Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turf At Hazard
Well theres been a lot of wondering and discussion but its finally true...Hazard High School will have a turf football field by mid august.

They started tearing the field down to dirt and leveling friday...and the field is tore apart. FieldTurf will come in 3 weeks to install the turf.

Green Field, Metallic gold H at midfield, Navy Blue Endzones with metallic Gold Hazard and Bulldogs outlined in white.

Should be great and all the coaches worked hard.
Im excited man...it will be really nice
OldDawg Wrote:Well theres been a lot of wondering and discussion but its finally true...Hazard High School will have a turf football field by mid august.

They started tearing the field down to dirt and leveling friday...and the field is tore apart. FieldTurf will come in 3 weeks to install the turf.

Green Field, Metallic gold H at midfield, Navy Blue Endzones with metallic Gold Hazard and Bulldogs outlined in white.

Sounds very nice!
I am so happy for you guys. Even though we rival at times, we should bond together as mountain football fans.
Is Hazard's first game away or is it home?
OldDawg Wrote:Well theres been a lot of wondering and discussion but its finally true...Hazard High School will have a turf football field by mid august.

That will be very very niceCool
Especially the endzones.
Hazard's first game is away. Green Co. @ Lex. Cath. But on Sept. 6th we play Pike Co. at home and the BULLDOGS will come running out of the Dawg house with the fog rolling and the blue lights flashing and the spirit line cheering and the band playing "ON HAZARD HIGH" on the new TURF field. WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait!!!

GOOOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!
I've never been a fan of Hazard but I might just make the trip to watch them because of the field...
The game onthe 6th has been reschedule for the 5th.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That will be very very niceCool
Especially the endzones.
Yea, that's the downside of having the football field on the baseball field at Pikeville haha.
bac2369 Wrote:The game onthe 6th has been reschedule for the 5th.

That would put it on Friday night...don't know why they had it scheduled for Saturday.
i kno either me or ol BlueNGold will have sum pics on here coming soon...
I really can't wait until the first home game to see how nice the field is. I believe since they are getting turf the should fix the annoucers booth as well because i heard it was in awful bad shape.
actually i believe there are plans to repaint the pressbox and to get new signs for it as well. I think they are getting Martin Sign Co. to redo the Daniel Field Home of the Bulldogs signs...as well as repaint the pressbox navy blue. If they dont i think some of the football players said they plan to do it themselves...haha It does look bad...i equal it to wearing a tuxedo with workboots cuz the pressbox looks rough.
Paint will make it look better. But i heard one side of it the floor has holes in it and that side is never used anymore.
I believe I was one of the first to post this on the board late last spring and many nay-sayers pooh-poohed it as untrue! Now, we see the real truth. With the help of many devoted supporters and fund raisers, it is coming true and it couldn't happen at a better time to a more deserving group of players and coaches! I hope that the fans will come out in droves to support this team this fall, not just because of the field, but because the team has worked so hard to climb the ladder of success and really deserves fan support! The field will be beautiful and the players on the field will be honest and well coached. Come on people, let's get together and show our support for the Hazard football program!

Go Bulldogs!!:letsparty
were are they practicing while the field is being built?
cougarpride08 Wrote:were are they practicing while the field is being built?

Probably the practice field right above the football field.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Probably the practice field right above the football field.

Smile Rolleyes
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!
don't look for it to be "by mid August"... 7 weeks was the quickest time I saw from last Summer
5 weeks to put it in...3 for prep and 2 for the turf...it has to be...and i know the people who are doing it. The prep has been done in a week and a half...and the FieldTurf company has a set timeframe to do it in. 5 weeks tops...
OldDawg Wrote:5 weeks to put it in...3 for prep and 2 for the turf...it has to be...and i know the people who are doing it. The prep has been done in a week and a half...and the FieldTurf company has a set timeframe to do it in. 5 weeks tops...

I don't care how long it takes as long as it's ready to play on on Sept 5th. I've heard they may have to play the first home game away cos the turf won't be finished and if that's true I am NOT gonna be a happy Bulldog.
From what ive heard from steve campbell of Balis-Campbell construction who are doing the construction and prep it WILL Be done by sept 1 Latest. We are getting a new pressbox and scoreboard as well..lol
The press box is needed badly, but thats great hazard is also getting a new score board as well.
It has been 35 years since Hazard's Daniel Field was dedicated. I am so thankful to see all this upgrading being done. I think we should have a re-dedication of the field during the first home game. I have been proud of our school and our BULLDOGS for the past 35 years...I just hope and pray that I'm able to yell for them 35 more.

[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fangsjs/003-6.jpg]

HAZARD BULLDOGS!!!!
The pressbox was partially torn down today but had to stop due to bad weather. Theyre going to completely demolish it tommorow. There will be a 2 story aluminum pressbox with heating and air conditioning as well as a new P.A. System...the aluminum will be navy blue to match the bleachers....

This deal just gets sweeter...lol
OldDawg Wrote:The pressbox was partially torn down today but had to stop due to bad weather. Theyre going to completely demolish it tommorow. There will be a 2 story aluminum pressbox with heating and air conditioning as well as a new P.A. System...the aluminum will be navy blue to match the bleachers....

This deal just gets sweeter...lol

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Heat and A/C??? How can I get a press pass?? Big Grin
Let's see... they started work on Friday, July 18th.
So that's 14 days in July, 31 in August, and 12 in Sept., for 57 days, or 8 weeks.
Looks like the 5-week thing didn't work out.
haha yea....but it was done by the 13th eh?