Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville v. NCC (Pike County Bowl)
Alright...this game is less than 6 days away so lets get the talk started.

Pikeville and Newport Catholic will play in the night cap of the PCB on Friday at Pikeville. Should be a good game with both of these teams pre-season top 10.

Don't know much about NCC other than they are a always solid team.
Pikeville will still be adjusting the a new system under Coach Jackson.

What does eveyone think about the game?
I think NCC will be too much for pikeville, being that they are still getting adjusted.. It might not be a huge blowout, but i think NCC will win pretty handily..
I agree with CTD.
NCC by about 16...
I would love to see the Panthers pull this out. NCC by 2 tds though..
NCC by at least 2 touchdowns.
I just don't think that the Panthers will be able to pull this one out. Still need a little more time adjusting to the new coaching tactics and such.
Im going with NCC also.. but good luck to Pikeville
I also think NCC will be to much for Pikeville, but I see the Panthers going far into the playoffs this year. Even though I believe NCC will win, I will still be rooting for Pikeville in this one.
I hope Pikeville wins, I dont know how NCC plays, I can just say I hope our boys pulls what looks like a upset in here.
NCC 35
Pikeville 14

If the two teams play in the playoffs(which they won't because Beechwood owns NCC just as much as they do Pikeville)I would expect the game to be MUCH closer.

GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!!

Also on a side note....GOOD LUCK BELFRY!!
Pikeville gets beat by 2 touchdowns but a very good chance they keep it closer Pikeville is a team that plays like a team and they have MANY weapons im kinda excited to c how they use it to their advantage...GOOD LUCK to PIKEVILLE and ALL PIKE COUNTY TEAMS
ive heard that ncc wasnt that good this year so im going with my panther family.
pikeville-14 Confusedhock:

ncc-7
Pikeville is still getting used to the new coach and his system so NCC shouldn't have a problem in this one, although Pikeville could probably beat NCC if they were to play in the playoofs just not in the first game of the season under a new coach.
Whoever told you NCC wasn't going to be good this year told you wrong. NCC returns almost every starter if not every starter on both sides of the ball. I hope Pikeville pulls this out that way the people up north would quit criticizing Region 4 football in all classs. I just don't see this happening though, NCC by 35, will the game be on WYMT?
It has been the past couple of years so I would think that it would be again this season. 8)
im going with pikeville in a close game, they showed that they had a lot of bright spots in thier future last year against belfry,that qb will be awfully tough this year, and the robinson kid is a heck of an athlete. i look for pikeville to make alot of noise this year and wish them all the luck in the world!!!!!maybe we can caravan to papa johns together this year!!! 8)

Confusedhock:
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:im going with pikeville in a close game, they showed that they had a lot of bright spots in thier future last year against belfry,that qb will be awfully tough this year, and the robinson kid is a heck of an athlete. i look for pikeville to make alot of noise this year and wish them all the luck in the world!!!!!maybe we can caravan to papa johns together this year!!! 8)

Confusedhock:

I hope your right Mr. Incredible..
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:maybe we can caravan to papa johns together this year!!! 8)

Confusedhock:

If Pikeville wins, are you gonna buy the pizza?
bballcrazee Wrote:

Confusedhock:

I think he meant State Championship game (Papa Jahn's Stadium in Lousiville) :|
bballcrazee Wrote:

Confusedhock:

if belfry and pikeville both go you better believe ill buy you a pizza, no i take that back ill buy you a buffet at ryans with the teams!!!!!
Idea Banane35.:
JKWON33 Wrote:Whoever told you NCC wasn't going to be good this year told you wrong. NCC returns almost every starter if not every starter on both sides of the ball. I hope Pikeville pulls this out that way the people up north would quit criticizing Region 4 football in all classs. I just don't see this happening though, NCC by 35, will the game be on WYMT?
NCC lost 19 starters from last year.
They return their QB and two lineman.
Ya' know. I reckon it'll be a darn good match up. From what I seen over the last few years from both of these teams, I'd be biting a copper head if I didn't say it'll be a good game.

Newport Cath is used to being a dominating team, as well as Pikeville. Both teams are determined, so it's plum up in the air who it'll go to. Don't throw it to the hens til Friday night.

That's all I got to say.
Beef Wrote:
bballcrazee Wrote:

Confusedhock:

It seems like it would cost alot to buy pizza for a whole stadium full of people, unless he gets the two time Tuesday deal from Domino's, but would pappa john like that? :lol:
CBS Sports Wrote:
JKWON33 Wrote:Whoever told you NCC wasn't going to be good this year told you wrong. NCC returns almost every starter if not every starter on both sides of the ball. I hope Pikeville pulls this out that way the people up north would quit criticizing Region 4 football in all classs. I just don't see this happening though, NCC by 35, will the game be on WYMT?
NCC lost 19 starters from last year.
They return their QB and two lineman.
According to over 10 Beechwood boosters, NCC returns just about everybody back. The Beechies said that NCC will be a lot better than last years Beechwood team. The same team that whipped Pikeville last year and won the Class A state Championship.

This game could get ugly. I hope Pikeville plays great. If they can keep it within 3 TD's, it would be a moral victory and it will show what they need to work on to get better.

I just don't think a Panther victory is in the cards. But, a win would be aewsome :!: :!: :!:
NCC did lose 19 starters from last year but they will still be a VERY good team that will be too tough for Pikeville in the first game of the year. This game will be good for Pikeville regardless because it will show them what they must improve on by Thanksgiving weekend if they have any intentions of making to Louisville.

I am still going with NCC by 3TDs but I hope I am wrong and the Panthers can keep it close and have a chance to pull the upset in the end.
bballcrazee Wrote:
Beef Wrote:
bballcrazee Wrote:

Confusedhock:

It seems like it would cost alot to buy pizza for a whole stadium full of people, unless he gets the two time Tuesday deal from Domino's, but would pappa john like that? :lol:

thats how i roll baby
its supose to rain friday... i here that could really hurt ncc on the turf
Rain, Snow, Sleet, Hail, a monsoon, or even a tornado won't stop NCC from getting the win, but it may stop them from racking up at least 40 points.
For information on hearing this game, send an e-mail to [email]sethandnate@yahoo.com[/email].
For information on hearing this game, send an e-mail to [email]sethandnate@yahoo.com[/email].