Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAU track?
Any teams running this summer in the Ashland-Russel area????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I had no idea there was an AAU track season now. That is really interesting when did this begin?
Apparently it has been going for some time. I have noticed that there are teams who run in the fall and summer as independent teams and compete indoors too. I am new to track since my son has started participating but I am learning too.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Its not really AAU, they have indoor track teams that only compete indoor, and the mason dixion games are like state for those teams.
Correction, there really are AAU track teams. I heard about them at state this weekend, thats pretty cool.
My son is going to Bardstown this coming weekend to run in the Junior Olympics for USATF. I think he wants to go to the AAU state meet too. I am hoping as a parent that he has a great show at the meet. if you place in the top 6 you qualify for the regionals in Michigan this year. US nationals will be held in Iowa this year.. I am new to this as my son is also but this is a great way to have fun and meet some really cool kids.
There isn't an organized team as far as I know for this year. I have help with teams in the past and individuals that wanted to compete in the AAU. I would suggest that anyone interested in track should go. It is a great learning experience. As far as indoor goes, there are meets held all over. They can attend as a team or individual. I know there are at least two held at UK in the Nutter Center every year.
How could a kid get involved in AAU or junior olympics?
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:My son is going to Bardstown this coming weekend to run in the Junior Olympics for USATF. I think he wants to go to the AAU state meet too. I am hoping as a parent that he has a great show at the meet. if you place in the top 6 you qualify for the regionals in Michigan this year. US nationals will be held in Iowa this year.. I am new to this as my son is also but this is a great way to have fun and meet some really cool kids.

Just got back from the meet.
1st in 80 meter hurdles
1st in 200 meter dash
1st in long jump.
All in his age division. About joining, you have to purchase a membership for a year, then show birth cert. to verify age. Then the meet is ran just like any other -EXCEPT that you may have to run against anybody and everybody in the same heat but only your time counts in that age group. Had a great time and met a guy who I sat next too, he is 56 years old, Sonny Collins, ran the 100M dash in 12 seconds !!!!!
Great people and great exposure for kids with a great organization.
Go to
http://www.usatf.org/groups/Youth/progra...ics/TF.asp

And check it out.