Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Best Game" this upcoming year?
What is the one game that you are dying to see this year. There are some really good ones. Tell us your favorite.
Knox Central @ Corbin. I got Corbin winning, but this is a HUGE rivalry to both schools and the Panthers are out to prove everyone wrong about this upcoming season.
Paintsville vs Johnson
Belfry vs Johnson Central the last week of the season should be a dandy warmup for the playoffs.
Harlan Co. and Breathitt Co. in the Rax Bowl @ HC. If Harlan Co is 4-0 going into this game then this could be the game of the year.
Belfry vs. Johnson Central
AV22 Wrote:Paintsville vs Johnson

what? this shouldnt even be considered a game, more like a practice..
Belfry@johnson Central
Belfry @ Johnson Central, maybe one of the most anticipated games in the state.
so does johnson actually have a chance this year? what was the score of last years game?
Last year, Belfry defeated Johnson Central 28-12. In Central's defense, they had several starters injured. Not saying the outcome would have been any different, but I'm guessing this year is going to be a MUCH closer game. Possibly the best game in the state for the final week.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Last year, Belfry defeated Johnson Central 28-12. In Central's defense, they had several starters injured. Not saying the outcome would have been any different, but I'm guessing this year is going to be a MUCH closer game. Possibly the best game in the state for the final week.

I don't think it will be very close this year either, Johnson Central lost just about all their key players except for Dillon and Welch. Belfry returns nearly everyone of their key players except for May.
Russell - Raceland
Devil09 Wrote:Russell - Raceland

The energy around this game should be exciting,But Russell will win easily.
Middlesboro Vs Corbin @ Middlesboro

Knox Central Vs Corbin @ Corbin

Knox Central improves every year under Wayne Mills, plus Corbin lost alot. I predict KC to beat Corbin on there home field!
kybaseball Wrote:The energy around this game should be exciting,But Russell will win easily.
I'm taking Raceland in the upset on this game. You heard it here first!
Well for good measure i would never miss a Bell and Rockastle game if given the oppourtunity. With a new face on the sidelines if they got any talent this year Rockastle will be a different animal. Bell is gonna see some new looks.
Russell-Raceland
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
bulldog42 Wrote:I'm taking Raceland in the upset on this game. You heard it here first!

If by upset you mean Raceland not losing by more than 4 TD's. Then you are correct.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Last year, Belfry defeated Johnson Central 28-12. In Central's defense, they had several starters injured. Not saying the outcome would have been any different, but I'm guessing this year is going to be a MUCH closer game. Possibly the best game in the state for the final week.

Refresh my memory on which JC starters were injured? If I remember all their skill players played, and the only notable injuries udirng the game was Nathaniel Dials geting banged up and Elkins for Belfry leaving with the Pirates up 28-0.

I think it will be a much closer game this year and wouldnt be surprised to see a JC victory. Belfry wanted to assure everyone they were the King of the Mountains last season and they did a pretty good job by stifling the JC running game. Matney will want this game BAD, if for nothing else pride.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Refresh my memory on which JC starters were injured? If I remember all their skill players played, and the only notable injuries udirng the game was Nathaniel Dials geting banged up and Elkins for Belfry leaving with the Pirates up 28-0.

I think it will be a much closer game this year and wouldnt be surprised to see a JC victory. Belfry wanted to assure everyone they were the King of the Mountains last season and they did a pretty good job by stifling the JC running game. Matney will want this game BAD, if for nothing else pride.
Alot of players were hurt after the wheelersburg game last year. And shawn grimm never was right after that game he hurt his knee really bad.
Call Me The Breeze Wrote:Alot of players were hurt after the wheelersburg game last year. And shawn grimm never was right after that game he hurt his knee really bad.

Wheelersburg was at the start of the season and this was the last week of the season though?
There is a lot of games I would like to watch this year, Hazard and Green Co, Hazard and LCA, LCA and Raceland, Bell and Rockcastle, Belfry and Johnson Central, Highlands and Lexington Cath., Corbin and LCA, Corbin and Middlesboro, Southwestern and Pulaski Co, THE GAME OF THE YEAR ST. X AND TRINITY, Lexington Cath and St. X,