Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ER Volleyball Seniors Quit
The East Ridge Lady Warriors will have no seniors this season.
As of this summer, all senior players quit the team.
Different reasons why but a summer program that they were involved in played a major part and took up most of their time...
Volleyball is nice, but I prefer watching real sports :lol: Idea
Volleyball players are athletes too. If I played and someone said that then I would get mad...
They work hard. Not as hard as some athletes but hard.
That's crazy they all quit.. I guess they had a good reason to though
Issues with people and then no time to do summer practice and stuff because of a program that they were in..The program like helps them with college and stuff so it was probably best for them to stick with it.
Volleyball is a fun sport when you actually play...this is my senior year and I quit but that was because I was forbidden to move from the bench or so it seemed and I figured I had better things to waste my time on that just sitting here not doing anything except moving every now and then because my butt would go numb. Training for volleyball is hard...alot harder than people think...I couldn't tell ya how many long tiresome days I put in during my time...
I know it is hard sometime to put the work in and not get to play, but it is also a team sport and team being the key word. it hurts not to play but sports like track, golf and tennis (individual sports) are sports that people play that are all about me playing. I know my daugther is not forced to play anything but if she decides to play something she is not allowed to quit. cause once you ouit the first time you never stop. Do not know your situation dtfan but hope everything works out for you.
Thankx dude...I would've stuck it out but I wasn't getting along with the other girls and I wasn't even included in the meetings that the coach had with the seniors...Last year I had a scholarship offer that I could take if I wanted from Cumberland...I went from that to not getting off the bench... it was ridiclous espically when the coach kept looking at me and saying "I'll work ya in tomorrow" needless to say tomorrow never came on that team. It was all about the starting 7...
Did not know about the scholarship, I heard Megan Castle, S. Reid and another where talked to.
Yea...Coach Smallwood talked to me about it last year...oh well right..EKU BOUND!
When did they quit?
Who where they?
What year was this ??
This is a three year old thread.....closed