Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Green Dragons
Anyone?
Do any of you reckon from some of the schools that combine to make HCC that any of those kids decided to come to Harlan independent?
bac2369 Wrote:Do any of you reckon from some of the schools that combine to make HCC that any of those kids decided to come to harlan independent?

Nope. we still have around 93 kids and it does look like there going anywhere.
DaBears Wrote:Nope. we still have around 93 kids and it does look like there going anywhere.

Trust me that won't last long. After this season you will have a lot fewer. We had 80-85 our first season and it kind of leveled out after that in the following off-season.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Trust me that won't last long. After this season you will have a lot fewer. We had 80-85 our first season and it kind of leveled out after that in the following off-season.

I hope we can keep them all,but you are right some might drop off.some of them have to understand they have to wait for there time to shine.
DaBears Wrote:I hope we can keep them all,but you are right some might drop off.some of them have to understand they have to wait for there time to shine.

That's true. I think you will also see a lot drop out because they will realize how hard they have to work after the season.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That's true. I think you will also see a lot drop out because they will realize how hard they have to work after the season.

Thats true to.
I'm going to get off this thread its about Harlan Independent.sorry about that.
Coach Donahue and the Green Dragons should be much improved next season. They should be solid up front for Class A football in the mountains. They will also have a good group of skill kids with Hensley, Pennington, and Link. Look for the Green Team to be back in post season play next year.
What do they have returning? I also want to know if they picked up any kids from any of the other schools? I haven't heard anything on them because everyone is talking about Harlan County Central so maybe somebody can fill me in?
bac2369 Wrote:What do they have returning? I also want to know if they picked up any kids from any of the other schools? I haven't heard anything on them because everyone is talking about Harlan County Central so maybe somebody can fill me in?

They havent got any of our players. we still have 90 kids.
I just truly can't see the improvement that some people are talking about on this board and another. They lost their best 5 or 6 players last year and they were awful then. How can they be better?
Yogibear Wrote:I just truly can't see the improvement that some people are talking about on this board and another. They lost their best 5 or 6 players last year and they were awful then. How can they be better?

Good point.