10-11 RESULTS:
Warren County Southern -8.Russell-Flatwoods-0
South Oldham-6. Lexington West nationals-5
South London -14. Valley Sport-3
Campbellsville-11. Belfry-0

Day 2 Results as of 1pm
Valley Sport-11. Belfry 0
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
http://www.eteamz.com/kystatelittleleagu...verride=25

Here this is easier to follow
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
After loosing the first game to a great baseball team, Russell bounced back and beat South Oldham in a two day game that saw a rain delay last overnight and into the next day. The rain delay caused the starting pitcher, Messer, to be inelligble to pitch the remaining game. Funny, you can throw 85 pitches in a day but not over 40 in 2 days??? Rule loop hole. Any way after another day of rain and pushed back start times, the Russell/Flatwoods team looked at starting their 3rd pool game at 11:30pm and playing well into the morning hours. Yea after midnight....
The league called the headquarters and decided to play the last pool game for RF today. This now places all semi-final games on Wednesday and the finals on the same day.
Russell-Flatwoods came out today and played Lexington West Gardenside in the 3rd pool game of the tourney, after defeating South Oldham 6-3 the day before. Bobby May pitched and finished the game with a win placing RF in the semi-finals of the tourney. They will play South London tomorrow in the semi finals. This is a showdown from the recent Russell-Flatwoods girls 11-12 softball championship. RF came out on top last week with a win over South London for the 11-12 state championship.

Russell/Flatwoods had the bats going today with some big hits in the game. Bronson Korzep started the game off with a big hit and the game began from there. The crowning moment came with Slammin' Sammy Smith up to the plate. Sammy placed a huge hit to the outfield and stopping at second base without getting dirty. The next batter Logan Suman came up to the plate to help him out. On the first pitch Suman drove one deep over center field. Granted Suman has hit homeruns before but none bigger than this one. The fence on this field is 200 feet from home plate, but it is 12 feet tall all the way around. Suman's hit was hard and level all the way. This walk-off homer placed the RF team in the play-offs against a tough opponent, South London.
With May pitching a complete game today the team has 3 of the 4 starting pitchers left to throw in the remaining games.
The RF team seems to sit pretty coming ino the game tomorrow. More to come after the first round.. See yo guys later and go RF !!!!!!!!!!!
How did the Russell-Flatwoods - South London game turnout?
We lost to South London 7-2, we stranded bases loaded in the 4th I think. We left stranded runners alot in the game. We had some errors in the field that killed us. It was alot closer than the score board read. The South London team went on to mercy the Warren Co Southern team in the championship. I can honestly say that we could have won this tourny if not coming close to winning it. Not crying or whining, we just did not capitalize on certain situations. Our boys shoulda,coulda,woulda won this. BUT they played hard and did well. They have made it closer than any other Russell-Flatwoods baseball team in the history of RF.
I am proud of the boys and the achievments they have accomplished.