Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Johnson Central - Scrimmage
does anyone know how this game turned out?
I heard Belfry was really quick and had a BIG offensive line as usual.. Haven't heard much about JC this season.
From what I read, both teams looked really good.

Johnson Central passed the ball really well. They had some success in stopping the run. Made some big plays. JC will be much improved this season.

Belfry's offensive and defensive lines were said to be very quick, and the backfield was very impressive. Belfry made some big hard hits that rattled one player and put him out of the game for a few plays.The passing game for Belfry is coming along well. For anyone that knows Belfry, they are not a passing team, but will incorporate it from time to time to mix it up....You can't run the wishbone on everyplay. There will be some things that need to be worked on. I'm sure Coach Haywood will have the Pirates ready as always.

Side Note - Heath Varney for Belfry was taken to the hospital with a leg injury...Hopefully will be better for the start of the season.
lol Belfry Pride the wishbone worked well in the state champ last year what was is like 52 rushing plays and 0 passing lol thats like HILARIOUS
Well we haa couple passing plays.... 8)
well u didnt really need passing plays with the dynamic duo belfry had last year
From what i seen JC ran down belfrys throat and burned them long after the first set of downs........belfry is a HARD hitting and Very quick and they should bring state home again!!