Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turf to come at "THE ROCK"
Jshort5 Wrote:IDK , maybe because the middle school will play there too, IDK though.
yea thats why it says martin county because all of the youth league teams and because of the middle schools team. and there gonna use it as a soccer field to.
the reason why it has martin county in the endzone is when they consoladate the middle schools and move the high school to one of the renovated middle schools they are going to call it martin county central or something like that
sc74 Wrote:yea thats why it says martin county because all of the youth league teams and because of the middle schools team. and there gonna use it as a soccer field to.

actually SC74 the reason for it saying Martin county cardinals is for the fact in the next few years all the schools will become martin county middle school and martin county high school. So that is the reason it says martin county in the end zone do to the fact of a name change with in the next year or two
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What difference does it make whats in the endzone. From what I have read in the newspaper the county has put in $550,000 of the total amount so it should have Martin County in one endzone. Never liked that Sheldon Clark name very much.:devilflam
Reminder to users that when posting make sure that you use correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar... also use capitalization.

It makes it a lot easier for other members to read.
I'll post some pics of what has been done so far later tonight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guy's deserve it. And all I can say is that it's about time . With all the coal companys that are in Martine Co. it should have been done years ago.
Dawg Family Wrote:You guy's deserve it. And all I can say is that it's about time . With all the coal companys that are in Martine Co. it should have been done years ago.

yes thats what we've been thinkin lol...but a least its happening now ....the field is almost level across now they'vee been workin on it from 7 till 9 every day just so we can have it brfore the LC game on Sep. 12
Jed Clampett Wrote:What difference does it make whats in the endzone. From what I have read in the newspaper the county has put in $550,000 of the total amount so it should have Martin County in one endzone. Never liked that Sheldon Clark name very much.:devilflam

What is the total cost of the turf field? Has anyone seen a total?
512,000 i think but im not positive but that is very close to the price if its not
Saw this on another post....

http://web.me.com/mstepp

Its a link to a 30 second delayed webcam shot of the field construction and as of 11:44pm they are still working tonight on it.
Congrats on getting the new turf. While they're working on the field, maybe they can straighten those two light poles. On the web cam they look like they are leaning real bad.
Yeah, it does appear that the one pole is leaning horribly, but this is a good change for SC, their program has vastly improved over the years and they deserve this.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Yeah, it does appear that the one pole is leaning horribly, but this is a good change for SC, their program has vastly improved over the years and they deserve this.

Well we are also getting a new lighting system so now it wont be so dang dark out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When is Sheldon Clark's Media Day?
BlackcatFootball Wrote:When is Sheldon Clark's Media Day?

friday
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=Cards09]friday[/quote
Do you know the time and location?
BlackcatFootball Wrote:[quote=Cards09]friday[/quote
Do you know the time and location?

I think 4:30 at the field but im not 100% sure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our Media day is thrusday Cards... at the field
IntheZone Wrote:Our Media day is thrusday Cards... at the field

Talked to a player today and he said Friday.
The media day is friday at 4:30 at the field.
OK, so it is Friday at 4:30, for sure lol?
^ Yes its Friday for sure talked to Coach Hager today may bad for the wrong date sorry.