Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braves Trade Teixeira to Angels for Kotchman
The Atlanta Braves trade 1st baseman Mark Teixeira to the Los Angeles Angels for Casey Kotchman and pitching prospect Stephen Marek.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3510042

Horrible move by the Braves IMO.
Yeah, that was a very dumb, and disappointing move.
I agree fellas! Terrible move for Atl!
This was a bad move for the Braves but a GREAT move for the Angels.
Tex is a free agent after this season. The Braves wouldn't have been able to afford him after this year anyways.

After this season he would have left for somewhere for more money and the Braves would have been left with nothing.

So why not trade him now since this season is essentially over, and get two players in return who have years left on their contracts? Instead of simply finishing the season with Tex and saying bye to him for no reason.

Casey Kotchman will be a good fit in the NL. Good move by both teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't like this move at all. But alfus21 does prove a good point.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The Atlanta Braves trade 1st baseman Mark Teixeira to the Los Angeles Angels for Casey Kotchman and pitching prospect Stephen Marek.

Horrible move by the Braves IMO.

Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Yeah, that was a very dumb, and disappointing move.

MVP2 Wrote:I agree fellas! Terrible move for Atl!

NIKE2010 Wrote:This was a bad move for the Braves but a GREAT move for the Angels.

I have to disagree with all you guys. I think this was a great trade for Atlanta and a possible clunker for the Angels. And no, I'm not a Braves homer, either (check the logo under my avatar - yep, it's the Reds Sad ).

Each player's key stats to this point:
Texiera = .283, 20 HR, 78 RBI
Kotchman = .287, 12 HR, 54 RBI

While those stats do show Texiera to be the better player, Kotchman isn't exactly chopped liver, either. And keep in mind that LA only gets Tex for the next two months, while Kotch will be under the Braves' control through the 2011 season. Everyone should be aware that there was NO chance Texiera was re-signing with Atlanta this winter. So, what would you rather have, Braves fans?

As for the Angels, the deal is a bit more questionable. Texiera is a definite upgrade for their lineup, and they are a better team because of it. But they just gave up a potential star in Kotchman, as well as a decent pitching prospect, for a two-month rental. So, if Tex helps them win the World Series, you can say it was a good trade for both teams. Anything short of a title, and the trade is a bust for the Angels.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]