Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-11 y/o results baseball Allstars
I know that Belfry is in the state tourney.
Russell/flatwoods plays Fleming Co. tonight for the district 6 championships. Any other results found????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell-Flatwoods knocks off Area 1 #1 ranked Fleming Co in the district 6 championship. Fleming Co came into the championship only allowing 3 runs total in their sub-district. Russell-Flatwoods allowed 5 runs coming into the game. Each team had scored the runs on the field with some great displays of hitting. Fleming Co had scored 22 runs in 3 games and Russell banged out 36 runs in their 3 game showing.
The final cam after Russell's Connor Messer threw a shut-out going in the middle of the 4th. Bobby May came in and finished the game only allowing 1 run. This team effort gave the Russell Flatwoods team the edge to finish with a 4-1 victory and a trip to the State Tourney.
Congrats to all the teams in district 6, great games and Big KUDOS to Russell-Flatwoods for back to back trips in the state tourney!!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats to Russell. I like the way you guys did that like i said before there was a league tried that a couple of years ago. They had a real shot like you guys in winning the state but OH NO they couldn't do that. So they had a weaker 11 yr old team and no 11-12.Moves like you guys did it's no wonder you guys are ahead of most counties around you in every sport.Sorry it is just a shame because of what could have been.

Congrats again to you guys.Where do you guys go to state at? Make Distric 6 proud i know you will.
Russell-Flatwoods downs Fleming 4-1
By MELINDA ROBINSON — The Independent

LOUISA — Powerful pitching and smart base running helped the Russell-Flatwoods All-Stars down Fleming County 4-1 Monday night and capture the District 6 10- and 11-year-old Little League title.

Russell-Flatwoods starting pitcher Connor Messer threw 4/1-3 innings of shutout ball before reaching the maximum 85 pitch count. The right-hander fanned nine batters and gave up three hits while walking four.

Reliever Bobby May came in and threw 1-2/3 innings to save the game. He struck out four of six batters faced without a walk and gave up just one hit.

“(Pitching) has made the difference the past two years,” Russell-Flatwoods manager Jason May said. “When our reliever comes in, there’s no drop off from our starter. They just have different styles.”

Scoreless through three innings at the Louisa-Ft. Gay Little League Complex, Russell-Flatwoods took advantage of a pair of passed balls in the top of the fourth. With two outs and two runners on, Messer came home after leading off the inning and reaching on a fielding error. May, who reached on a full-count walk, scored a short time later on another passed ball for a 2-0 lead.

Russell-Flatwoods tacked on two more in the top of the fifth. Leadoff batter Bronson Korzep drew a one-out walk and Heath Hensley followed with a left-field single. A passed ball allowed both runners to get into scoring position for Messer, who drove them in with a double to shallow right field.

Fleming County took advantage of Russell-Flatwoods’ lone error in the bottom of the fifth which allowed Shawn Moulis to reach second safely. Quentin Humphries took May’s first pitch and drove it to right, plating Moulis. Humphries went to third on a wild pitch, but May fanned the next two batters to end the inning.

Starter Brett Fraley threw 3-1/3 innings of no-hit ball for Fleming. Maverick Burnett threw 2-2/3 in relief, giving up three hits. The pair combined for nine strikeouts.

Fleming had several opportunities to score early but stranded nine runners in the game. They loaded the bases in the first and had a pair of runners in scoring position in the third and fourth. Each time, Messer pitched out of the jam with strikeouts.

Second baseman Eli Hamilton turned a crucial 4-3 play in the third. First baseman Hensley threw down to catcher Korzep to hold both runners.

“That play really gave the team confidence because they were starting to get shaky,” Jason May said.

Messer then struck out two batters to end the threat.

Russell-Flatwoods advances to the State Tournament to be held in Louisville beginning July 19.

R-FLATWOODS 000 220 — 4 3 1

FLEMING CO. 000 010 — 4 2

Messer, May (4) and Korzep. Fraley, Burnett (4) and Moulis. W — Messer, L — Fraley, S — May. 2B: Messer (RF), Humphries (FC). 3B: Thomas (FC).
Good luck.
Thanks..
I'd like to thank the Louisa-Fort Gay Little League for hosting an incredible tournament. The field was always in excellant condition and the people were all just class-act folks, from the Louisa coaches to the scorekeeper to the tournament director. All of our (Russell-Flatwoods) players, coaches, and parents had a truly memorable experience and it was due to all the hard work that the Louisa-Fort Gay Little League and Lawrence County community put forth to ensure the success of the tournament. On behalf of the Russell-Flatwoods 11 yr-old All-Star coaches, I like to thank each and every one who put in countless hours so that these boys could play baseball. Thank You.

p.s. Several Louisa-Fort Gay players, coaches, and fan showed up on Monday for our district championship game against Fleming County to cheer and show their support for us. That says alot about their kids and their community. I want you all to know that it didn't go unnoticed and we greatly appreciated it.