Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food City Summer Slam
The 2008 Food City Summer Slam Varsity Volleyball Tournament will be held at Prestonsburg High School on Aug 15 and Aug 16, 2008.
The following are entered into the tournament: Prestonsburg High School, Betsy Layne High School, Allen Central High School, South Floyd High School , Belfry High School, Pike Co Central High School, Sheldon Clark High School, Magoffin Co High School , Lawrence Co High School, Ashland High School , Letcher Co Central High School, Perry Co Central High School, Hazard High School , Paintsville High School, Middlesboro High School and South Laurel High School.
Games will be played at Prestonsburg High School, Allen Grade School, Adams Middle School and Prestonsburg Elementary School.
Games will start on Friday at all locations at 6:00 pm.
Can Food City use the name Summer Slam?

I'm pretty sure the WWE already has that trademarked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Some results from the 2008 Food City Summer Slam....

Hazard def. Law Co
Middlesboro def. Hazard
Prestonsburg def. Law. Co.
Middlesboro def. Prestonsburg
South Floyd def. Magoffin Co.
South Laurel def. Magoffin Co.
South Floyd def. Pike Co. Central
South Laurel def. Pike Co. Central
Betsy Layne def. Sheldon Clark
Sheldon Clark def. Perrry Co. Central
Letcher Co. Central def. Betsy Layne
Letcher Co. Central def. Perry Co. Central
Allen Central def. Paintsville
Ashland def. Paintsville
Allen Central def. Belfry
Belfry def. Ashland
Looks like belfry has a lot of competition this year. Allen central beat them in one game by 11 points if I'm not mistaken.

There may be a new 15th region champion this year!
I agree,
Allen Central gave them one heck of a game, at this tourny & @ the preseason
Belfry could not pick up their defense to run the offense.
Allen Central set up all of the hitters everytime.

AC also defeated Ashland, South Floyd, & Letcher Co.

They got defeated in the championship game in Gold Division against South Laurel.

They are def. the team to beat in the 15 region!

WAY TO GO REBELS!!:Clap:
Congrats Lady Rebs on getting your season started right. Good Luck this season!!!
The Lady Cardinals of South Laurel win the 2008 Food City Summer Slam Volleyball Tournament held at Prestonsburg High School.

On Saturday evening the Lady Cardinals of South Laurel defeated the Lady Rebels of Allen Central 27-25 and 25-18 in the championship match of the Food City Summer Slam. During the two days of tournament play South Laurel defeated Magoffin County High School, Pike County Central High School, South Floyd High School, Belfry High School and Betsy Layne High School before entering the championship match of the Gold Division. The runner-up Lady Rebels of Allen Central had defeated Paintsville High School, Belfry High School, Ashland High School , Letcher County Central High School and South Floyd High School before falling in the championship match.
In the silver division of the tournament the Lady Hornets of Magoffin County High School defeated the Lady Hawks of Pike County Central. Other participating High Schools were Middlesboro High School, Hazard High School, Perry County Central High School, Sheldon Clark High School, Lawrence County High School and the host team Prestonsburg High school. The girl’s tournament was made possible by Food City and their endeavor to give recognition to girl’s sports in the area.

STOP IN AT YOUR LOCAL FOOD CITY STORE AND TELL THEM THANKS.
VballFan Wrote:I agree,
Allen Central gave them one heck of a game, at this tourny & @ the preseason
Belfry could not pick up their defense to run the offense.
Allen Central set up all of the hitters everytime.

AC also defeated Ashland, South Floyd, & Letcher Co.

They got defeated in the championship game in Gold Division against South Laurel.

They are def. the team to beat in the 15 region!

WAY TO GO REBELS!!:Clap:
I think you're right, AC has made themselves the 15th region favorite at this point. Larry has them playing well early and from what I've seen so far early this season, they should be ranked 1 in the region.
UK Fan14 Wrote:I think you're right, AC has made themselves the 15th region favorite at this point. Larry has them playing well early and from what I've seen so far early this season, they should be ranked 1 in the region.

LOL,most teams have played maybe one or two games so far and you call AC the favorite,why cause they beat Belfry once? I 've known Rick for longer than probably anyone on BGR, and I'd venture to say that the next time these 2 teams meet it will be a totally different story. I could be wrong but I'd say Belfry will win whenever they meet again.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Can Food City use the name Summer Slam?

I'm pretty sure the WWE already has that trademarked.

Vince has been notified and his lawyers are looking into it LOL:ChairHit:
Results on the field dictate rankings in any sport.
HORNET POWER Wrote:LOL,most teams have played maybe one or two games so far and you call AC the favorite,why cause they beat Belfry once? I 've known Rick for longer than probably anyone on BGR, and I'd venture to say that the next time these 2 teams meet it will be a totally different story. I could be wrong but I'd say Belfry will win whenever they meet again.
Actually they beat Belfry twice..once in the pre-season tournament, also in the Food City Summer Slam
HORNET POWER Wrote:LOL,most teams have played maybe one or two games so far and you call AC the favorite,why cause they beat Belfry once? I 've known Rick for longer than probably anyone on BGR, and I'd venture to say that the next time these 2 teams meet it will be a totally different story. I could be wrong but I'd say Belfry will win whenever they meet again.
Belfry may very well win the next time they play AC, then again they may not. If you re-read my post you'll see that I said early twice and at this point.
Rick is a great coach and will make adjustments but, early on AC has to be the favorite based on what they've done on the court so far.
I think Belfry just had a rough beginning. I still think they are number one in the region with Allen Central being a close second.