schools. Old names and New names.
Just getting used to this and I don't know if PCC is Perry County Central or Pike County Central or Who.

So confused someone please help me. lol
Hard to say which team they are referring to when they say PCC. I know when I am typing I am talking about Perry County Central's Junior High team. Our boys play them yearly in the Big Sandy Conference. I've noticed that lot of people are just putting PC and referring to Pike Central in this way.

LCC - Whitesburg, East Letcher, West Letcher are the teams that consolidated to make our new Junior High team.