Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best boys middle school teams in Kentucky
58< 32 Wrote:who beat corbin in the district tourny.........knox central is the best team in the state they have only lost 1 game im talking about 8th grade here

WOW! Who beat Knox?
bballer2 Wrote:WOW! Who beat Knox?

Lexington Catholic 7th grade beat Knox's 8th grade in mid Dec. by 5
I heard Southern's 7th had Lexington Catholic 7th beat this week and let it slip away at the very end. I thought Lex Cath was a little over rated.
southernky Wrote:I heard Southern's 7th had Lexington Catholic 7th beat this week and let it slip away at the very end. I thought Lex Cath was a little over rated.

So you think because Lex Cath only beat Southern middle by 3 makes them over rated? What about Wayne Co, Knox co, South Laurel? Southern beat all of those team this year and Wayne and knox finished 1-2 in the state tourney.

Lex Cath is 31-0 this year but they are not unbeatable. We are just unbeaten. Southern played a fine game against us and I felt great just to beat them.(especially at their home court). Coach Kenny had them playing a slow down game and it was very effective. We only had 9 posessions in the 2nd half. The score was 28-25. This was the first time this year we have played against a team that held the ball on us and it was very effective when you add the fact that southern's players didn't turn it over in the first half.

This was a game that our boys had to use their heads instead of just running and gunning. Very nice game Kenny.
South Laurel 7th grade beat Southern by 7 in the Adair Co. Tourney in Nov. & that's been the only time they've played this yr.