Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Junior League Captures Tourney Championship
Paintsville Junior Little League improved to 8-0 on the season after Capturing the first Annual "Kenny Champion" Baseball Tourney at the Knott County SportsPlex this weekend.
They Started off the weekend of pool play by defeating Whitesburg and Prestonsburg Black on Saturday and advanced to the Championship game by defeating Left Beaver on Sunday. They then defeated the host team of Knott County in the Championship game on Sunday evening. The scores and winning pitchers are as follows.

.........................R H E
Paintsville ..........6 5 0
Whitesburg .........1 2 2
WP: Dustin Vanhoose - 3 BB, 5 Ks, 2 Hs & 1 ER

...........................R H E
Paintsville ............5 8 1
Prestonsburg Blk ..0 2 1
WP: Timmy Sublett - 1 BB, 6 Ks, 2 Hs & 0 ERs

.............................R H E
Paintsville ............16 11 3
Right Beaver .........5 5 6
WP: Jordan Stewart - 2 BBs, 6 Ks, 4 Hs & 3 ERs
Ross Sanor also had a 2 run inside the park HR in this one.

Championship Game

Paintsville ........10 9 3
Knott Co. ..........9 4 7
WP: Ross Sanor - 5 BBs, 9 Ks, 3 Hs & 2 ERs
:1: :1: :1: :1:

Was a great weekend of baseball and Knott Co. did an excellent job of hosting and running the tourney. Congrats to ALL teams that competed in the 8 team tourney and good luck in the Districts.
where is the jr league state tourney going to be held at this year?
Same as last year. Dist #5. It was held at South Laurel High School. Nice Facility.
wonder why they choose there again. i know a lot of people that went there last year and said it was a poorly run tournament.
your right it is a beatiful field .
Congrats Paintsville JL. Sounds like you are headed to a good season. Does anyone know what Belfrey's got?
they are pretty solid all the around.just a little short on pitching as is all teams in my opinion.
chop1990 Wrote:they are pretty solid all the around.just a little short on pitching as is all teams in my opinion.

If you call going 6 to 8 deep....short. Well, I guess Paintsville is short then. Wink
I think chop1990 was referring to Belfrey being short. Paintsville looks to be about 6 deep that I can tell. Is that about right?
baseballrulz Wrote:I think chop1990 was referring to Belfrey being short. Paintsville looks to be about 6 deep that I can tell. Is that about right?

They actually have 6 that can start at anytime and they also have 3 more that can be placed on the mound and trusted to throw strikes when needed. Thing about Paintsville they work with every single kid they have. They also can go 5 deep at catcher.
Why is Ross Saynor not playing summer ball with the rest of our team?
PeterGriffith Wrote:Why is Ross Saynor not playing summer ball with the rest of our team?

He wants a shot at advancing to State and possibly more. Nothing more and nothing less. The kid is playing ball with kids that he has known his whole life and enjoys being around. Him being there has already got him observed and clocked by a college coach and a Tourney Championship. That is all! So nobody needs to try and speculate or read into things. He is just there to play ball and have fun. He has been there a week and a half and played in 6 games already. The kid is young and adds to a pitching rotation of VanHoose, Sublett, Stewart, Moore and Daniels. I mean my lord if anyone knows these kids, they would know that, that is pretty nice bunch to choose from.

But, as everyone knows. Baseball is a sport that anything can happen and they may not even get out of their District Pool. But, I can promise you this. The kids will have fun and learn a few things and experiences they will remember forever. Good Luck Boys.
Nobody is reading into things, jus a question....Theres just some weak spots that he could help out in....thats all....So don't be so defensive....
Congrats on the win....keep'n rolling...
How fast was the Sanor kid clocked at?
Do Sublett, Vanhoose, Stewart and Sanor throw about the same? I know I have read their names in the paper on several occasions. And it looks like most of the time they can really get the bats going. This is an interesting team. Anxious to see what a few years down the road will bring.
PeterGriffith Wrote:Nobody is reading into things, jus a question....Theres just some weak spots that he could help out in....thats all....So don't be so defensive....

Not being defensive....More like Offensive. Just letting ya know what the deal is. What can ya win in Summer Ball?????? Nothing. You have a shot at something in JR League.
kidatheart Wrote:How fast was the Sanor kid clocked at?

Can't give out all my secrets....Wink
OffTheHook Wrote:Same as last year. Dist #5. It was held at South Laurel High School. Nice Facility.

if you would let me know who the director will be.
OffTheHook Wrote:Can't give out all my secrets....Wink

LOL... Ya sure can't!!! Confusedhh: Big Grin

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
As far as the state tourney goes ,theres nobody will be able to touch Lewis Co. They are far better than last years team that won the state.If you don't believe it just ask them. They are 10 strong at pitching,they hit 1-9 I just don't see anyone touching them.This team is the favorite to win the Jr League world series.
kybaseball Wrote:As far as the state tourney goes ,theres nobody will be able to touch Lewis Co. They are far better than last years team that won the state.If you don't believe it just ask them. They are 10 strong at pitching,they hit 1-9 I just don't see anyone touching them.This team is the favorite to win the Jr League world series.

Sure, ok. Wink
Gotta make it out of your District first.
The team in our district we have played the 6 times and Destroyed them. what worries me is the eligibility of some players.as of now some players have only played a few games and no real schedule was ever made.

This team has a real shot at winning everything i hope they get it worked out.
kybaseball Wrote:The team in our district we have played the 6 times and Destroyed them. what worries me is the eligibility of some players.as of now some players have only played a few games and no real schedule was ever made.

This team has a real shot at winning everything i hope they get it worked out.

They may be better. But, I just don't see how you can say "favored to win the JRLWS", when they went 1-3 at Regions last year and the 3 losses were pretty lop-sided. And it doesn't matter what you do in Regular Season. Anything can happen during tourney time.
Good Luck Paintsville Junior League!
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville Junior Little League improved to 8-0 on the season after Capturing the first Annual "Kenny Champion" Baseball Tourney at the Knott County SportsPlex this weekend.
They Started off the weekend of pool play by defeating Whitesburg and Prestonsburg Black on Saturday and advanced to the Championship game by defeating Left Beaver on Sunday. They then defeated the host team of Knott County in the Championship game on Sunday evening. The scores and winning pitchers are as follows.

Paintsville ..........6 5 0
Whitesburg .........1 2 2
WP: Dustin Vanhoose - 3 BB, 5 Ks, 2 Hs & 1 ER

...........................R H E
Paintsville ............5 8 1
Prestonsburg Blk ..0 2 1
WP: Timmy Sublett - 1 BB, 6 Ks, 2 Hs & 0 ERs

.............................R H E
Paintsville ............16 11 3
Right Beaver .........5 5 6
WP: Jordan Stewart - 2 BBs, 6 Ks, 4 Hs & 3 ERs
Ross Sanor also had a 2 run inside the park HR in this one.

Championship Game

Paintsville ........10 9 3
Knott Co. ..........9 4 7
WP: Ross Sanor - 5 BBs, 9 Ks, 3 Hs & 2 ERs
:1: :1: :1: :1:

Was a great weekend of baseball and Knott Co. did an excellent job of hosting and running the tourney. Congrats to ALL teams that competed in the 8 team tourney and good luck in the Districts.

I'M GLAD TO SEE SOME TALENT FROM THIS AREA GET NOTICED.LOOKS LIKE MAYBE IF KNOTT CO.WOULD HAVE HAD LESS ERRORS THEY HAD A CHANCE.THAT IS WITH ALL THE WALKS AND THE ERRORS PAINTSVILLE GAVE THEM
OffTheHook Wrote:They may be better. But, I just don't see how you can say "favored to win the JRLWS", when they went 1-3 at Regions last year and the 3 losses were pretty lop-sided. And it doesn't matter what you do in Regular Season. Anything can happen during tourney time.

Completlety different team this year,and not all 3 losses were lop sided.
kybaseball Wrote:Completlety different team this year,and not all 3 losses were lop sided.

11-3, 11-6 & 7-2. Those aren't very close. But enough with this. Neither has even made it out of their district and this thread was about the Paintsville Jr League's Tourney win. Not Lewis Co..
So back to the thread please.
OffTheHook Wrote:11-3, 11-6 & 7-2. Those aren't very close. But enough with this. Neither has even made it out of their district and this thread was about the Paintsville Jr League's Tourney win. Not Lewis Co..
So back to the thread please.

Better check the scores again,the last game was 7-4 not 7-2. This thread has went different ways for sure.

congrats to Paintsville's tourney win.
kybaseball Wrote:Better check the scores again,the last game was 7-4 not 7-2. This thread has went different ways for sure.

congrats to Paintsville's tourney win.

Blame the score on littleleague.org . that is what they have posted.
Look out for the Bowling Green / Warren County Junior League team this year. My son led the league with 12 home runs, batted 620 and was 7-0 pitching with 320 ft. fences. He's just 13. We have several 13 year olds and a great group of 14 year olds. They will be tough to beat.