Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are your Little League All-stars picked?????
whatever you guys are doing it's working.another thing helps is you guys have good coaches. it is my understanding that you guys get people who know what there doing and not hired because of who they are and can be manipulated by parents and school officials. sorry for going on. i applaude effort like Russell puts in all thier sports and education.

where is your area 11yr olds going to be at?
kybaseball Wrote:whatever you guys are doing it's working.another thing helps is you guys have good coaches. it is my understanding that you guys get people who know what there doing and not hired because of who they are and can be manipulated by parents and school officials. sorry for going on. i applaude effort like Russell puts in all thier sports and education.

where is your area 11yr olds going to be at?

LL coaches are not hired.... they are appointed by the president and board of directors of the league (managers and coaches committee) AND are totally 1000% volunteers!! A good coach has to stand his ground regardless of the level they are coaching though.... Kudo's to Russell for evidently doing a wonderful job of appointing their coaches and managers and to the kids for making what sounds like another wonderful season in the land of Russell Little League!!! :letsparty

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:LL coaches are not hired.... they are appointed by the president and board of directors of the league (managers and coaches committee) AND are totally 1000% volunteers!! A good coach has to stand his ground regardless of the level they are coaching though.... Kudo's to Russell for evidently doing a wonderful job of appointing their coaches and managers and to the kids for making what sounds like another wonderful season in the land of Russell Little League!!! :letsparty

i know LL coahes are volunteers and i know who appoints them! And the board approves them,we were talking about middle school sports stating if a child doesn't make all stars.
Please read and understand the post before you go after someone!!!!!
Well our 11's are playing at Lawrence Co this year,, I dont know who made it yet but will be looking for the post tomorrow after church.,. I do know that we will be playing at Lawrence Co or Louisa, where ever it is. I think that we play in a 4 team bracket this year for our district or regional or how ever it is named. Ashland American, Ashland Nationals, Russell/Flatwoods and Louisa/lawrence Co.
Come watch us if you can I thik you willbe impressed... That is if we have a good team after selection today....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
thanks for the invite,our 11-12 will be going to Grayson,if we make the team.
kybaseball Wrote:i know LL coahes are volunteers and i know who appoints them! And the board approves them,we were talking about middle school sports stating if a child doesn't make all stars.
Please read and understand the post before you go after someone!!!!!

YOU need to read what I wrote! I was NOT going after you!! AND for that matter this isn't a middle school thread... IT is a LITTLE LEAGUE ALL-STAR THREAD!!!!

MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS WERE MENTION IF A CHILD DID NOT MAKE ALL STARS. and i also asked were the 11yr olds will be playing refering to all stars. i will make my post more clear in the future.i believe my post mention or refer to all-stars.
i'll shut up now, ALL STARS are a pain even on a message board.
kybaseball Wrote:i'll shut up now, ALL STARS are a pain even on a message board.

Agreed!!! They are a pain but worth every single bit of it!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!

Russell-Flatwoods 11 year old team.....
Bear Adams.. played on the 11 year old team last year as a 10 year old.

Nate Akers- first year on the allstar team... has hit 2 out, plays infield and pitches

Spencer Cole- first year on the team,- fast pinch runner, will be used every inning.

Silas Cox- last years team, plays first and pitches, hits really well

Elijah Hamilton- Broken leg last year, pitcher, well deserved this year. 3rd base

Heath Hensley- on team last year,lead off batter, plays first, can lay a bunt anywhere.

Bronson Korzep- last years team,catcher, lead off, hits left, throws right, STRONG KID

Bobby May- pitcher, nasty curve. great kid, 2nd base. hits well too

Connor Messer- SS, last years team, pitcher, 6 home runs this year, fast.strong kid

Garion Robinson-last years team, LF, CF, good hitter, smart baseball player.good kid.

Sammy Smith- STRONG KID, multiple homers, catcher, played last year. big stick!!

Logan Suman- last years team, play anywhere, power hitter, great kid, smart player.

OVERALL- stronger team than last year, all are players and are fine young men that listen.

I am thankful that we are a part of this team,, I hope that they do well..... GO RFLL.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
phs1986 Wrote:LL coaches are not hired.... they are appointed by the president and board of directors of the league (managers and coaches committee) AND are totally 1000% volunteers!! A good coach has to stand his ground regardless of the level they are coaching though.... Kudo's to Russell for evidently doing a wonderful job of appointing their coaches and managers and to the kids for making what sounds like another wonderful season in the land of Russell Little League!!! :letsparty

I think he was talking about Russell High School football coaches.
i want to say to phs1986 and everyone on this fine board that i was WRONG on the way i reacted to an earlier post.i apolochize to anyone i offended.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Russell-Flatwoods 11 year old team.....

Nate Akers- first year on the allstar team... has hit 2 out, plays infield and pitches

Spencer Cole- first year on the team,- fast pinch runner, will be used every inning.

Elijah Hamilton- Broken leg last year, pitcher, well deserved this year. 3rd base

Heath Hensley- on team last year,lead off batter, plays first, can lay a bunt anywhere.

Bronson Korzep- last years team,catcher, lead off, hits left, throws right, STRONG KID

Connor Messer- SS, last years team, pitcher, 6 home runs this year, fast.strong kid

Garion Robinson-last years team, LF, CF, good hitter, smart baseball player.good kid.

Sammy Smith- STRONG KID, multiple homers, catcher, played last year. big stick!!

Logan Suman- last years team, play anywhere, power hitter, great kid, smart player.

OVERALL- stronger team than last year, all are players and are fine young men that listen.

I am thankful that we are a part of this team,, I hope that they do well..... GO RFLL.

If it will not compromise any board rules
(IDENTIFYING A PERSON) which player had the big hit at the end of the game against Lewis CO. in last years ALL STAR game?
kybaseball Wrote:i want to say to phs1986 and everyone on this fine board that i was WRONG on the way i reacted to an earlier post.i apolochize to anyone i offended.

No harm done and HEY.... Its all-star time... WE all tend to get a little "tensed up" myself included!!! LOL....

Thanks for the apology and on with the All-star discussions!!!!

Congrats Russell LL on your choices and team....... Good luck and best wishes!!

kybaseball Wrote:If it will not compromise any board rules
(IDENTIFYING A PERSON) which player had the big hit at the end of the game against Lewis CO. in last years ALL STAR game?

That big hit came from Jacob McKee, he was only 9 last year and will be onthe 10 year old teamagain this year. Yea he won the game with a deep ball to right center,, yea he was only 9.
Change 1:

DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Russell-Flatwoods 11 year old team.....

Dad will not let him play, this is the second year in a row. Great baseball player......dont understand the parents anymore.

I cannot call what this is an all star team. Not in the true sense. Call it a select team or a travel team. The 11 and 12 year old teams were not too bad, a couple of questionable ones on each, but the 10s................

Every league officer had their kid on an all star team. Some deserved it, some did not.
Every league officer had their kid on an all star team. Some deserved it, some did not.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean this towards any particular league, but this on sounds a league i have heared of.
In our league the players pick nine players and the winning coach picks the other 3.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Change 1:
I'm sure the parents had other things planned for the summer besides sitting at the baseball field till school started back. They are a such thing as camping and vacations and all sorts of stuff to do in the summer. Their 11 years old. Their not out here trying to win a scholarship for college. So before you write comments on the parents, maybe you need to learn of the situations before hand.
Over here in District 1 the kids and coaches vote and the top 9 vote getters make the team and the Head Coach picks the other three. Bowling Green East Beat Warren County South 6-5 last night in the area tournament and both will move on to the District finals next week in Owensboro. Last year East and South Played in the State Championship game with South winning and moving on to Indianapolis. Both teams look very strong again this year and either one will represent District 1 very well at State. By the way we will be sending a very good team to London for the Junior league State Tournament starting on the 19th.
baberuth Wrote:I'm sure the parents had other things planned for the summer besides sitting at the baseball field till school started back. They are a such thing as camping and vacations and all sorts of stuff to do in the summer. Their 11 years old. Their not out here trying to win a scholarship for college. So before you write comments on the parents, maybe you need to learn of the situations before hand.

It was just an innocent comment that he did not understand the parents. He did say one word derogatory towards anyone.
Thanks Midee1, problem with email.. Can not feel the emotions inthe statement..
It's so hard to keep balance in your life when you have a kid who plays one, two , or even three sports. Throw in a couple of other siblings who are just as active and life can get tough. Our boys want to play whatever season is in...football, basketball, baseball, turkey, squirrell, ect... By the time little league finally comes to an end, we are worn out. We have three at three different fields and it gets miserable. Their bodies and minds need a chance to rest in between seasons and the only time is summer for us. We always passed on all-stars and so far we haven't regretted it. Perhaps this may shed a little light as to why someone would not want their child to play all-stars.

For us it is about priorities. If you can't get your home work finished because you are too tired from practice or because we got home too late, then something needs to give. If you can't make it to church services because you are at practice or are too tired, then you need to make a change. Sometimes we have to keep "checking" ourselves as the seasons go by and we are dragging the kids to a ball game, eating supper at the concession stands ,or at the nearest fast food restaurant while the kids are doing homework in the car on the way home. Sports are great and can be a way to earn a college degree. Alot of sacrifice has to be made in order to achieve certain goals that kids have. I guess as parents, we have to know where to draw the line and say enough is enough. Balance!
Oh I agree Mama Bear,, 100% Great post!!!!
Thats the difference in a parent that cares about their child and wanting to do what is best even though it may be telling your child, 'No you can not do that"
and someone who just has priorities of their own and not giving the child a chance to develope into a well rounded youngen'.
Now before anybody posts on here that I was commenting about the parenting skills of certain people... HOLD YOUR TONGUE !!!!
I am not talking about anybody in particular so chill out.

I understand about multiple kids playing different sports in different leagues. I admire our church family member MEGAN HARRIS. She has a girl in high school this year that plays sports, a boy in middle school that plays all 3 sports, a boy in Intermediate school that plays 3 sports and 2 year old baby girl. She is amazing at what she does, loves her kids and makes it happen. She has God in her heart and lives for her children. Now I just have 2 children, 1 who is always on the go and plays everything. The other is a senior in high school, she has a connective tissue disorder and can not play any thing, She loves her brother and supports him. I am, blessed with 2 great kids. BUT I work to give my children opportunities. I guess the new TobyMac song says it all: " I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my soul!"
Little leauge is horrible.