Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euton ruled ineligible
According to kentucky.com
That isn't good for sure!
With a legitimate change of address almost half way across the state how in the world could the KHSAA rule him ineligible?

It's not like he went to school in Ashland and transferred to Russell, Raceland or Fairview for sports while maintaining his Ashland residence.
How can Jackson be eligible and Euton not?
now that is the really perplexing question?

I have to think his father's appeal will go through and he will be suiting up for Scott Co. next season.
This won't last.
This decision is unbelievable, especially after the Herald Leader article Sunday.

The KHSAA is asking to be taken over by the Dept of Education.

This will be overturned, IMO
bluegrassballa Wrote:How can Jackson be eligible and Euton not?

That is what I have wondered since I heard Euton wasn't and Jackson was it just don't make sense to me.
HawksRule Wrote:That is what I have wondered since I heard Euton wasn't and Jackson was it just don't make sense to me.

Are you guys really this naive about what is happening here? Private meetings, web of connections... secured jobs in new locations with tradition rich basketball. If you want kids to simply shop around as freshman, sophomores and juniors, like seniors do for college choices, then lobby the KHSAA for that. However, quit pretending.
This is very strange since Jackson made the same move as Euton did and he is eligible and Euton is not. This wont last very long though.
my question is how they can rule Jackson eligible and Euton not. Devries is a joke of a commissioner and I guess maybe the people at Lex Catholic got mad because Euton and Vinny Zollo did not come there. The KHSAA is a joke and hopefully this young man will be allowed to play this coming season. It seems to me that the KHSAA picks and choses they rule eligible. Wonder what Billy Clyde has to say, bet he's not to happy. The right thing should be done here and lets hope he wins the appeal.:letsparty
I believe they do pick and choose. Always alot of politics in everthing we do anymore. Already heard there could be some real suprises in east ky. next year. It seems some are wanting to really crack down and some are just happy to let it go.........
WKYT just reported that Jackson is also ruled ineligible and it was a clerical error that led to people saying he was eligible. Both players are appealing the decision, but the khsaa stated that they were ruled ineligible because of comments made by Euton's father leading them to believe the transfer was based solely on basketball purposes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Since Jackson has been rules ineligible, does anyone think that it will be overturned?
alfus21 Wrote:WKYT just reported that Jackson is also ruled ineligible and it was a clerical error that led to people saying he was eligible. Both players are appealing the decision, but the khsaa stated that they were ruled ineligible because of comments made by Euton's father leading them to believe the transfer was based solely on basketball purposes.

Exactly...........The move was for one reason and one reason only. The Ashland, Huntington, Ironton area has engineering jobs aplenty, there are far more chemical plants, refinery's and powerhouses in this area than the Lex. area ever thought of due to the rivers in this area. I for one am glad, (although I believe the appeal will be in their favor) to see the KHSAA sack up and put a stop to this nonsense. Euton's father opened his mouth to the media about him wanting his son to be in position to win Mr. Basketball, play a big time schedule, and be in the public eye with chances to win a state title. If that isn't stating your agenda then I don't know what is. Clay Euton made this bed.......Let him and his son sleep in it.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Euton's father opened his mouth to the media about him wanting his son to be in position to win Mr. Basketball, play a big time schedule, and be in the public eye with chances to win a state title. .
Isn't that what all parents want...for their kids to have the best chance at success possible, whatever their talents???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Isn't that what all parents want...for their kids to have the best chance at success possible, whatever their talents???

Yeah, I think all parents want their children to be successful..........But are they parents...................or pimps?? Euton would have had success no matter where he attended HS, just so happens that he and 3 other of his AAU teammates decide to transfer to the same HS within a month???? He's not a free agent. He's a child, his dad isn't an agent, he is/should be a father. His son has a scholly offer and has committed to UK, he's already a success. The reasons behind this transfer................................self-serving on Mr. Euton's part.
BlueSky Wrote:I believe they do pick and choose. Always alot of politics in everthing we do anymore. Already heard there could be some real suprises in east ky. next year. It seems some are wanting to really crack down and some are just happy to let it go.........

So what's going on in the eastern part of the state? Please elaborate!
And1 Wrote:So what's going on in the eastern part of the state? Please elaborate!
No, please...don't elaborate...That's off the thread topic
letthebighogroot Wrote:his dad isn't an agent, he is/should be a father. His son has a scholly offer and has committed to UK, he's already a success. The reasons behind this transfer................................self-serving on Mr. Euton's part.
But his father had lost his job and was going to move somewhere.
Why not to the best situation for his son AND HIS FAMILY???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:But his father had lost his job and was going to move somewhere.

Fox Sports,
The arguement I would make is:

A) His son already has scholarship offers from elite D-1 basketball programs, how much more successful can you be? His future is already at hand.

B) Yes the new job is definately a blessing for the family, but if it came because of pretenses that are against the rules and not because of the father's talents, but because of the son's, then is this not morally wrong?

Just playing Devil's advocate here...
I know that this is off topic but as of this morning Jackson was also ruled ineligible. Scott Co received a letter stating a clerical error was made in the original paperwork and informed them of his ineligibility in a new letter.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Isn't that what all parents want...for their kids to have the best chance at success possible, whatever their talents???

This word just in: Derrick Jasper is transferring to Scott County. His mother believes it is in his best interests. Of course, the NCAA has rules and guidelines which disallow this kind of thing. Darn that old NCAA. Frankly, mother and father don't always know best or use best practices. That's just an old cultural myth. "They love not wisely but too well."
Is this all beginning to have a barnyard smell to anyone?
Ho ho back to Rose hill i go. lol

This is a interesting subject to say the least. When it is all said and done with Id say the will be at Scott Co. next year.Then again it depends on Who is pulling the strings to keep them out.

Bending the rules and Politics got to love it.
The father shopped the son around and did so through the media. Its a shame for Dakota that his father is acting more as a player agent than a parent.

I could switch jobs and move today. The facts are the move was made to Georgetown for one reason only and its not because that is where the only job could be found. I think the KHSAA is in the right on this one.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:But his father had lost his job and was going to move somewhere.

Are you to say what was the best situation for the Euton family? He could have stayed with the company he worked for and relocated to 3 other states if memory serves me correctly (as per the article in the Daily Independent.) Perhaps Mr. Euton's son had not committed to play bball for those states' state university and he didn't know what kinda team talent was in the area??? I always thought it was kinda funny that he came onto the scene at Rose Hill about the same time his mother landed the girls head coaching job there. I guess that's another skeleton for another day though.
This proves my point even more regarding what I have said over in the girls FORUM. Inconsistency and politics go along way with the KHSAA!!!!!!!!!
Since the queen is the last word on eligibility, maybe she needs a couple of personal lawsuits put on her. She has the final say so as she likes to let everyone know, so maybe she needs to be drug through the court system personally a few times and maybe the queen will come off her high horse.