13. Harlan County
14. Clay County
15. Middlesboro
16. Mason County
17. Sheldon Clark
18. South Laurel
19. Southwestern
20. Pikeville

Notables (Boyd County, Somerset, Bath County, Ashland Blazer, Rockcastle County)

[SIZE=2]
Discuss below...
[/SIZE]
Pulaski County got spanked in their scrimmage against Whitley County.....I think they are overrated.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Why is Russell not considered a an EKY team? Are they not located somewhere in NE Ky.?

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Why is Russell not considered a an EKY team? Are they not located somewhere in NE Ky.?

Look at #4.
I like this top 20 but there is two problems. One is Hazard being under Pulaski and the other is having corbin higher than P-Burg.

I also want to say the most under-rated team on this list is Knox Central. The ranking is great but as this season begin I think they will climb the ladder almost to the top.
I would love to see a round robin of the top 4.

I wish Russell would drop Raceland or Boyd Co. and pick up JC
bac2369 Wrote:I also want to say the most under-rated team on this list is Knox Central. The ranking is great but as this season begin I think they will climb the ladder almost to the top.

Knox Central will either rise very quickly or be dismissed just as quickly. They open the season with Clay, Corbin, and Bell in succession. 3-0 moves them near the top, 0-3 sends them into oblivion. KC is good enough to go 3-0 but those three opponents are good enough to make it 0-3.

Time will tell.
I think that it looks good overall.
Beetle01 Wrote:I would love to see a round robin of the top 4.

I wish Russell would drop Raceland or Boyd Co. and pick up JC

Johnson Central would love to play Russell.
No Love again for Estill County?
Neersfan Wrote:No Love again for Estill County?

Just because a team isn't on the list doesn't mean the pollsters think they will be terrible, just not good enough for the top 20. You must consider that this list encompasses all eastern Kentucky teams, so that's like a fourth of the state. Not easy to crack the top 20 with that many teams under consideration.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Look at #4.
I am just saying that if we are counting teams in Somerset that are clearly outside the mountains and mentioning Ashland and Mason County, Russell should also be mentioned.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I am just saying that if we are counting teams in Somerset that are clearly outside the mountains and mentioning Ashland and Mason County, Russell should also be mentioned.
Its not just "the mountains". It is all of Eastern Kentucky and Russell was in at #4.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I am just saying that if we are counting teams in Somerset that are clearly outside the mountains and mentioning Ashland and Mason County, Russell should also be mentioned.

Dude, what is your problem? He just told you that Russell is on the list. Trust me, they're right there in big letters at #4. Did you even go back and look at it again?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think LCC and Pulaski county have a date set for regionals. If it got to that I think we could beat them. We do play that district in regionals right?
Sheldon Clark should be higher, there just as good as P-burg or better, and they could beat a few teams in front of them.
I look for teams like Harlan County, Sheldon Clark, Raceland, Middlesboro, and Knox Central to move up each and every week.

The first few weeks are chances for teams like Estill County, Bath County, and Ashland to move into the Top 20.
I don't forsee Ashland staying in the top if they make it after beating Raceland. Their first 4 games are brutal.

Raceland
Pikeville
Ironton,Oh
Russell

I agree. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and change the list and put Russell at #4.
He is focused on # 5 and can't see #4....
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:He is focused on # 5 and can't see #4....

Rolleyes ok now where is that brotherly love for a fellow Russell fan!
Stumpjumper Wrote:I agree. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and change the list and put Russell at #4.

Smile Smile Smile

That's pretty good...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
8, 9, and 10 should be switched around. Letcher Central should be 8, Prestonsburg should be 9, and Corbin should be 10. Also, what is up with placing Harlan County over teams like Clay and Pikeville? They have no grounds on placing them that high. They are made up of 3 mediocre teams. They will be formidable, but not above Pikeville or Clay.
SmackDaddy Wrote:Rolleyes ok now where is that brotherly love for a fellow Russell fan!
Fellow fan, haven't you read his posts? No fan of Russell's.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
When do the next set of rankings come out?
sc74 Wrote:When do the next set of rankings come out?

Tomorrow (Monday) @ 10pm.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Tomorrow (Monday) @ 10pm.

Thank's alot I didnt have a clue.:Thumbs:

We have discussed this argument in other threads before over "who's in & who's out" and the reality is, WYMT-TV has defined the eastern Kentucky area in terms of their coverage so that's a big reason why teams like Somerset and Pulaski get more mentions than say Ashland or Russell. However, I think BGR is taking into consideration the full spectrum from the Somerset area to Ashland...
jammin' jamey Wrote:We have discussed this argument in other threads before over "who's in & who's out" and the reality is, WYMT-TV has defined the eastern Kentucky area in terms of their coverage so that's a big reason why teams like Somerset and Pulaski get more mentions than say Ashland or Russell. However, I think BGR is taking into consideration the full spectrum from the Somerset area to Ashland...

Agreed.