Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge Volleyball
How do you think the Lady Warriors will do this year?

The played Allen Central the other night and although they lost they played a pretty good game.
the warriors kept right up with what is in my opinion the second best team in the region ( losing 21-25 and 17-25). I wouldn't be surprised to see this team pull a few upsets this year, and with the loss of many pikeville players last year they should have no trouble winning district.
I think the varsity team did really well. A lot of potential for the season. Was really impressed with a few standouts. We'll see how it goes in today's game.

Yes, East Ridge has potential --whether they can end games as well as they start them I don't know. None the less I expect this season to be very good for the warriors.
Another loss tonight. Maybe it's just start of the season jitters. Hopefully they will be worked out very soon.

The only problem I can see with the lady warriors is that they get so far behind at one point in the game and then expect to win...not saying that they wont win when that happens, but they need to start the game ready to win and never give up. Hopefully they will get everything together before their next game. Good luck girls
I agree. If you come out to play, be willing to give it 100% throughout. East Ridge has last season's district MVP, seen her play, amazing job, I'd love to see them chalk up a lot of wins from here on out. Be a top contender and bring home a title again.

Lady_Warriors_Softball Wrote:How do you think the Lady Warriors will do this year?

The played Allen Central the other night and although they lost they played a pretty good game.

Warriors in my opinion did the great as a first game of the season.
thetribe Wrote:I agree. If you come out to play, be willing to give it 100% throughout. East Ridge has last season's district MVP, seen her play, amazing job, I'd love to see them chalk up a lot of wins from here on out. Be a top contender and bring home a title again.

The Warriors volleyball did exceptionally well against Allen Central, even though they didn't win. People could tell when they "ran out of steam" and lost to the Rebels. Its just the beginning of the season, too, and I think that they'll do well all throughout.
I think other than digging a hole, another of the warriors problems is TOO much confidence sometimes. I think that is what happened with phelps- and magoffin county last year. They get the thought that they are going to go in there and just destroy the other team and then they get a big surprise. The warriors play jenkins on tuesday and betsy layne on thursday- I think Thursday will be a good look at how the warriors season will be this year.
oneandonly Wrote:I think other than digging a hole, another of the warriors problems is TOO much confidence sometimes. I think that is what happened with phelps- and magoffin county last year. They get the thought that they are going to go in there and just destroy the other team and then they get a big surprise. The warriors play jenkins on tuesday and betsy layne on thursday- I think Thursday will be a good look at how the warriors season will be this year.

That is definately one of their problems and hopefully they can just go in to a game and not think they are going to absolutely kill the other team. If they can do that then maybe they will start winning some games. Good luck girls
Thursday will be a good prediction on how the rest of the season will go I believe. Betsy Layne seems like a pretty good matchup for the Warriors and hopefully if the team is going to work out a 3peat, this would be the game to start turning on the heat in.

They do play Tuesday against Jenkins, at Jenkins. I really don't know anything about their team this season though so I am pretty clueless as to how that will turn out.

If East Ridge loses to Phelps and Jenkins too, I think it would be an indicator of what a lonnnng season it will be for them. One would think that the phelps game was a bad night for the warriors, but you never know....did they lose much last year?
East Ridge won against Jenkins.

Tonight will really set the tone for the rest of the season. Let's see if the Warriors can turn anything around and head in the right direction.

true_blue221 Wrote:If East Ridge loses to Phelps and Jenkins too, I think it would be an indicator of what a lonnnng season it will be for them. One would think that the phelps game was a bad night for the warriors, but you never know....did they lose much last year?

Not a bad night they were just simply outplayed
HORNET POWER Wrote:Not a bad night they were just simply outplayed

considering that teams like allen central and betsy layne beat them by no more than 7 points, im sure they were "outplayed"--- Phelps is much better than achs and blhs hands down. Rolleyes

phelps didn't beat east ridge, east ridge beat themselves. Phelps only scored points off of the warriors mistakes.
it was a bad night period.
HORNET POWER Wrote:Not a bad night they were just simply outplayed

outplayed; that is a huge word considering your talking about the phelps game.
i have seen every team in the county play this year and i have all confidence when saying they were not outplayed.
there is a difference in someone 'outplaying' you, and you 'outplaying' yourself.
nearly every point phelps scored that night was because the warriors couldnt get it together. I want the underdog to win just as much as the next person, but I'm just saying....the truth is the truth.
How did the warriors do against betsy layne tonight
true_blue221 Wrote:outplayed; that is a huge word considering your talking about the phelps game.
i have seen every team in the county play this year and i have all confidence when saying they were not outplayed.
there is a difference in someone 'outplaying' you, and you 'outplaying' yourself.
nearly every point phelps scored that night was because the warriors couldnt get it together. I want the underdog to win just as much as the next person, but I'm just saying....the truth is the truth.
How did the warriors do against betsy layne tonight

Great post. East Ridge basically beat themselves which seems to happen a lot. Against Betsy Layne they played a good game, they were close most of the time although they werent ahead until later in the game. In my opinion East Ridge could have beat Betsy Layne and I expect them to beat them next time around. Good luck girls
oneandonly Wrote:considering that teams like allen central and betsy layne beat them by no more than 7 points, im sure they were "outplayed"--- Phelps is much better than achs and blhs hands down. Rolleyes

phelps didn't beat east ridge, east ridge beat themselves. Phelps only scored points off of the warriors mistakes.
it was a bad night period.
excuse me but aces are not off of mistakes and thats how most points are scored in high school volleyball anyway is off teams mistakes
HORNET POWER Wrote:excuse me but aces are not off of mistakes and thats how most points are scored in high school volleyball anyway is off teams mistakes

obviously you do not know what an ace is, seeing as they are made off of the other teams mistakes.

but I guess we will see--- i mean you will see who the better team is when they meet up later in the season.
oneandonly Wrote:obviously you do not know what an ace is, seeing as they are made off of the other teams mistakes.

but I guess we will see--- i mean you will see who the better team is when they meet up later in the season.

ACE - A serve that is not passable and results immediately in a point.

Which you are like most other people who dont know what an ace is,if it's hit and goes out because of a mistake on the first hit ,it is not an ace
any ball is passable. its just a matter of communication and being down and ready.
NCAA Statisticians Manual--service ace is awarded any time a served ball falls untouched, or cannot be kept in play by the receiving team ("shanked" pass), or the receiver is called for an illegal attempt to play the ball, or if the receiving team is called out of rotation by the official.

Hope this helps...I didn't know the out of rotation one. This manual is very good if you keep detailed stats.
East Ridge beat Shelby Valley in two games tonight. The wildcats have improved A LOT though.

Congrats Warriors!
East Ridge seems to be a very good team this year. I don't think they will have a problem earning another district banner unless something drastic happens at Pikeville and Shelby Valley.
East Ridge beat Pikeville 2-0 tonight.

oneandonly Wrote:obviously you do not know what an ace is, seeing as they are made off of the other teams mistakes.

OMG lets see because aces were made that night from PHELPS.........
The warriors seem to be stepping up their game latley. They play in the PIT this weekend. Can't wait to see how that tournament ends up.
Is ER 7-5 now counting the PIT?