Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Jenkins come back this year? who's their best player?

How does everyone think Jenkins is this year? Do you think they could come back up this year?? Who do you think their best player is this year?I think its that runnin back # 1... he runs hard and hes hard to tackle.. can someone tell me a little about him?
They have allready played some pretty weak teams and got beat though I dont recall the scores. I would have to see thier schedule to give my opinion whether or not they can come back and win some games....I hope they do though. They may be able to beat Phelps but I need to see the schedule to give a opinion about any other games.
Jenkins has played some weak teams and lost, but i think jenkins could come back up this year, i think they play allen central, phelps, south floyd,evrington..thats some games iv hurd about. but the play paintsville friday night, and i think there not saspecting a win, but just to find some heart, and not to quit..
1RunninBack1 Wrote:Jenkins has played some weak teams and lost, but i think jenkins could come back up this year, i think they play allen central, phelps, south floyd,evrington..thats some games iv hurd about. but the play paintsville friday night, and i think there not saspecting a win, but just to find some heart, and not to quit..

Allen Central-Jenkins will be underdog but could pull a upset
Phelps-Jenkins will be underdog but could pull a upset
South Floyd-South Floyd will win big
Evrington-Never heard of them so that should be a good thing for Jenkins
south floyd wil be a clos game
I think running back #1 for Jenkins has had about 90 yards this year with no td's they have played 2 games so thats about 45 yards a game! I belive Josh Belcher is the best player on the team! He runs hard he runs low and the kid handles the ball alot better. Hes a good player who can also play out wide
Confusedhock:
ITs all about your attiitude. If Jenkins continues to believe they can win and goes into every game that mindset, that shows me they are taking the first step in turning around the program. Turning around a program wont happpen overnight. Sounds like the coach is successful in getting everyone to believe they can. Like I said thats the first step. GOod Luck to Jenkins. I would love to see them come contenders in the next couple of years. 8)
I think running back #1 for Jenkins has had about 90 yards this year with no td's they have played 2 games so thats about 45 yards a game! I belive Josh Belcher is the best player on the team! He runs hard he runs low and the kid handles the ball alot better. Hes a good player who can also play out wide

Oh well what number is Josh Belcher?? and he sounds like a good player. and i hope he has a great season, and i hope he can try and pull jenkins outta there slum.
Hmm how soon do you think it'll be before Jenkins will make another play off apperance???? I'd love to see that.....
Did the running back, #1, come from Jenkins or another school when all the other ones consolidated???
Does #1 from Jenkins even start??I have never heard of him,but I think they have a good halfback that can run when he wants to,and some people that can catch the ball when they are thrown to.
well pantherblitz42 it could be as soon as this year that the cavaliers make a playoff apperance this team has alote oof talent but there lacking heart right now if they can find heart they will win and be in the playoffs if the can find ""HEART""
Jenkins best football player is # 28 ! He is only a soph. but he starts at LB on defense and FB on offense. This kid is a beast! His name is Jonathon Taylor . He could start on defense on just about any team in S.E. Kentucky. Dont get me wrong maybe not most talented player , but he is their best football player.
You know, I am sick and tired of hearing about finding heart! How can a team/player not find enough heart to want to win? Maybe EVERYONE expected to much from them! If a player doesn't have heart and drive then why live period? Jenkins is as good as they want to be but I think they still have the same Jenkinsitis(and that is not wanting to win and being flat before the game even starts, and showing no heart whatsoever wanting EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE to hand them anything)! And that is the way it is and I hope all of the Jenkins players see this. And if you have any ?'s about what I said then confront me!
I give it up to the players that go to school there for staying at Jenkins now that LCC has all the nice facilities and a very nice school, plus they have some guy named Hillard Howard coaching them. I hope Jenkins can get a few wins this year but I think the school is so small and they have so few athletes to pick from most years that it is going to be hard to get the program turned around....best of luck to the Cavs though. 8)
majicj Wrote:Jenkins best football player is # 28 ! He is only a soph. but he starts at LB on defense and FB on offense. This kid is a beast! His name is Jonathon Taylor . He could start on defense on just about any team in S.E. Kentucky. Dont get me wrong maybe not most talented player , but he is their best football player.

Beast?? On any team in SE KY??
Jenkins surprised me with some scores in prior games but I don't look for them to be anything to really get attention this season. They played with heart and really did shock me with some games but they are such underdogs, not saying that they don't have talent, it's just pretty raw and the selection of football players there is not as large as other schools.

#1 from Jenkins put up some good stats in a game a few weeks ago. I saw the highlights on Sports Overtime.