Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Obama doesn't believe in God."
Overheard at a diner: "I ain't votin' for Obama...he doesn't believe in God, and they say if he wins he won't put his hand on the Bible to be sworn in as President." A democracy is only as effective as the political literacy of its populace. Adios sweet freedom.
thecavemaster Wrote:Overheard at a diner: "I ain't votin' for Obama...he don't believe in God, and they say if he wins he won't put his hand on the Bible to be sworn in as President." A democracy is only as effective as the political literacy of its populace. Adios sweet freedom.
i have heard this to just don't know if it is true.
If this is true then I believe he will lose majority of his votes, including mine.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If this is true then I believe he will lose majority of his votes, including mine.

Barack Obama is a professing Christian. Barack Obama will put his hand on the Bible to take the oath of office. The ridiculous nature of the comments should have spoken for themselves. Vote or don't vote for McCain or Obama based on issues, on their records...not on illiterate nonsense.
This is one of the dumbest things ever. It is a rumor. That is all. Because the majority of people who spread things like this are ignorant and say it because they don't want to look into him any further than his name. If someone isn't just like you, it's easier to say they are wrong or spread rumors about them than it is to try to understand them.
thecavemaster Wrote:Barack Obama is a professing Christian. Barack Obama will put his hand on the Bible to take the oath of office. The ridiculous nature of the comments should have spoken for themselves. Vote or don't vote for McCain or Obama based on issues, on their records...not on illiterate nonsense.
:rockon:
Panther Thunder Wrote:This is one of the dumbest things ever. It is a rumor. That is all. Because the majority of people who spread things like this are ignorant and say it because they don't want to look into him any further than his name. If someone isn't just like you, it's easier to say they are wrong or spread rumors about them than it is to try to understand them.

Great post.:rockon:
no its not a rumor watch cnn he dosnt belive in god if he is president we are screwed....
kitty_cat Wrote:no its not a rumor watch cnn he dosnt belive in god if he is president we are screwed....
Find evidence, do something besides saying, He just doesn't. Just to state, I am a McCain supporter but think it is wrong for Obama's character to be put into question by ignorant people with no agenda other than to ruin his name.
Obama has stated that he thinks there's many ways to Heaven, and that all religions may be there. He has said that all religions are worshiping the same god. He may be right, but Christians may not think so.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Obama has stated that he thinks there's many ways to Heaven, and that all religions may be there. He has said that all religions are worshiping the same god. He may be right, but Christians may not think so.

In a pluralistic, freedom-of-conscience nation, this kind of thinking would be counted a strength. This would not be acceptable, of course, in a conservative, evangelical church. However, the United States of America was not designed to be a conservative, evangelical church. This comes as news to a lot of people in conservative evangelical churches.
Funny how the Bible never mentions the USA in Revelations. I dont think we will be around as a country when the rapture comes. Just a thought,, Oh and about Obama.. You have to find the truth about everything...but look at the real history book.

Profecy claims that our country will be destroyed from within...Some of his middle eastern poiltics scares me,,They just do. And that is from only what i have read or heard about from news agencies....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Funny how the Bible never mentions the USA in Revelations. I dont think we will be around as a country when the rapture comes. Just a thought,, Oh and about Obama.. You have to find the truth about everything...but look at the real history book.

Profecy claims that our country will be destroyed from within...Some of his middle eastern poiltics scares me,,They just do. And that is from only what i have read or heard about from news agencies....
What news agencies would that be?
kitty_cat Wrote:no its not a rumor watch cnn he dosnt belive in god if he is president we are screwed....
This is an Untruth! BGR isn't a propaganda tool for Right wing Propaganda and I resent you for using it as such!
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/f...mearshome/

this website was created by Obama to debunk this kind of thing... this will clear up the bible problem
He is a snake in the grass IMO and if he gets it.. Watch how fast our country will crumble!!
Money Maker Wrote:He is a snake in the grass IMO and if he gets it.. Watch how fast our country will crumble!!

We've seen your kind before.

You probably said the same about Clinton and then you foretold of how Bush was gonna "Save America".

Well, we see how that worked out. You are a Genius!Rolleyes

Thanks for your infinite wisdom.Smile
thecavemaster Wrote:In a pluralistic, freedom-of-conscience nation, this kind of thinking would be counted a strength. This would not be acceptable, of course, in a conservative, evangelical church. However, the United States of America was not designed to be a conservative, evangelical church. This comes as news to a lot of people in conservative evangelical churches.

According to Jesus own words in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Sounds more like Jesus said He was the only way to the Father and only by being His follower, and believing in Him as the Son of God whom died on the cross and God raised from the dead is the only way - I mean, at least according to Jesus.

I've actually seen conservatives and liberals who are pluralistic. The fact behind it all is, do you fully believe Jesus or do you take the chance of your own opinion?