Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Defense???
Who has it??????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I have not seen all the teams. However, I saw the Letcher County team against Clark County Saturday. They looked good on the defensive line, but were exceptional on the inside/outside linebackers. They use 5 very quick and strong LB's that appeared to be very talented.
Great keep it up.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
The New Harlan Patriots have some experience at LB and DE, but they also have some new kids. They looked awfully strong against Cumberland in their first game.
When you have everyone in the county playing on one team except for Jenkins Middle School, that is going to help tremendosly.
Is Jenkins Middle an independent school system? Is that the reason they are not part of your LCC team?

We have that same situation here in Harlan County. The High Schools consolidated, but the middle school haven't and I hope they don't just for personal reasons, but Evarts and Cumberland Middle Schools still have their 5th/6th and 7th/8th Grade sports separate and all the feeder middle schools to that fed to Cawood have a consolidated football team but have separate schools and separate basketball teams and cheerleaders. Then we have the Harlan Independent Green Dragons, but they are separate from everyone.
Patriot Wrote:Is Jenkins Middle an independent school system? Is that the reason they are not part of your LCC team?

We have that same situation here in Harlan County. The High Schools consolidated, but the middle school haven't and I hope they don't just for personal reasons, but Evarts and Cumberland Middle Schools still have their 5th/6th and 7th/8th Grade sports separate and all the feeder middle schools to that fed to Cawood have a consolidated football team but have separate schools and separate basketball teams and cheerleaders. Then we have the Harlan Independent Green Dragons, but they are separate from everyone.

You are correct. Jenkins is independant. Don't know if they are playing this year. Someone in that area needs to tell us something.
Lcc.
Rockcastle 7th grade has a great defense and a powerful offense. They beat a good Conkwright team 32-0 at Conkwright Middle home field.
The Russell Red Devil- 5/6th grade- Maroon Machine has only allowed 55 total yards in 4 games.
Jenkins has a team. Lost to Betsy Layne Thursday.
New Harlan has pretty good Defense.
I told you New Harlan had good D.
New Harlan has a great defense. Letcher Middle looks to have a pretty good one too! Ours was a two point conversion stop better. Final 8-6 really exciting game for that type of score.

A player from each team was hurt so be sure to keep them in your prayers.
I have saw the PATS play some this year, including their last home game against Leslie Co. That saftey #2 looks tough! 2 picks, may i add both TIPPED! But him and #26 look alike ALOT! Their style of running and especially when they have their helmets off. #82 & #19 are beast! And on punt return #24 doesn't block a soul, he looks scared. #70 gets into the game. LOL. But if they where was a debate for best DB in the state mine would go to #2 from New Harlan(Tough kid).
He isn't afraid to come up and make the hit. He got leveled one time but got right back up and hit some more. That #21 is good to. #5 is slow! Why is he running the ball?????#26 or #2 should be, they look fast plus quick.
the evarts wildcats 5th/6th grade defense looks good. the safety #15 is tough he dont care to hit you straight up. #25 is tough also he has a little size on him though#23is also good linbacker. he also playsQB so hes tough. the whole defense looks good.
Lcc Has The Best Defense
Confusedumo: Lcc
Russell 5/6th had the best Defense I have seen all year.... held some good teams to very few yards.
Held Belfry to -32
Held NewHarlan to 46 yards I think
The first team only allowed a couple of scores all year in 20 games.
I will have to say that we played the best we could find, in Ohio and West Virginia and did well.
Morgan Co. 7th and 8th grade defenses were impressive to say the least. The 8th grade in itself had eight shutouts for the entire season.
The best middle school defense in the state 7th and 8th grade is probably burns middle school out of Owensboro. Their 8th grade group from this year went undefeated and they were also undefeated when they were 7th graders, as 7th graders they only gave up 6 points the entire year. this year as 8th graders the beat Union county who were undefeated for the past two seasons. Burns middle school is also the winningest program in kentucky since they began in 1972.