Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Jennings Headed to Europe
Arizona signee and McDonald's All-American, Brandon Jennings has decided to skip college and play pro ball in Europe.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=6608

Could this hurt major programs recruiting top incoming freshman? How about the NCAA?
It just makes more sense for why you should be able to go to the NBA or stay a mandatory 3 years in college like in baseball.
I enjoy NCAA Basketball so I hope it wont hurt much. I think Jennings opened up the floodgates though, if he's able to go there make some money and then still be a lottery pick next year, I think more players will try to follow his lead.
I think that if players think they're ready to go from high school stariaght to the NBA than they should be able to, and if it turns out they weren't than it's thier fault that the didn't go to college.
David Stern needs to change this 1 year rule, its killing the Ncaa.
RavenBoy Wrote:David Stern needs to change this 1 year rule, its killing the Ncaa.

I agree if Jennings does good and makes the cash and still gets drafted high then many top high school players will do the same, and I dont like it because everyone knows that college bball is way better than nba and it will also hurt my Kentucky Wildcats :mad:
herd_fan_1 Wrote:I agree if Jennings does good and makes the cash and still gets drafted high then many top high school players will do the same, and I dont like it because everyone knows that college bball is way better than nba and it will also hurt my Kentucky Wildcats :mad:

Yea I know what ya mean.
I hope this doesnt hurt the NCAA.
I love it, and I heard two more top prospects from the '08 class could head with him as well.
I think that if you are good enough to go pro straight out of high school then you should be able to. This is hurting the NCAA in my opinion. If you look at the players that were good enough in high school to go straight to the NBA, you will notice they have panned out extremely well. LeBron, Garnett, Al Jefferson, Bryant, Howard,etc. have all done well so far in their careers. Carmello Anthony was good enough coming out of high school to basically lead Syracuse to a national championship by himself.

I think the majority of "one and done" kids could care a less about the college they are playing for and are only focusing on padding their stats to ensure they are at least a lottery pick in the draft. This kills the reputation of the NCAA and could really benefit from just letting kids go straight to the NBA. This is just my take on it though.
I hope you all do know that the thing really is a joke. The one and done kids can go to college, make good grades until December, 2nd Semester, they don't even have to go to class because they won't be graduating, and the only thing that lets you play 2nd semester is 1st semester grades.
I agree that this could be the start of a new trend for top prospects and a scary one for the NCAA. They will do whatever it takes to be a high pick in the draft. This also allows them to make any endorsment deal they want since they don't have to worry about any NCAA rules and regulations. That IMO is another reason some players do this.
Isn't the reason he is going to Europe is that he didn't qualify academically?
kj52 Wrote:Isn't the reason he is going to Europe is that he didn't qualify academically?

He doesn't know yet if he would or not, he didn't wait around to see, he picked Europe before his test scores came back.
I heard that his test scores were pretty low so he did decide to go overseas to play. Arizona lost a heck of a dynamic player.
-STAT- Wrote:I heard that his test scores were pretty low so he did decide to go overseas to play. Arizona lost a heck of a dynamic player.

Yeah see he was supposed to get his scores Friday, he decided to go to Europe I think Tuesday.