Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think that Ashland is overrated?
I was at the Ashland/Raceland game last week, and I really wasn't very impressed with the Ashland team that I saw. I give them that they are good but not as good as some past Ashland teams. Also the final score of that game did not really reflect the play of the game too much. Really Ashland didn't get rolling until late in the 2nd and Raceland did have scoring opportunityies, but in my opinion it was a matter of bad playcalls that stopped them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Ashland isn't good, I'm just saying that they are not up to all the pre-season hype.
I think Ashland is pretty good. I havent saw them play. I don't put much into week one because that is the first game for everyone. Usually by week 2 & 3 you can tell what kind of talent the team really has.
We will find out next week when they play Russell.
Ashland has always been a second half team like UK is a second half team in basketball. But they where rusty as well as allot of teams for the first week of football. Lets hope that commin off a by week and getting more time to fix some things that they will be better and some of the rust will be all greesed up. But I do not think Ashland is overrated becuase they have a very good football program and will always have a good one.
After seeing them practice in this offweek, I can tell you that they are HUNGRY for some football. If that intensity carries over to this week I think you will see quite a show from the cats.
You probably wasn't impressed with Ashland because they were playing a team that was so bad that it made Ashland play down. It's hard to be on top of your game when you can beat the living snot out of your opposition.
How is there young running back doing?
If you are askin about matt thomas he is doing well and I think will be doing better this yr then last yr. All he has to do is not be afraid of commiting to one area on the field and just bursting he has the speed all he needs is the comitment to a cut backlane or a hole on the line. But overall he is getting better everyweek.